Author Topic: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists  (Read 270807 times)

Offline Tanalia

• Venus
Re: A few simple questions for conspiracy theorists
« Reply #315 on: December 12, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »
For instance, getting "Astronauts would have been too cold" and "Astronauts would have been too hot" in the same row/column/diagonal would effectively remove 1/10th of the card's chance to "win".

Not necessarily. It's quite possible for a HB to argue "they would have been too cold in space, AND too hot on the Moon." (I agree that the chances of bingo would be reduced, of course.)

Which was also stated right after the section you quoted.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #316 on: December 12, 2014, 06:29:43 PM »
It is generally much colder in deep space than on the moon during the daytime. Of course, this should never be taken as any kind of fixed rule. The only way to know what actually happens is to carefully model all of the incoming and outgoing radiation (since heat cannot flow through a vacuum in any other way) using the surface properties of an object at each wavelength. And the internal properties too, if the object is of any significant size, to understand how heat moves within it.

The basic physics is pretty simple but doing this in practice requires very good computer models and a lot of expertise. It's kinda like the difference between understanding Newton's laws of motion and modeling an airplane crash into a building...

Offline Romulus

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2015, 07:42:01 PM »
I've got a few simple questions for those of you who consider yourselves "conspiracy theorists", "truthers", or "hoax believers".

Why do people, like you, feel the need to lie to make your case? Why do you pretend to be engineers, scientists, or doctors when you very clearly are not?

About all that can be said in response to this is a)I don't lie, EVER for any reason,b)I don't pretend to be anything, the pretense is on your part to "know" these things. As time goes on, it will become apparent that you are woefully ill equipped to prove these suppositions. There are thousands of qualified individuals who do not subscribe to your beliefs. the fact that they do not attack NASA with the same veracity that you defend it is obvious, they have little to gain by doing so. This will be my only post to this thread, i just thought it was neccessary to reveal your pretentious,arrogant and false to claim to holding the high ground and authority on the subjects involved. it is clear to me by reading these boards an engaging the persons who frequent them is that no matter what level of proof is presented, you will never concede anything in the Apollo evidence was faked, and that is a fact..

You made a mistake when you made the claim no one who denied Apollo was a real accomplishment is not scientifically qualified to have that opinion, and I make this promise to you here that whether you admit it or not you will be proved wrong.

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2015, 07:57:29 PM »
I've got a few simple questions for those of you who consider yourselves "conspiracy theorists", "truthers", or "hoax believers".

Why do people, like you, feel the need to lie to make your case? Why do you pretend to be engineers, scientists, or doctors when you very clearly are not?

About all that can be said in response to this is a)I don't lie, EVER for any reason,b)I don't pretend to be anything, the pretense is on your part to "know" these things. As time goes on, it will become apparent that you are woefully ill equipped to prove these suppositions. There are thousands of qualified individuals who do not subscribe to your beliefs. the fact that they do not attack NASA with the same veracity that you defend it is obvious, they have little to gain by doing so. This will be my only post to this thread, i just thought it was neccessary to reveal your pretentious,arrogant and false to claim to holding the high ground and authority on the subjects involved. it is clear to me by reading these boards an engaging the persons who frequent them is that no matter what level of proof is presented, you will never concede anything in the Apollo evidence was faked, and that is a fact..

You made a mistake when you made the claim no one who denied Apollo was a real accomplishment is not scientifically qualified to have that opinion, and I make this promise to you here that whether you admit it or not you will be proved wrong.

How do you propose to do that when you refuse to post the evidence you claim to have?

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2015, 08:21:45 PM »
Nobody who denies Apollo is scientifically qualified.  At least, the claims they put forward don't show that.  EVERY single hoax claim does not stand up to scrutiny and most reveal extreme scientific ignorance on the part of the person putting it forward.  You may not agree but that is demonstrably the truth.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2015, 04:44:08 AM »
I don't lie, EVER for any reason,b)I don't pretend to be anything, the pretense is on your part to "know" these things.

Well...apart from where you said that Armstrong was
a recluse who appeared to be highly reluctant to represent NASA
when he spent 37 days touring the world as a representative of NASA after the Apollo 11 landing.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »

You made a mistake when you made the claim no one who denied Apollo was a real accomplishment is not scientifically qualified to have that opinion

To adapt a quote from Star Trek 8:

"Brave words. I've heard them before, from thousands of moonhoaxers across thousands of forums, since long before your account was created."

Show us the ones who you think are qualified...

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2015, 11:28:13 AM »
...I make this promise to you here that whether you admit it or not you will be proved wrong.

Well, that's a promise you won't be keeping.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2015, 11:39:52 AM »

So instead of presenting evidence that Apollo was faked, you chose to insult EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD WITH PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS, by calling them liars??

Reported...

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2015, 11:51:58 AM »
As time goes on, it will become apparent that you are woefully ill equipped to prove these suppositions.

Sorry, but you are confused. The Apollo missions are established historical FACT. We have no need to prove any suppositions.

You keep trying to shift the burden of proof, you need to stop doing that.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2015, 11:56:35 AM »
This will be my only post to this thread...

Call those who disagree with you liars, then "run away".

I'm beginning to detect a pattern.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2015, 02:18:28 PM »
So instead of presenting evidence that Apollo was faked, you chose to insult EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD WITH PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS, by calling them liars??

Reported...
The text you quoted was from LunarOrbit, not Romulus.  I believe the gist of Romulus' response was that he and some number of other hoax-believers  are qualified to interpret the Apollo record.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2015, 02:32:57 PM »
It is clear to me by reading these boards an engaging the persons who frequent them is that no matter what level of proof is presented, you will never concede anything in the Apollo evidence was faked, and that is a fact..

Are there levels of proof? What constitutes a proof? Sorry to get philosophical on you, but I am a scientist and I understand the notion of proof. Scientists don't kick down the door and throw their toys because their theories/ideas are not accepted without condition. Who decides your level of proof and its acceptance on the word stage, you? That's not how science works. If your ideas are not accepted by this forum then take them elsewhere. There are people here that are experts in their field, and many people who have a substantial understanding of science and Apollo.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »

Reported...
The text you quoted was from LunarOrbit, not Romulus.  I believe the gist of Romulus' response was that he and some number of other hoax-believers  are qualified to interpret the Apollo record.

Doh.,.need to pay better attention....I blame it on my impending colonoscapy,..,seriously, I'm in the out patient waiting room awaiting the procedure as I speak.,..wish me luck

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2015, 02:43:05 PM »
I think we can all agree that is a legitimate excuse.  Good luck.