Author Topic: Jet Wintzer movie "MOON HOAX NOW"  (Read 36256 times)

Offline 12oh2alarm

• Venus
  • This dude likes Don Martin cartoons.
Jet Wintzer movie "MOON HOAX NOW"
« on: August 10, 2015, 03:56:01 PM »
Since a forum search for "Wintzer" came up empty, maybe we have something new to discuss.

Jet Wintzer made a 55min feature film, with the title from the subject, available as

Unlike Wunder-Blunder he goes to great length to match mission transcripts, voice and video. Unlike many loons among the CTs, he also credits astronauts as heroic, so I hesitate to toss him in the loony bin.
Among the handful of "issues" there are two that are easily explained.
  • At about 5:00 The swinging MESA bag is exactly what one would expect to happen for a loosely connected item (much like that swinging lanyard filmed on one of the missions that can be used to calculate the local acceleration, e.g.
  • "Covert Light?" at about 34:30 The reflex in the visor is clearly reflected sunlight by some part, probably not the round glass, rather the side, of Duke's wrist watch. The movement of the light spot on the suit is completely consistent with the turning of the wrist and arm movement.
I don't know why he makes such a fuzz about "shadows" at about 3:00. Maybe Dwight is able to explain these TV artefacts? (We all know a color wheel was used, but what could have caused these two moving stripes in short succession?)
As for the smudge on the reseau plate, I don't know what to make of it.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: Jet Wintzer movie "MOON HOAX NOW"
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:30 PM »
Don't waste your time. This is the guy. http://www.thefogbow.com/birther-claims-debunked1/birther-cast-and-crew/lawyers/leo-donofrio/

Claims to be the reincarnation of the Holy Spirit.

Certifiable.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 04:22:17 PM »
Since a forum search for "Wintzer" came up empty, maybe we have something new to discuss.

Jet Wintzer made a 55min feature film, with the title from the subject, available as

Unlike Wunder-Blunder he goes to great length to match mission transcripts, voice and video. Unlike many loons among the CTs, he also credits astronauts as heroic, so I hesitate to toss him in the loony bin.
Among the handful of "issues" there are two that are easily explained.
  • At about 5:00 The swinging MESA bag is exactly what one would expect to happen for a loosely connected item (much like that swinging lanyard filmed on one of the missions that can be used to calculate the local acceleration, e.g.
  • "Covert Light?" at about 34:30 The reflex in the visor is clearly reflected sunlight by some part, probably not the round glass, rather the side, of Duke's wrist watch. The movement of the light spot on the suit is completely consistent with the turning of the wrist and arm movement.
I don't know why he makes such a fuzz about "shadows" at about 3:00. Maybe Dwight is able to explain these TV artefacts? (We all know a color wheel was used, but what could have caused these two moving stripes in short succession?)
As for the smudge on the reseau plate, I don't know what to make of it.
Oh, and the reseau plate smudge has been done to death. ISTR AwE was the most recent deluded proponent of the reseau plate smudge.

Offline 12oh2alarm

• Venus
  • This dude likes Don Martin cartoons.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »
Somehow the search must have fooled me. Nothing to see here, folks. It's all in http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=853.0

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 01:43:25 AM »
Unlike many loons among the CTs, he also credits astronauts as heroic, so I hesitate to toss him in the loony bin.

Believe it or not, I've actually seen several loons call the astronuats heroic, at the same time they are calling them liars and frauds.  Go figure.

(edited to add)

One thing I’ve noticed about many hoax theorists is that they attack us, the defenders of Apollo, and they attack NASA as an organization, but they tend to hesitate personally attacking any of the high-profile individuals at NASA.  Of course by making the claims that they do, and by going after NASA, they are by extension attacking the astronauts and all the people who were part of Apollo.  When we point that fact out, the HB will often start backpedaling.  They’ll sometimes say something like the astronauts were forced into it, or they we just doing what their country asked of them, etc.  I guess some HBs just don’t have the guts to put a name and a face to the people they are calling criminals.  Instead they blame the namely and faceless “powers that be”.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:14:26 AM by Bob B. »

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 02:51:10 AM »
Somehow the search must have fooled me. Nothing to see here, folks. It's all in http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=853.0
Anyone's google-fu can fail at a moments notice. no harm.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 03:02:07 AM »
Unlike many loons among the CTs, he also credits astronauts as heroic, so I hesitate to toss him in the loony bin.

Believe it or not, I've actually seen several loons call the astronuats heroic, at the same time they are calling them liars and frauds.  Go figure.

(edited to add)

One thing I’ve noticed about many hoax theorists is that they attack us, the defenders of Apollo, and they attack NASA as an organization, but they tend to hesitate personally attacking any of the high-profile individuals at NASA.  Of course by making the claims that they do, and by going after NASA, they are by extension attacking the astronauts and all the people who were part of Apollo.  When we point that fact out, the HB will often start backpedaling.  They’ll sometimes say something like the astronauts were forced into it, or they we just doing what their country asked of them, etc. I guess some HBs just don’t have the guts to put a name and a face to the people they are calling criminals.  Instead they blame the namely and faceless “powers that be”.
Well, given what happened to the last one who did . . .

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 07:42:53 AM »
Bart is an annoying individual on a mission to fund his way of life, call it a job if you like.  I have watched his video where he gets into astronauts lives and ask them the pertinent HB questions.  None of those encounters went well, especially Buzz's left hook.  These guys are still a close fraternity and the word got around so none of them would engage with his silliness.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 09:50:33 AM »
It wasn't the first time Sibrel had harassed them, hence Armstrong's "You again?"
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:13 AM »
It wasn't the first time Sibrel had harassed them, hence Armstrong's "You again?"
True, but I was referring to the video "Astronauts Gone Wild"  Bart neglected to present all the efforts attempted.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 11:32:17 AM »
The whole time I was writing that paragraph I was thinking to myself that the one obvious exception is Bart Sibrel.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
More seriously, and from a more cynical perspective, it's easier to gain audience sympathy if you simply blame the faceless They and Them. Saying that humble, soft spoken gentlemen was a liar? That's a harder sell.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 01:05:09 PM »
[

(edited to add)

One thing I’ve noticed about many hoax theorists is that they attack us, the defenders of Apollo, and they attack NASA as an organization, but they tend to hesitate personally attacking any of the high-profile individuals at NASA.  Of course by making the claims that they do, and by going after NASA, they are by extension attacking the astronauts and all the people who were part of Apollo.  When we point that fact out, the HB will often start backpedaling.  They’ll sometimes say something like the astronauts were forced into it, or they we just doing what their country asked of them, etc.  I guess some HBs just don’t have the guts to put a name and a face to the people they are calling criminals.  Instead they blame the namely and faceless “powers that be”.

I love the notion of Apollo defenders being "Paid" shills, does anyone know who coined the phrase? Some take this invention to the point of even quoting our pay scale. :D :D

PS:- My Cheque was light this month, am I not putting in enough hours?? :)
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »
At least you got a check.   :D
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 03:10:25 PM »
More seriously, and from a more cynical perspective, it's easier to gain audience sympathy if you simply blame the faceless They and Them. Saying that humble, soft spoken gentlemen was a liar? That's a harder sell.

I remember several years ago an HB was rambling on about how the moon rocks are fake and how the geologists who claimed they are from the moon are liars.  Somebody posted a long list of the geologists who had examined the lunar samples and asked the HB to name the individuals he was calling liars.  My recollection is that the HB quickly changed the subject.