Apollo Discussions > The Hoax Theory

Leaf in Apollo 14 liftoff 16mm?

<< < (2/3) > >>

apollo16uvc:
Should I make a response video, or is that the trap they want me to fall into? Does it give them the validation they don't deserve?

onebigmonkey:

--- Quote from: JayUtah on January 20, 2021, 03:35:44 PM ---I'm with onebigmonkey on this one.  Packaging from the MESA, maybe.

--- End quote ---

Or possibly the S-Band cover, which is in place on top of the MET station here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/21657506586/in/album-72157656723857913/

in a photo taken after the one I posted earlier and is between EVAs.

apollo16uvc:
I'll see if I can get 1080p files of the scans and post the relevant frames here, without interpolation.

Those in my video were sourced from 720p files.

molesworth:

--- Quote from: apollo16uvc on January 20, 2021, 01:54:23 PM ---Apparently, the liftoff of Apollo 14 has a leaf blowing away from the rocket exhaust.

--- End quote ---

So they're almost literally clutching at straws now... ;)  (I'll get my coat)

onebigmonkey:
Almost certainly the S-Band cover - this in the ALSJ:

--- Quote ---118:15:38 Mitchell: (Don't) take the MESA with you. (Long Pause)

[Mitchell - "He must have stumbled or momentarily lost his balance. I don't see that in the TV."]
[Al makes his way around the ladder to the south side of the spacecraft to get the S-Band antenna cover.]

118:15:56 Shepard: How's our buddy the redhead (CMP Stu Roosa) doing, Houston? (Pause)
118:16:08 Mitchell: I don't think they heard you.

[Al re-appears behind the ladder, taking the S-Band cover to the MET.]
--- End quote ---

Here are the two compared:

That cover is then removed for EVA-2 and placed somewhere around the LM. It re-appears in shot when blown by the exhaust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version