Author Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 832007 times)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #585 on: January 03, 2013, 03:22:35 AM »
Heiwa:

Do you agree that you have the fuel wrong (Aerozine-50, not hydrazine as you said)? Do you acknowledge that you have the LM fuel loading wrong? Do you care in fact to address any of the questions without just repeating your incorrect assertions about kinetic energy?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #586 on: January 03, 2013, 03:53:54 AM »
For all the response we're getting, Heiwa could have been replaced by a bot ten pages ago.

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
« Reply #587 on: January 03, 2013, 04:04:44 AM »
He has modified his page again. Nothing major. Seems to be solidifying his incredulity about the "steering" during the braking maneuver. (Why only then?)

Offline Philthy

• Venus
« Reply #588 on: January 03, 2013, 04:05:10 AM »
Just to butt in here.......

Heiwa, are you under the delusion that the rocket fired all the way to the moon?

Phil
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #589 on: January 03, 2013, 04:09:48 AM »
That seems to be about the only delusion he is not labouring under at the moment.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #590 on: January 03, 2013, 04:20:08 AM »
Heiwa:
I'm trying to find some background on your organisation in order to see the likelihood of there actually been a load of money available.

Heiwa Corporation is listed as a Japanese company. Can you please clarify to status of Heiwa Co?

The registered address is listed as a residential address in Beausoleil, which also appears to be your private residential address. Can you please clarify if you have commercial offices?

I am trying to find information on the "European Agency for Safety at Sea". Your website is hosted at Tripod.com which doesn't appear to be the best host for a serious concern?

Searching the EU website for the "European Agency for Safety at Sea" doesn't draw any obvious results. Nor can I find any listing on the European Maritime Safety website.

Your use  of the European union symbol and the use of "European Agency" on your Tripod.com would appear to imply some authority and linkup with the EU. Can you please clarify your authority to use the EU symbol?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #591 on: January 03, 2013, 04:30:57 AM »
While we're at it, perhaps Heiwa can provide some testimonials of people or companies he has served as consultant for. His website appears to be no more than a load of pages about how every major accident has been some sort of fraud and could not have happened the way it was described, with a picture of a person I assume to be Heiwa mimicking the pose of Moses in front of a depiction of Moses being given the ten commandments by God! It is certainly not the kind of website I would want to see if I was searching for a genuine safety consultant.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:33:34 AM by Jason Thompson »

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #592 on: January 03, 2013, 04:48:51 AM »
His website appears to be no more than a load of pages about how every major accident has been some sort of fraud and could not have happened the way it was described, with a picture of a person I assume to be Heiwa mimicking the pose of Moses in front of a depiction of Moses being given the ten commandments by God!
It's starting to sound like he is no more competent at marine engineering than he is at spacecraft engineering.

I am by no means a marine safety consultant (or a marine engineer) but I have read a few reports of shipping accidents. My interest was originally sparked by a container ship running aground not far from here some years ago. But my favorite so far is the container ship that ran aground on Australia's Great Barrier Reef because -- get this -- the bridge officer on duty was talking on his cell phone! If you tried to make this stuff up, no one would believe you.

I notice a common thread in many transportation accidents of almost every kind - spacecraft, shipping, pipeline, railroad, aviation, etc: The failure mechanism didn't occur to anyone ahead of time, but it became very obvious to everyone afterwards. (I leave cars and trucks off the list. Road accidents are extremely common because their main causes, despite being well known, are rarely fixed. Causes of accidents in those other forms of transportation generally do get fixed.)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #593 on: January 03, 2013, 04:49:08 AM »
My personal theory is that they dropped a house on his mother.
That is one of the funniest comebacks I have ever read. Is it original with you? I want to give proper credit.
Hmmm... I think that specific phrasing is; it just seemed to fit. Wizard of Oz reference, o' course.

I've just thrown away an hour or two browsing this guy's website. Along with the most severe case of Dunning-Kruger since Ralph Rene, he seems to be locked into whatever the opposite of Argument From Authority is. He purports to doubt - and in his own mind, disprove - any item endorsed by qualified experts.

"Critical mass", for example, is a fallacy:

Only fools like Mr. R Oppenheimer and badly informed people like most politicians believe that uranium-235 metal in mechanical contact with uranium-235 metal in the shape of target rings or projectile rings ... or any metal in mechancial contact with itself - will produce ... an atomic explosion: that 4x1026 or 6x1024 metal U-235 nuclei in some uranium-235 (U-235) target rings or projectile rings fission exponentially in nanoseconds into fragments and release energy is just fantasy, I am happy to inform! It was a fizzle.

It is physically impossible for a tower (WTC) to collapse from the top down regardless of damage.

"In order to fool the public the US terrorists asked Hollywood to produce a movie showing the WTC towers being stricken by planes and collapsing (sic) from top down, etc, that the terrorists then broadcasted 'live on TV' assisted by US media, when the WTC- complex was destroyed from bottom up. As the rubble would reveal how the towers really were destroyed (from bottom up) the area was fenced off and false pictures also of the rubble were published."

He doesn't mention all the people in NYC who actually witnessed the event. He does have a tendency to ignore inconvenient facts.

He disbelieves the official reports on pretty much every  maritime disaster, all the way back to " RMS Titanic (or was it the already damaged RMS Olympic as part of an insurance fraud?)

There was also an item which may explain some of his animosity for the US, at least; evidently he holds part of a patent on a "safer" design for supertankers called the Coulombi Egg. The design has been approved by the International Maritime Organization, but the USCG has prohibited any ships with this design from entering any US ports, whixch essentially means that no shipping company is going to buy one.

And to any who object to this as off-topic, I would respond: "Goes to the credibility of the witness, Your Honor."

"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #594 on: January 03, 2013, 04:52:52 AM »
ka9q wins the Educator of the Thread prize ("threaducator"?).  Very lucid explanation.
And he's in good company - this has been an extraordinarily educational thread for up non-engineer types.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #595 on: January 03, 2013, 04:58:58 AM »

Only fools like Mr. R Oppenheimer and badly informed people like most politicians believe that uranium-235 metal in mechanical contact with uranium-235 metal in the shape of target rings or projectile rings ... or any metal in mechancial contact with itself - will produce ... an atomic explosion: that 4x1026 or 6x1024 metal U-235 nuclei in some uranium-235 (U-235) target rings or projectile rings fission exponentially in nanoseconds into fragments and release energy is just fantasy, I am happy to inform! It was a fizzle.

I'd like to see the qualifications of anyone that questions the intellect of Oppie. He was a lot of things, but a "fool" and "badly informed" [about nuclear physics] could never be applied to him.

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #596 on: January 03, 2013, 04:59:06 AM »
Yeah, so....detente was a myth?  The Cuban Missile Crisis, the Missile Gap, all of that?  Because it is hard to see how an ICBM would be much of a threat if heat shields and terminal guidance were impossible fictions...
See my post above - there's no such thing as a fission or fission/fusion explosion, so all that stuff was a giant hoax.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #597 on: January 03, 2013, 05:00:54 AM »
I'm having a quick browse online.

Heiwa believes that you "publish" scientific research merely by putting it on your own website.  Dunning-Kruger indeed.

His abuse of the Unuversity of Strathclyde is appalling.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #598 on: January 03, 2013, 05:03:16 AM »
This bit from his site about nuclear weapons is particularly hilarious:
Uranium-235 (U-235) is a metal like iron that can be shaped into target rings and projectile rings. Imagine drilling a dia 1" hole in a target ring. Aren't you worried it will EXPLODE?
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #599 on: January 03, 2013, 05:09:56 AM »
See my post above - there's no such thing as a fission or fission/fusion explosion, so all that stuff was a giant hoax.
I'm speechless.

I guess there were no victims or survivors of Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

I guess there were no victims of the many criticality accidents in the USA, Russia, Japan, etc, like Harry Daghlian and Louis Slotin.

I guess nuclear power has never produced electricity or driven a ship or submarine.

I guess there never were 1500+ test nuclear explosions around the world.

I guess the Chernobyl and Fukushima nuclear accidents never happened. All those short-lived radioactive substances in the environment that could only be produced as fission products? Never existed.