Author Topic: Brilliant debunk video of hoax claims - HBs take note (if you can)  (Read 87994 times)

Offline Mag40

• Mars
Re: Brilliant debunk video of hoax claims - HBs take note (if you can)
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 07:27:43 PM »
There's a video on youtube where they take the mythbusters video with an astronaut jumping using a wire harness, and they slow it down 67%, and it matches up perfectly with a NASA video of an astronaut doing the same thing on the moon... which proves that it's easy to make a video that looks like you're on the moon using slow motion and a wire suspension.  However, it doesn't PROVE that we didn't go to the moon, it only proves that the mythbusters are full of shit.

Wrong. It proves that Jarrah White will move the goalposts to attempt to make his theory fit the visual record. He basically takes a 2 second clip that he can roughly get to synch in with John Young's jump.....but fails to apply that to the entire EVA. There is a very salient part of mythbusters that he did not, and could not address. When Adam Savage moved under wire support, every time he moved forward, the wire dragged him backwards......resulting in a very jerky motion. I believe it is to do with his centre of gravity. Nowhere in any of the Apollo video record do we see any jerky motion....unavoidable with a wire support.

A bigger problem with the moon video is where the thing takes off from the moon and the camera follows it up.  The problem is not that it couldn't be controlled from earth.  The problem is saying it was controlled from earth, like that's the answer.  I hope NASA didn't say that.  The problem is that it would not have been controlled from earth.  But the video is fake for another reason.

Very poor research. Ed Fendell simply delayed each of his commands aligned to an exactly timed launch, with a 2 second delay to account for the light speed, relay station and equipment response time.

The reason I say no, the next step isn't proving it's slow motion, is because NASA made sure that can't happen by saying they no longer have the original video or telemetry tapes.  Kinda like the "dog ate my homework" defense.

If they were faked in the first place! Why admit it, and why not simply reproduce a set? Besides it was only on Apollo 11, they were overwritten......not lost. 

If NASA wanted to make the hoax accusations go away, they'd provide the telemetry tapes and that would solve it once and for all.

Then knock yourself out, Apollo 12-17 are fully intact.

I want to see the IMU data.  They can't provide it because they don't have it.

Please indicate what you would do with it.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
A bigger problem with the moon video is where the thing takes off from the moon and the camera follows it up.  The problem is not that it couldn't be controlled from earth.

Why not? Please explain.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
Yes please do explain. I thought pages 187 thru 200 of "Live TV From the Moon" explained it so that even a layman would get it. What, having had those pages proofread by someone who doesn't speak english as a mother tongue.

Oh and I hope you realize just who you are taking on here with Apollo/NASA TV discussions...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:50:53 PM by dwight »
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 07:48:50 PM »
Also, something that some of the fine folk here may not know is that each and every GCTA command which was uplinked to the LM/LRV was printed out at the tracking stations when received.

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
There's a video on youtube where they take the mythbusters video with an astronaut jumping using a wire harness, and they slow it down 67%, and it matches up perfectly with a NASA video of an astronaut doing the same thing on the moon...

How did you come to this conclusion and what did you do to quantify a "perfect" match?

I looked at it.

The reason I say no, the next step isn't proving it's slow motion, is because NASA made sure that can't happen by saying they no longer have the original video or telemetry tapes.
What specific information is missing and since you haven't seen it how have you determined that it would be helpful?

That would be the LEM IMU update using a theodolite and a survey point to convert to lunar units.  The LEM doesn't know where it is or what it's alignment is on the moon, not the least of which was caused by Armstrong's manual landing of the vehicle.  The big problem is that there's no survey marker because somebody would need to have been to the moon previously to put it there.  Saturn 5 had a glass window with a poro prism so you could see the IMU and the center of inertial reference and tell the guidance computer where the IMU is located in geodetic earth coordinates (to 5 decimal places.)  It takes a guy on the pad with a theodolite and a plumb bob.  They do this repeatedly up to the moment of launch.  When lifting off from the moon, both the LEM and the CM would need to be running on moon coordinates so that the CM (moving much faster than a speeding bullet) could tell the LEM it's coordinates and velocity (state vector).  And the LEM would need moon coordinates to know how to maneuver for rendezvous using it's known position and alignment on the moon, and calculating the intercept point in moon coordinates.   There's no way around it.  They would not have been able to do an IMU alignment on the moon.

Some rockets still use the theodolite system prior to launch.

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »
Yes please do explain. I thought pages 187 thru 200 of "Live TV From the Moon" explained it so that even a layman would get it. What, having had those pages proofread by someone who doesn't speak english as a mother tongue.

Oh and I hope you realize just who you are taking on here with Apollo/NASA TV discussions...

I've got 30 years in aerospace.  I've worked at VAFB and KSC.  I'll be fine.  Maybe they will convince me and I'll sleep better.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 08:38:01 PM »
I've got 30 years in aerospace.  I've worked at VAFB and KSC.

In what capacity?

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »
Whew, those socks are starting to reek!

Welcome back, fattydash. Enjoy your stay while it lasts.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »

In what capacity?

Engineer.  I worked on space station guidance and control, too.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 08:45:58 PM »
If anyone is open-minded enough (not likely around here).

Interesting that you would say something like this in your very first post...Been lurking long, or are you just a sock?

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »

In what capacity?

Engineer.  I worked on space station guidance and control, too.

Prove it.

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »
Whew, those socks are starting to reek!

Welcome back, fattydash. Enjoy your stay while it lasts.

Without people like me, you've got nothing to talk about.  Where'd you come up with "fattydash?"  Something out of your 18th century dictionary?

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 08:58:11 PM »
Without sock puppets we have nothing to talk about??

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »
So, sanchez...you are an engineer, yet you fail to comprehend how the rover TV was operated?

Rather insulting that you think we're that stupid.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »

I've got 30 years in aerospace.  I've worked at VAFB and KSC.  I'll be fine.  Maybe they will convince me and I'll sleep better.

You must have missed the circa 200 memos explaining how the GCTA worked during your important tenure at KSC. Perhaps you were the gardener there?