Author Topic: Brilliant debunk video of hoax claims - HBs take note (if you can)  (Read 90686 times)

Offline Mag40

• Mars
Re: Brilliant debunk video of hoax claims - HBs take note (if you can)
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »
This is a new video which does an amazing job of explaining why the TV technology of the day was not up to faking a moon trip:

http://gizmodo.com/5977205/why-the-moon-landings-could-have-never-ever-been-faked-the-definitive-proof

Enjoy!

Devils advocate : What's to stop them videoing at normal speed and videoing the slowed playback on a good quality screen?

Obviously this doesn't solve the regolith and limb movement being out of balance with the vertical stuff etc. I suspect that the colour wheel artefacts would now look totally wrong, but would appreciate a more technical reason, as moonhoax believers may well argue this point.

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 02:55:39 PM »
Okay, I took note.  I also took notes.  Great video.  Very clever.  But he's not debunking anything.  I say the guy is actually a HB and he suckered you people into watching his video by making you assume he's an anti-hoax advocate!!!  (Yes, everything is a conspiracy.)  If anyone is open-minded enough (not likely around here) to watch the video with that premise in mind, you'll get a completely different narrative.   Try watching the video with the subtitle of "how the moon landing video was faked using a telecine."  Most people wouldn't know what a telecine is.  His whole point is to tell you how to use it to fake a moon landing.

Throughout the video he uses phrases like "I don't think so," and "I'm pretty sure..." and "I'm not totally sure."  Clearly, he's not sure of anything.   Or maybe he is?   

"The U.S. government lies all the time about all kinds of things.  If they haven't lied to you today, maybe they haven't had their coffee yet."  Note that he's absolutely sure here.

"Did they fake going to the moon?  No, I'm pretty sure they didn't, because they couldn't."

If they couldn't, why isn't he absolutely sure?  That's a self-conflicting statement, and likely intentional, given his overall poise and demeanor.  Remember, he just said the government lies to us all the time.  He's telling you NASA lied!!!

The reason for that self-conflicting statement is because he knows exactly how they could have faked it, and thus the reason for the video.  He goes on to tell you how they faked it, and he clearly knows what he's talking about.  He says they would have had to use film, recorded at higher speed, then slowed down and converted to video using a telecine.  The guy knows his stuff.

"If it wasn't slow motion, it couldn't have happened on earth, RIGHT?"   He uses caps on this text display, "RIGHT?"  Using caps here with a question mark indicates he's being sarcastic.  Therefore, removing the sarcasm, you get, conversely, "if it was slow motion, then it all had to be done on earth."

"They did not have the technology to fake it on video."

I agree.  They would have had to use film, then convert it to video.

I humbly await the onslaught of ad hominems.

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 03:02:30 PM »
Okay, I took note.  I also took notes.  Great video.  Very clever.  But he's not debunking anything.  I say the guy is actually a HB and he suckered you people into watching his video by making you assume he's an anti-hoax advocate!!! 

Did you actually watch the video or just imagine what might be like?

"If it wasn't slow motion, it couldn't have happened on earth, RIGHT?"   He uses caps on this text display, "RIGHT?"  Using caps here with a question mark indicates he's being sarcastic. 

The use of a question mark indicates that he is asking a question.

They would have had to use film, then convert it to video.

He explains why they wouldn't use film in the video at 8:35 and onwards, if you've watched it you'd know.

There won't be because your appraisal is wrong.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:13:32 PM by Inanimate Carbon Rod »
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »
Most people wouldn't know what a telecine is.

I do. It couldn't be faked using one.

They would have had to use film, then convert it to video.

Which would leave obvious artifacts. It wasn't done that way.

Film and video record their images in different ways, and play them back in different ways. That's true even without taking into account the different nature of the Apollo video from 'regular' video. Combining them leaves clear evidence of that combining. Evidence that is not present in the Apollo record.

Not an auspicious start.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »
  If anyone is open-minded enough (not likely around here)

The irony......
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Valis

• Venus
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »
"If it wasn't slow motion, it couldn't have happened on earth, RIGHT?"   He uses caps on this text display, "RIGHT?"  Using caps here with a question mark indicates he's being sarcastic.  Therefore, removing the sarcasm, you get, conversely, "if it was slow motion, then it all had to be done on earth."
This is not correct logic. Reversing the original statement would be "if it was slow motion, it could have been done on earth". "Could have" doesn't reverse into "had to be".

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 03:21:39 PM »

Do you think the moon missions or their visual record was hoaxed? Perhaps an interesting discussion. Or are we taking differences in interpretation of the video. A boring subject. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 04:44:17 PM »
I smell socks.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 05:44:27 PM »
This is not correct logic. Reversing the original statement would be "if it was slow motion, it could have been done on earth". "Could have" doesn't reverse into "had to be".

Fair enough.  However, I can say "if it WAS slow motion, it couldn't have happened on the moon," (since being on the moon would negate the need for slow motion.)

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »
So the next step is to prove that it was slow motion, isn't it?
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 06:52:43 PM »
Okay, I took note.  I also took notes.  Great video.  Very clever.  But he's not debunking anything.  I say the guy is actually a HB and he suckered you people into watching his video by making you assume he's an anti-hoax advocate!!!  (Yes, everything is a conspiracy.)  If anyone is open-minded enough (not likely around here) to watch the video with that premise in mind, you'll get a completely different narrative.   Try watching the video with the subtitle of "how the moon landing video was faked using a telecine."  Most people wouldn't know what a telecine is.  His whole point is to tell you how to use it to fake a moon landing.

Throughout the video he uses phrases like "I don't think so," and "I'm pretty sure..." and "I'm not totally sure."  Clearly, he's not sure of anything.   Or maybe he is?   

"The U.S. government lies all the time about all kinds of things.  If they haven't lied to you today, maybe they haven't had their coffee yet."  Note that he's absolutely sure here.

"Did they fake going to the moon?  No, I'm pretty sure they didn't, because they couldn't."

If they couldn't, why isn't he absolutely sure?  That's a self-conflicting statement, and likely intentional, given his overall poise and demeanor.  Remember, he just said the government lies to us all the time.  He's telling you NASA lied!!!

The reason for that self-conflicting statement is because he knows exactly how they could have faked it, and thus the reason for the video.  He goes on to tell you how they faked it, and he clearly knows what he's talking about.  He says they would have had to use film, recorded at higher speed, then slowed down and converted to video using a telecine.  The guy knows his stuff.

"They did not have the technology to fake it on video."

Actually I contacted JS and he is most definitely convinced Apollo happened as advertised. Anyone with a minimal understanding of film/TV production techniues will know exactly that is his position. But then again, what would I know about the Apollo TV systems?
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline alexsanchez

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »
So the next step is to prove that it was slow motion, isn't it?

Yes and no.  Good question, btw.  There's a video on youtube where they take the mythbusters video with an astronaut jumping using a wire harness, and they slow it down 67%, and it matches up perfectly with a NASA video of an astronaut doing the same thing on the moon... which proves that it's easy to make a video that looks like you're on the moon using slow motion and a wire suspension.  However, it doesn't PROVE that we didn't go to the moon, it only proves that the mythbusters are full of shit.

A bigger problem with the moon video is where the thing takes off from the moon and the camera follows it up.  The problem is not that it couldn't be controlled from earth.  The problem is saying it was controlled from earth, like that's the answer.  I hope NASA didn't say that.  The problem is that it would not have been controlled from earth.  But the video is fake for another reason.

The reason I say no, the next step isn't proving it's slow motion, is because NASA made sure that can't happen by saying they no longer have the original video or telemetry tapes.  Kinda like the "dog ate my homework" defense. 

The proof is not in analyzing what NASA has provided, it's in what they haven't provided, and what they can't provide.  If NASA wanted to make the hoax accusations go away, they'd provide the telemetry tapes and that would solve it once and for all.  But it's not the video that I'd be interested in because they could hand me a tape with fake video on it.  It has to do the the thing taking off from the moon and where it's going.  I want to see the IMU data.  They can't provide it because they don't have it.

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
The only tapes that were lost were from Apollo 11. All the other mission tapes,  including the LM liftoff tapes made by the Lunar Rover, still exist.

A little bit of research by anyone interested in Apollo video would uncover that fact.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »
There's a video on youtube where they take the mythbusters video with an astronaut jumping using a wire harness, and they slow it down 67%, and it matches up perfectly with a NASA video of an astronaut doing the same thing on the moon...

How did you come to this conclusion and what did you do to quantify a "perfect" match?

The reason I say no, the next step isn't proving it's slow motion, is because NASA made sure that can't happen by saying they no longer have the original video or telemetry tapes.
What specific information is missing and since you haven't seen it how have you determined that it would be helpful?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 07:11:51 PM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 07:12:52 PM »
A bigger problem with the moon video is where the thing takes off from the moon and the camera follows it up.  The problem is not that it couldn't be controlled from earth.  The problem is saying it was controlled from earth, like that's the answer.  I hope NASA didn't say that.  The problem is that it would not have been controlled from earth.  But the video is fake for another reason.

Why is it a problem it was controlled from earth? Why shouldn't it be controlled from earth? Do you consider that impossible, and if yes, please provide proof to support that argument.

A clear answer with no handwaving would be appreciated.
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.