Author Topic: Lunar Reconnaisance Orbiter  (Read 19170 times)

Offline Edwardwb1001

• Venus
  • BANNED
Re: Lunar Reconnaisance Orbiter
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 11:12:15 AM »
Actually, Andromeda, I'm fully aware that all you really are is a 'home executive'. You might have fooled others into thinking that you have some or other qualification, but you gave it away a while back when you said you were off to 'darn some socks'. But you insult me. I'm not a troll - more of an ogre, in fact.

Incidentally the fact that you can make the comment 'I am much, much smarter than you', not only indicates your unjustified, inflated opinion of yourself, but also your inherent inferiority complex.     

Offline Edwardwb1001

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »
No, RAF, I didn't mean that. You are obviously not very 'smart' either. I meant that they are not particularly clever, astute, intelligent, etc.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
I'm not a troll - more of an ogre, in fact.

No...actually you behave more like a donkey who is braying irrationally...

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »
Actually, Andromeda, I'm fully aware that all you really are is a 'home executive'. You might have fooled others into thinking that you have some or other qualification, but you gave it away a while back when you said you were off to 'darn some socks'.

So either you missed my implication that you are a sockpuppet, or you believe that a woman with multiple physics and astrophysics degrees is incapable of performing some domestic tasks?  Nice combination there, bro.

But you insult me. I'm not a troll - more of an ogre, in fact.

Nope, you're just a troll.

Incidentally the fact that you can make the comment 'I am much, much smarter than you', not only indicates your unjustified, inflated opinion of yourself, but also your inherent inferiority complex.   

Ooh, armchair psychology from someone who doesn't know the first thing about it.  I'm so scaaaaaaaared.   ::)
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »
No, RAF, I didn't mean that. You are obviously not very 'smart' either. I meant that they are not paricularly clever, astute, intelligent, etc.

Is this your "strategy"?...insult as many as possible, then get yourself banned?

Actually, that sounds pretty good...keep it up and we can have you out of here by the end of the day...:D

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »
I wonder if Edward thinks we haven't seen this strategy used by Deniers again and again and again....?
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2012, 11:33:46 AM »
I'm surprised that no members have twigged on why I've asked for the exact resolution capabilities of the LRO. Not so smart after all it seems...Nevermind, I'm sure I'll get my 'marching orders' (as suggested by a particular member) before I actually get around to coming to the point of my question - and you all know how long THAT might take! Of course, I only keep members waiting because I derive tremendous satisfaction from the attention obtained therefrom.

It would be difficult and unproductive to guess.  You could be heading almost anywhere in attempt of achieving a lame "gotcha" based only on your own incomplete understanding.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2012, 11:35:36 AM »
Actually, Andromeda, I'm fully aware that all you really are is a 'home executive'.

Defend that statement or withdraw it. I can assure you Andromeda IS what she says she is on this board. I should know. Exactly what are your qualifications, if you're going to disparage others'?

You might have fooled others into thinking that you have some or other qualification,

If there is one person on this board Andromeda could categorically NOT fool about her qualifications it is me. Who do you think you are to dismiss her like this?

but you gave it away a while back when you said you were off to 'darn some socks'.

So academic qualifications preclude the ability to do domestic tasks? I just hung up some laundry and did the washing up. Do you believe I am therefore not qualified?

But you insult me. I'm not a troll - more of an ogre, in fact.

Ha! Ogres are figures of fear and terror. I have a fluffy white rabbit who's scared of everything at the moment who is more frightening to me than you are.

She is much smarter than you. I should know.

The only person with an inflated opinion of himself on this board is you. Get over yourself and grow up.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 11:42:42 AM »
Rah rah!

Offline Edwardwb1001

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 12:01:54 PM »
Scared, Andromeda? Why would you be scared? Rah Rah? No doubt a high-school cheer-leader a few years ago. Says a lot.

Insult as many as possible, RAF?  Not that there were many insults directed at me, of course. Just goes to show. Even when persons
have (allegedly) strings of qualifications, it doesn't prevent them from behaving like foolish teenagers, that is, resorting to endless sarcasm and name-calling. This, I have noticed however, is the usual behaviour of Apollo moon-landing believers.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 12:06:50 PM »
Once you have admitted to being a troll, with no purpose other than to wind us up, why should we not pour all the sarcasm and scorn we have on you? You Have certainly earned it.

And no, Andromeda was never a cheerleader either. You really have no idea what you are talking about. You couldn't be further off the mark with your assessment of the people you are dealing with here.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 12:12:18 PM »
Scared, Andromeda? Why would you be scared? Rah Rah? No doubt a high-school cheer-leader a few years ago. Says a lot.

I was being sarcastic.  Also, in my country we don't have "cheerleaders".  Interesting assumptions you keep making about me.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »
"Scared"?
No, I believe she is just expressing disgust, if that, at a self admitted troll.
While I do see some Apollo Nutters behave the way you describe, after all this is the Internet, I have only encountered politeness and courtesy here and most other places.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 12:17:47 PM »
I reckon that the ban-clock is ticking.

Edward....stop being obnoxious please. It's growing very tedious.

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »
I'm surprised that no members have twigged on why I've asked for the exact resolution capabilities of the LRO. Not so smart after all it seems...

Insult noted.

Of course, I only keep members waiting because I derive tremendous satisfaction from the attention obtained therefrom.

Admission of trolling.

Actually, Andromeda, I'm fully aware that all you really are is a 'home executive'. You might have fooled others into thinking that you have some or other qualification, but you gave it away a while back when you said you were off to 'darn some socks'.

Another insult. Strike three, you're outta here!

Bye bye, troll.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)