Author Topic: "Titan" submersible transcript  (Read 4898 times)

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
"Titan" submersible transcript
« on: July 07, 2023, 01:26:48 AM »
There's a transcript of some text messages which may or may not have been sent between the unfortunate submersible and the support vessel. Apparently the submersible was initially sinking at about 37 m/minute average, late in the dive accelerated to 45 meters/minute, instead of the expected 25 m/minute. I am wondering if (IF this transcript is legit) the submersible either had attached too much weight/ballast OR some of its bouyancy devices were compromised. Apparently the submersible dropped all the weight it could, including the landing frame and only acheived an ascent of about 5 meters/minute.

Anybody able to look at the math? I don't know anything about the math needed for calculating drag/velocity in water. How much bouyancy was lost to cause this?

Again: I don't know if that transcript is genuine or bogus.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Re: "Titan" submersible transcript
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2023, 04:52:22 PM »
It appears the transcript is fake. Comparing it to a real communication transcript, which uses 1, 2 or 3 letter message shorthand, the very verbose transcript doesn't hold up.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.