Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 616051 times)

Offline Ranb

• Mars
Re: Radiation
« Reply #3120 on: May 10, 2018, 03:31:15 PM »
It seems the mod thought I was a sock of Hesenberg.  I'm not sure how socks are expected to act, but I opposed nearly everything Hesenberg said on the Straight Dope Forum.

Unfortunately I burned that bridge as the next day I registered with a new e-mail/name, posted a few times then asked a mod about the deleted thread.  This resulted in another ban for being a sock of a banned member.  I suppose they checked the IP address.

Ranb

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #3121 on: May 10, 2018, 04:18:08 PM »
It seems the mod thought I was a sock of Hesenberg.  I'm not sure how socks are expected to act, but I opposed nearly everything Hesenberg said on the Straight Dope Forum.

You expect me to believe that two people brought their argument to a new forum and were mistaken for sock puppets even though they were on opposing sides? That can't possibly happen. Obviously the only explanation is that you really are Tim Finch, right Abaddon?

I'm kidding, of course. I just wanted to point out that this is exactly what Abaddon would have had me do to Ben Parry. It's why we should not make any assumptions about the motives of people who are new to the forum.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3122 on: May 10, 2018, 06:05:07 PM »
LO, do you have a Db of IP addresses?  Or just do an eyeball of them?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #3123 on: May 11, 2018, 03:54:08 AM »

You expect me to believe that two people brought their argument to a new forum and were mistaken for sock puppets even though they were on opposing sides? That can't possibly happen. Obviously the only explanation is that you really are Tim Finch, right Abaddon?

I'm kidding, of course. I just wanted to point out that this is exactly what Abaddon would have had me do to Ben Parry. It's why we should not make any assumptions about the motives of people who are new to the forum.

all water under the bridge. Abaddon very kindly posted a video of lunar legacy which i'm going to watch in full this weekend. I've blocked Tim on messenger so i havent heard from him since.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #3124 on: May 11, 2018, 03:22:54 PM »

Once banned, is there any sort of appeal with forums? LO, if a member is banned, can they contact you to appeal and overturn the ban if there is a genuine mistake? Please answer that question or I will ask the moderator to step in.  ;D
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #3125 on: May 11, 2018, 05:47:09 PM »

all water under the bridge. Abaddon very kindly posted a video of lunar legacy which i'm going to watch in full this weekend. I've blocked Tim on messenger so i havent heard from him since.
I wasn't sure if you had seen parts 4 and 5. The whole thing was split into chunks originally because of youtube size rules at the time. I have no clue if there was something which provoked svector to reassemble it and publish it again.

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #3126 on: May 12, 2018, 03:02:07 AM »
I was reading the thread RanB posted on as a guest and then all of a sudden I couldn't access the thread at all. Found that a bit weird

Peter
Did you notice any black helicopters while this was happening?