Author Topic: YouTube Hoax Believer - Lift the Veil  (Read 7326 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
YouTube Hoax Believer - Lift the Veil
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:11:54 AM »
...Last night I followed a link in another thread here to an HB on YouTube and found it really hard (read "painful") to listen to the guy, whose video was almost pointless. With a little more thought it could have been audio only. Well, at least the part I saw.

Then I made the mistake of clicking on the video of another guy I'd never heard of.  He was talking about inconsistencies in the tyres on the rover in various videos, and I think in one case he might have been confusing the mesh lunar tyres with pneumatic ones in simulations on earth, but he certainly couldn't figure that a dark background could make the mesh tyre look solid. (Drat! Where's the raised eyebrows or the facepalm emoticon?)

His video was also so tedious and painful that I thought few viewers would bother closely following the guy.  Poor presentation certainly doesn't help and nor does pointing out non-existing "anomalies" in photos or videos to people who know better.  Short, sweet and to-the-point is much better.

Got any YT links?  I don't recognize the second video other than expattaffy1 put a video together concerning the rover tires.  He was clueless  along with myopic and delusional. Joan Evans had a nice rebuttal if that is the one.

Here ya go, the latest lunar tyre expert:
"Moon Buggy Debunked | Those Tires Ain't Right" -- 0:10:24

This guy has given himself the grand-sounding moniker of - wait for it - Lift the Veil. He's a little less hard to listen to than expattaffy1 and has much to say, but doesn't say much, if you know what I mean. :)

At 04:44, after showing us the Apollo 16 Grand Prix, he shows a rover and LM being used in one of those indoor training exercises we've seen many times, wherever they were done at the time, possibly Houston. This is a set-up I've not noticed before, and can't tell whether or not the tyres are pneumatic, but they do have the metal treads that the lunar tyres had, and I can't really imagine them using those for training -- but maybe they did.

He has another video,
Moon Landing Hoax | Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers -- 0:30:28

In this one, he proves to his own mind that the Lunar Rover is actually a Jeep, or something like that. It hurts too much for me to pay close attention to him. He doesn't want to be corrected, so has disabled comments.

And another,
Moon Landing Hoax | It's the Shadows, Dummy  -- 0:18:43

And I'm definitely not keen to watch or listen to anything he says about shadows and photography if his knowledge of those subjects is as poor as his knowledge of other aspects of Apollo. The most fascinating part, to me, is how quickly his cat goes to sleep at 02:05, possibly from sheer boredom. Good luck and best wishes to those who are keen to follow him. Into the fray, lads and ladesses!
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: YouTube Hoax Believer - Lift the Veil
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:12:05 AM »

Here ya go, the latest lunar tyre expert:
"Moon Buggy Debunked | Those Tires Ain't Right" -- 0:10:24

This guy has given himself the grand-sounding moniker of - wait for it - Lift the Veil. He's a little less hard to listen to than expattaffy1 and has much to say, but doesn't say much, if you know what I mean. :)

I love this: "Comments are disabled for this video. "  He is do sure of himself that he prevents any attempt to debunk the nonsense.

At 04:44, after showing us the Apollo 16 Grand Prix, he shows a rover and LM being used in one of those indoor training exercises we've seen many times, wherever they were done at the time, possibly Houston. This is a set-up I've not noticed before, and can't tell whether or not the tyres are pneumatic, but they do have the metal treads that the lunar tyres had, and I can't really imagine them using those for training -- but maybe they did.

If the rest of them have the same comment suspension, I'll browse, but not watch the whole video.  I did notice him making a big deal of the high gain antenna shadow changing directions.  Well duh, if you drive over terrain that is changing, then the orientation of the shadow will change.
Thanks forf the links, he is better to listen that expattaffy1.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 11:56:01 AM »
To be fair, I never allow comments on any of the youtube videos I've done (such as they are) - I refuse to allow my youtube account to be polluted by morons. They probably have the same idea :D

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 01:09:25 PM »
To be fair, I never allow comments on any of the youtube videos I've done (such as they are) - I refuse to allow my youtube account to be polluted by morons. They probably have the same idea :D
I can't disagree with your beliefs, but this is a censorship of other ideas, whether or not those idea have any scientific merit.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 03:40:24 AM »
I can't disagree with your beliefs, but this is a censorship of other ideas, whether or not those idea have any scientific merit.

No it's not, it's protection of his own space. YouTube may be a widely accessible site but your own YouTube channel is your own corner of that site and can be managed as you see fit. Many people can access the front wall of my house but I don't allow them to plaster their ideas all over it, and rightly so. Many people can add comments to my Facebook page, but that doesn't mean I have to let them sit there if I disagree or find them offensive or they start attacking me. People can come into my house but I can throw them out if I take issue with their ideas. They're not being censored because they are still free to go somewhere else and shout about it all they want.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 02:28:36 AM »
I think there is a distinction between not allowing comments at all (as on my wall, where my stop motion animation of Apollo image sequences mingles with my holiday videos), and allowing comments but then making sure that any that completely blow your theories out of the water are expunged.

Either invite comment and debate or don't!

As for this character, I watched his first one and it seemed to be entirely based on ignorance of facts. The model being driven around in the test environment clearly has rubber tyres, whereas the one actually fitted to the LM and the one on the lunar surface have the see through mesh tyres.

He also doesn't seem to know who the 'joker' actually is.

He has a nice cat, so that's a plus point for him.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 07:11:55 AM »

I missed this point in the video?
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 08:47:10 AM »

He identifies a figure laughing and smiling, and alludes to him being in on the 'joke' that he claims Apollo is. The figure is James Irwin.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 04:44:25 PM »

He identifies a figure laughing and smiling, and alludes to him being in on the 'joke' that he claims Apollo is. The figure is James Irwin.
Of course he would pick an Apollo astronaut who's been dead for a quarter century...
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 08:23:22 AM »

Of course he would pick an Apollo astronaut who's been dead for a quarter century...
No fear of rebuttal.
Eugene Cernan