Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 471398 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #600 on: August 31, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #601 on: August 31, 2015, 05:01:14 PM »
And were I so inclined, I could shred him on history, too, but since he isn't responding to me, either, why should I bother?

We'd better stop contributing, the threads getting long now, and they mostly respond to Jay... mostly.

Newt?
Yup.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #602 on: August 31, 2015, 05:03:01 PM »
Newt?

You've got it.
Although, with respect to our current protagonist, perhaps a better one would be...

"Game over, man. Game over."

Offline Cat Not Included

• Venus
« Reply #603 on: August 31, 2015, 05:11:30 PM »
Newt?

You've got it.
Although, with respect to our current protagonist, perhaps a better one would be...

I was thinking more "Did IQs drop sharply while I was away?"
The quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" very clearly predates personal computers.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #604 on: August 31, 2015, 05:13:52 PM »
Newt?

You've got it.

I'm still lost, this one zinged over my head.

EDIT: I get it now thanks to Allan.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:15:55 PM by bknight »
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #605 on: August 31, 2015, 05:14:02 PM »
Newt?

You've got it.

"I got better!"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:17:29 PM by raven »

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #606 on: August 31, 2015, 06:13:13 PM »
NASA alleges they've been testing them for more than fifty years.

NASA alleges they test them now.

NASA and others have been seen, by the whole wide world, to have been USING them, in the environment for which they were intended, for the last 50 years or so.

You'd have to be a half-blind wombat not to have seen this. There's been live broadcasts, there's been film, video, stills, and a raft of accounts of their activities from the astronauts concerned.

Which bit of this did you miss?

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #607 on: August 31, 2015, 06:28:45 PM »

NASA and others have been seen, by the whole wide world, to have been USING them, in the environment for which they were intended, for the last 50 years or so.

You'd have to be a half-blind wombat not to have seen this. There's been live broadcasts, there's been film, video, stills, and a raft of accounts of their activities from the astronauts concerned.

Not to mention Russian (which have been in use just as long and more recently Chinese space suits.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #608 on: August 31, 2015, 06:32:22 PM »

Not to mention Russian (which have been in use just as long and more recently Chinese space suits.
The Orlan is a beautiful piece of engineering, from its easy 'open the back and climb in' entry to its ingenious 'sunroof' porthole in the top of the helmet.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #609 on: August 31, 2015, 06:35:58 PM »

You misunderstand.  When NASA tests sublimators, they don't test them using human subjects.  They don't run all-up EVA tests in vacuum chambers, with the highly trained astronauts, just to validate equipment.

You really have absolutely no clue whatsoever what is involved in engineering test.  How did you manage to get a degree?
Exactly my thoughts, as a fellow engineer, you Jay,  it is too embarrassing to call Neil a fellow engineer.

Heavens, I'm not even an engineer to the level that you guys are (just a former Avionics Engineer) and even I cringe at the thought if calling him an "engineer". Embarrassment to the name IMO.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #610 on: August 31, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »
Newt?

You've got it.

Maybe if Neil got some o' that Arcturian poontang, he might see some sense....

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #611 on: August 31, 2015, 06:51:07 PM »
Funny? You think that's funny? It's not funny. It's the anomaly that could, if more of the engineers here would demonstrate courage, bring down the government of the First Republic of the United States.

That's funny.

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #612 on: August 31, 2015, 07:06:55 PM »
When I was in the Navy I had to attend firefighting school...
Yes, that's to train you to do something.  You can't do that without some risk to a human.  I would have thought the difference would be obvious.  At least in real life engineering the difference is obvious.

To finish the thought, astronauts do train extensively for space walks, and some of the training can be dangerous. Just like it was worthwhile to train firefighters in a potentially dangerous way to improve the chances that they would be successful in a life-threatening emergency.

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #613 on: August 31, 2015, 07:09:10 PM »
We'd better stop contributing, the threads getting long now, and they mostly respond to Jay... mostly.

Game over man!

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #614 on: August 31, 2015, 07:16:46 PM »

Funnily enough, a week ago I had never even heard of a sublimator. Now I know a fair bit about them, and have a ton of sources I could easily pursue to learn more were I so inclined.

Funny? You think that's funny? It's not funny. It's the anomaly that could, if more of the engineers here would demonstrate courage, bring down the government of the First Republic of the United States.
A government you tried to get elected to be part of . . .

The end of the First, the beginning of the Second.
France is on their Fifth.
You know, you've made so many delusional statements, like a picture available since at least 1997 online is only online and/or available because of your agitation in the mid-late 2000's, it's hard to tell if you don't think your election to Governor of California is enough to make that change.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:18:38 PM by raven »