Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 471232 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #585 on: August 31, 2015, 03:48:09 PM »
Actually, I think the post of interest was removed or altered. Perhaps it sounded just too foolish to he who wrote it.

Rich coming from a despicable piece of human trash such as yourself, and you still cannot answer the questions I posed. Instead you divert your attention to the OP and avoid the real nuts and bolts of why you need to test the PLSS sublimator with humans. You've failed miserably at every hurdle. You're a laughing stock, and in some ways I am glad that you have exposed yourself as a Crank Magnet by invoking the most despicable of all crank theories. The record stands showing the person you are.

To the regulars here, I'm sorry for lowering the tone. I'm heading out. I really cannot cope with this. LO, deal with me as you must for my transgression. I just felt I wanted my online words to reflect how I would react to Neil's face.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:51:24 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #586 on: August 31, 2015, 03:53:37 PM »
The last thing I read on this site last night was someone telling me that testing a spacesuit with an astronaut in it was immoral.

No.  Testing the sublimator by applying it to a human subject at risk is immoral.  You don't risk human life to validate equipment.  You can determine whether the sublimator performs its function correctly without requiring a human to supply the heat load.

When I was in the Navy I had to attend firefighting school...

Yes, that's to train you to do something.  You can't do that without some risk to a human.  I would have thought the difference would be obvious.  At least in real life engineering the difference is obvious.

There's not a single NASA astrounaut that has trained for an EVA that shouldn't have some test video. It's absurd that it doesn't exist.

Begging the question.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #587 on: August 31, 2015, 03:54:16 PM »

Funnily enough, a week ago I had never even heard of a sublimator. Now I know a fair bit about them, and have a ton of sources I could easily pursue to learn more were I so inclined.

Funny? You think that's funny? It's not funny. It's the anomaly that could, if more of the engineers here would demonstrate courage, bring down the government of the First Republic of the United States.
It is funny. You think I give a rats butt about the US gubbmint? Don't live there, not a citizen, have no interest in living in a land which gives rise to cranks like you.

And I am not the only one here who is in similar circumstance. The simple fact is that the US is under 5% of the totality of humanity, a paltry minority. And it is failing because of baseless opinions like yours which deprecate science, education and learning in favour of superstitious nonsense.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #588 on: August 31, 2015, 03:55:59 PM »
The TRUTH shall set ye free but first it shall make ye miserable.
Dare to be miserable.
Dare to be free.
The misery is temporary. With eternal diligence, the freedom is forever.

Lying and criminal activity also make one miserable.  You aren't right because you're miserable.  You're miserable because you are so very wrong that no one anymore will pay attention to you and you're left spouting pseudo-revolutionary vomitus instead of being accountable.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #589 on: August 31, 2015, 03:57:21 PM »
The last thing I read on this site last night was someone telling me that testing a spacesuit with an astronaut in it was immoral.

Here is the "immoral" quote in context:

Hogwash.  You said you wanted your witnesses to be able to integrate their own monitoring equipment into the test.  Why do you think that wouldn't cost NASA extra?  NASA doesn't test every individual sublimator in an all-up test in a full-scale, high-vacuum test with a human subject.  Why?  Because it's not necessary, and to do so would be unnecessary, immoral, and inefficient.  Hence the next vacuum-chamber test of a sublimator is likely to be well into the future, when new sublimator designs require it.

Jay didn't say that testing a spacesuit with an astronaut inside was immoral.  He was talking about unnecessary human testing of every single individual sublimator that comes off the assembly line.  Putting humans at risk in unnecessary and pointless testing is immoral.

ETA:  While I was typing Jay showed up to defend himself.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #590 on: August 31, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »

Actually, I think the post of interest was removed or altered. Perhaps it sounded just too foolish to he who wrote it.
I presume you are ready to retract tis comment?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #591 on: August 31, 2015, 04:01:11 PM »
An astronaut would be a fool not to test them under conditions as realistic to being at the ISS as possible.

No, an astronaut would be a fool to subject himself bodily to a highly risky test (the vacuum chamber environment is hazardous for reasons besides heat rejection) solely to validate a piece of equipment.  NASA spends literally millions of dollars training each individual astronaut.  They are not guinea pigs.

There should be post test videos for every vacuum chamber simulated-EVA.

You misunderstand.  When NASA tests sublimators, they don't test them using human subjects.  They don't run all-up EVA tests in vacuum chambers, with the highly trained astronauts, just to validate equipment.

You really have absolutely no clue whatsoever what is involved in engineering test.  How did you manage to get a degree?

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #592 on: August 31, 2015, 04:11:18 PM »

You misunderstand.  When NASA tests sublimators, they don't test them using human subjects.  They don't run all-up EVA tests in vacuum chambers, with the highly trained astronauts, just to validate equipment.

You really have absolutely no clue whatsoever what is involved in engineering test.  How did you manage to get a degree?
Exactly my thoughts, as a fellow engineer, you Jay,  it is too embarrassing to call Neil a fellow engineer.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #593 on: August 31, 2015, 04:17:22 PM »
How did you manage to get a degree?

That's what I've been wondering for some time now.  My standard tends to be "when I know more about science than you do, you've really failed."  By that standards, Neil shouldn't have gotten out of seventh grade science, much less gotten a degree in anything relying on science.  And were I so inclined, I could shred him on history, too, but since he isn't responding to me, either, why should I bother?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #594 on: August 31, 2015, 04:23:07 PM »
And were I so inclined, I could shred him on history, too, but since he isn't responding to me, either, why should I bother?

We'd better stop contributing, the threads getting long now, and they mostly respond to Jay... mostly.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #595 on: August 31, 2015, 04:24:33 PM »
And were I so inclined, I could shred him on history, too, but since he isn't responding to me, either, why should I bother?

We'd better stop contributing, the threads getting long now, and they mostly respond to Jay... mostly.
<snigger>

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #596 on: August 31, 2015, 04:37:47 PM »
Again, Neil, we do have a sub forum for this kind of bullshit. Dump it and yourself there if you want, I am sure some members will be willing to disprove your claims, but this is not the place.
I agree with all that have posted this proposition, Neil DISCONTINUE any posting that is not closely associated with the sublimator.

IF you have anything to post on any other subject start a new thread.
But I doubt you will do any better there than you have demonstrated in this thread.
Well, I tried that forum again to see if he's posted anything there, but, nope, nothing. I guess he isn't so interested after all.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #597 on: August 31, 2015, 04:42:52 PM »

Newt?
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
« Reply #598 on: August 31, 2015, 04:45:43 PM »
Our space program is currently a mythological faith-based thing.

Currently, with the ISS it isn't YOUR space programme (an American one), but an INTERNATIONAL effort.

However, the evidence for the existence of Apollo, Gemini, Mir, Skylab, ISS and any other manned programme that I've missed easily outweighs your lack of research on the suits and sublimators.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #599 on: August 31, 2015, 04:46:29 PM »

Newt?
I miss any connection Allan. :-[
Eugene Cernan