Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 461256 times)

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #555 on: August 31, 2015, 03:05:25 PM »
Best brush up on your political skills Neil. Not sure how much support you got when you ran for Governor of California but the only way your going to get your test is to become President.   

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #556 on: August 31, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »
Now it appears they've never tested a spacesuited astronaut while in a vacuum chamber at all except for that last documented test way back in 1966 when the suit failed causing a near fatality.

Why do you insist on repeating this lie?

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #557 on: August 31, 2015, 03:12:32 PM »
the only way your going to get your test is to become President.

If I were President, I'd bypass NASA and go straight for the jugular by ordering the establishment of an Independent, fully funded and fully empowered 9-11 investigation.
And then we'd have an Independent Holocaust Investigation.
And then we'd have NASA perform a demo.

I think I got zero votes (except mine of course )and Arnold's vision won.  Cruz Bustamante came in second. Poor California.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2015, 03:13:08 PM »
The last thing I read on this site last night was someone telling me that testing a spacesuit with an astronaut in it was immoral.

Nope they didn't say immoral. They explained there were ethical issues to be considered when using humans when testing. It is always the duty of the scientist to reduce any testing on animals. A human is also an animal, we're part of the animal kingdom. So, a scientist will carry out several actions before carrying out human trials.

(a) Check whether the work has been done before (that's called research).
(b) Consider suitable simulation tests.
(c) Consider ways of reducing the number of humans taking part in a trial.
(d) Reduce the exposure of the human to the trial.
(e) Examine statistical techniques to reduce the number of human participants.
(f) Write an ethical protocol for the trial.

In the case of the sublimator you can test it using energy outputs that are representative of the human metabolic load. That would cover part (a) and (b) above, so there is no need to move to human trials. Metabolic loads for varying intensity of activity are easily found on the interweb... oh hang one, that means you looking. You're not much good at that. Anyway...

It's fairly simple to test a sublimator without a human, you could heat a coolant by passing it around a heated mannequin, run the coolant through a sublimator, and find the outgoing temperature of the coolant once it has passed through the sublimator. The sublimator could sit in a small vacuum chamber, maybe the size of a bell jar. I would consider that approach. Point being, I wouldn't even consider a human trial. Why would you, that is the real question?

Not only are there ethical issues with using human beings - there is also a cost and time issue. So as a scientist that has been involved with human trials; research into possible simulation are exhausted before moving to human trials. There are some cases where it very clear that one cannot pursue (a) and (b), and that applies to niche technologies or when one is looking at integration between man and machine. For example, the space suit would be tested for integration with the space craft. The integration plans I worked with are huge lists of activities that the user would normally perform while wearing the new technology under development. This would be part of the validation and verification processes.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:15:43 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #559 on: August 31, 2015, 03:13:37 PM »

Wow. Just. Wow.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #560 on: August 31, 2015, 03:16:46 PM »

Are you a holocaust denier too? Is there a reason you have ignored all but one of my posts, and that reason being the Einstein quote in my signature?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:18:28 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Cat Not Included

• Venus
« Reply #561 on: August 31, 2015, 03:18:40 PM »
[SNIP]
I am very ignorant. I don't KNOW anything about the sublimators.
[SNIP]
Funnily enough, a week ago I had never even heard of a sublimator. Now I know a fair bit about them, and have a ton of sources I could easily pursue to learn more were I so inclined.
The quote "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" very clearly predates personal computers.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #562 on: August 31, 2015, 03:20:03 PM »

Wow. Just. Wow.
We have other places on this forum if you wish to discuss such conjectures, Neil Baker.

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #563 on: August 31, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »

Wow. Just. Wow.

It's worse than NASA.
No documented gas chambers.
Nowhere near enough ovens.
Lice insecticide, Zyklon B, still manufactured as Uragan D2 with the charges that it was used as an agent of mass murder scoffed at by its Czech Republic manufacturers.
Worst, outrageous thought crime laws in 14 nations prohibiting the questioning or investigation of the holocaust.
GOD bless America!
An International group of forensic experts could make quick work of this hoax if they were allowed in.
I recommend this website to deprogram yourself from the holocaust garbage they fed you in public school.
http:// [LINK REMOVED] /

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #564 on: August 31, 2015, 03:22:36 PM »
The last thing I read on this site last night was someone telling me that testing a spacesuit with an astronaut in it was immoral.

Nope they didn't say immoral.

Oh brother, here we go again. They said immoral.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #565 on: August 31, 2015, 03:24:24 PM »
NASA has never publicly demonstrated before independent witnesses a spacesuit with ice sublimator cooling system in a high vacuum chamber on Earth duplicating environmental conditions of orbit.

And you seem to be the only person on the face of the planet that gives a crap.  They tested it.  It works.  A public demonstration with independent witnesses is unnecessary.

Now it appears they've never tested a spacesuited astronaut while in a vacuum chamber at all except for that last documented test way back in 1966 when the suit failed causing a near fatality.

How did you come up with this?

I'm puzzled more why they won't even show a video of an ice sublimator in a vacuum chamber with the astronaut outside running on the treadmill.

You mean, why isn't there a video posted on the Internet that I can easily find?  How do you know that there's not a can of film sitting around somewhere on a dusty shelf that shows this?  It could be that nobody thinks it's interesting or important enough to go find it, convert it to video, and post it on the web. 

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #566 on: August 31, 2015, 03:25:43 PM »

Funnily enough, a week ago I had never even heard of a sublimator. Now I know a fair bit about them, and have a ton of sources I could easily pursue to learn more were I so inclined.

Funny? You think that's funny? It's not funny. It's the anomaly that could, if more of the engineers here would demonstrate courage, bring down the government of the First Republic of the United States.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #567 on: August 31, 2015, 03:26:33 PM »

Funny? You think that's funny? It's not funny. It's the anomaly that could, if more of the engineers here would demonstrate courage, bring down the government of the First Republic of the United States.
A government you tried to get elected to be part of . . .

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #568 on: August 31, 2015, 03:27:24 PM »

Wow. Just. Wow.

It's worse than NASA.
No documented gas chambers.
Nowhere near enough ovens.
Lice insecticide, Zyklon B, still manufactured as Uragan D2 with the charges that it was used as an agent of mass murder scoffed at by its Czech Republic manufacturers.
Worst, outrageous thought crime laws in 14 nations prohibiting the questioning or investigation of the holocaust.
GOD bless America!
An International group of forensic experts could make quick work of this hoax if they were allowed in.
I recommend this website to deprogram yourself from the holocaust garbage they fed you in public school.
http:// [LINK REMOVED] /

This is the Apollo forum.  Please do not deviate from that topic.

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #569 on: August 31, 2015, 03:29:39 PM »
NASA has never publicly demonstrated before independent witnesses a spacesuit with ice sublimator cooling system in a high vacuum chamber on Earth duplicating environmental conditions of orbit.

And you seem to be the only person on the face of the planet that gives a crap.  They tested it.  It works.  A public demonstration with independent witnesses is unnecessary.

How did you come up with this?

I'm puzzled more why they won't even show a video of an ice sublimator in a vacuum chamber with the astronaut outside running on the treadmill.

You mean, why isn't there a video posted on the Internet that I can easily find?  How do you know that there's not a can of film sitting around somewhere on a dusty shelf that shows this?  It could be that nobody thinks it's interesting or important enough to go find it, convert it to video, and post it on the web.

Because NASA alleges they've been testing them for more than fifty years.
NASA alleges they test them now.
An astronaut would be a fool not to test them under conditions as realistic to being at the ISS as possible. There shouldn't be no video. There shouldn't be only one video. There shouldn't be only ten videos. There should be post test videos for every vacuum chamber simulated-EVA.