Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 461252 times)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #360 on: August 28, 2015, 05:25:56 PM »
I limited my selection to non-NASA sources.

Wise in the circumstances.

ETA: In fact Neil, are you aware of Google Scholar. Type porous plate sublimator into the search bar, and your before 2007 argument evaporates into thin air, or should I say sublimates into the vacuum.  ;D
Ironically, it came out of a vacuum in the first place, practically ex nihilo, pulled out of thin . . . not even air.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #361 on: August 28, 2015, 05:28:28 PM »
ETA: In fact Neil, are you aware of Google Scholar. Type porous plate sublimator into the search bar, and your before 2007 argument evaporates into thin air, or should I say sublimates into the vacuum.  ;D

Wow... just wow!!

1992 - https://www.google.com/patents/US5092129

1999 - http://papers.sae.org/1999-01-2004/

and especially this one...

1965 - https://www.google.com/patents/US3170303

Which contains a detailed & comprehensive description of how the porous plate sublimator works...complete with cutaway diagrams

edited to add extra diagram
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:49:19 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Trebor

• Earth
« Reply #362 on: August 28, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »
But I'm still looking for a book published before 2007 that mentions spacesuit ice sublimators.

Why? Would these things suddenly start working on their own after 2007 and not before?

Offline Grashtel

• Venus
« Reply #363 on: August 28, 2015, 05:40:51 PM »
Why? Would these things suddenly start working on their own after 2007 and not before?
Apparently that is when Neil started looking for them causing NASA to plant info about them in books and on the web or something
"Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it." -Florence Ambrose

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #364 on: August 28, 2015, 05:42:47 PM »

Baker claims that until he personally started researching sublimators in 2007 there was insufficient material available to determine whether they existed and worked as claimed.  He further claims that all references after 2007 were made in response to his activity, in an apparent attempt to backfill the record and create a fictional history for them and thereby undermine his prior claim to a dearth of evidence.

Yes, he literally claims he's that important.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #365 on: August 28, 2015, 05:49:18 PM »
It seems that Mr. Baker suffers from paranoia also.
Woo is me everyone and everything is against me. Only I stand against the tyranny of the world.
http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?id=3603
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #366 on: August 28, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
Baker claims that until he personally started researching sublimators in 2007 there was insufficient material available to determine whether they existed and worked as claimed.

He changed horses though, and switched to demanding a video demonstrating that the PLSS sublimator works in a vacuum. When provided with a photo he asked how that proves the PLSS is in a vacuum. So, how do we prove that the video is in a vacuum? I would imagine if he was shown footage of the vacuum gauge this would not be enough either. I woke this morning to find he had jumped back on the pre-2007 evidence horse.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:57:30 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #367 on: August 28, 2015, 05:56:26 PM »
He changed horses though, and switched to demanding a video demonstrating that the PLSS sublimator works in a vacuum. When provided with a photo he asked how that proves the PLSS is in a vacuum. So, how do we prove that the video is in a vacuum? I would imagine if he was shown footage of the vacuum gauge this would not be enough either. I woke this morning to find he had jumped back on the pre-2007 evidence horse.
Rather like pushing against a puddle of mercury.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #368 on: August 28, 2015, 05:57:38 PM »
When he finds out that the books written after 2007 refer to material written before 2007 it's really going to mess his mind up.

Can we have a vacuum chamber big enough to fit a CSM in as well, to test the evaporative cooling systems on that?

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #369 on: August 28, 2015, 05:58:56 PM »
Rather like pushing against a puddle mound of mercury bullshit.

There, corrected that for you  ;)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #370 on: August 28, 2015, 06:00:30 PM »
and especially this one...

1965 - https://www.google.com/patents/US3170303

Which contains a detailed & comprehensive description of how the porous plate sublimator works...complete with cutaway diagrams

That patent was linked to on page 1 of the thread just over an hour after Baker's opening post.  Along with Dr. Shero's thesis.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #371 on: August 28, 2015, 06:01:01 PM »
Rather like pushing against a puddle mound of mercury bullshit.

There, corrected that for you  ;)
Ok I can accept that correction, poor janitors around here.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #372 on: August 28, 2015, 06:01:19 PM »
When he finds out that the books written after 2007 refer to material written before 2007 it's really going to mess his mind up.

I never thought about that scenario. There will be a small tremor felt around the world as he explodes.  :o

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #373 on: August 28, 2015, 06:02:21 PM »
That patent was linked to on page 1 of the thread just over an hour after Baker's opening post.  Along with Dr. Shero's thesis.

And Baker ignored them then, just as he has largely ignored them now.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #374 on: August 28, 2015, 06:04:11 PM »

Can we have a vacuum chamber big enough to fit a CSM in as well, to test the evaporative cooling systems on that?
His assertion will be all of this material was post written because he agitated for the information.
Eugene Cernan