Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 471256 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2015, 02:18:48 PM »
Neil, have you ever taken any form of medication such as painkillers or anti-histamines? Serious question.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #346 on: August 28, 2015, 02:23:30 PM »
A big thank you to Zakalwe for posting this: https://scholarship.rice.edu/bitstream/handle/1911/14662/7023573.PDF?sequence=1
Bravo! Good stuff.

But I'm still looking for a book published before 2007 that mentions spacesuit ice sublimators. 
That was published in November, 1969. What more do you want?

Abaddon  gave Heat and Mass Transfer - Anthony Mills - 1995 - ISBN 0256114439 but I don't see anything about spacesuit ice sublimators.
Did you buy the book or not?  Or did you simply view the few excerpts available online and give up?

Also, I know there's contention about the photograph of an ice sublimator with some claiming it was available since 1997 and my saying I couldn't find it in 2007.
Once again, your abject failures do not apply to everyone else. They are your failures and yours alone.

I'm sure there are tricks I don't know for bringing buried stuff to the surface of the Internet.
I am sure you are incapable of finding your butt with both hands when it comes to research. You have demonstrated such right here.

Please indulge with instruction on how to find a second photograph of a spacesuit ice sublimator.
I will indulge you if you will honour the invoice for your education.

Currently only one shows when you do the Google Image search.
Then you are doing it wrong. You have been provided with copious images, videos and technical documentation gratis. All of which are freely available on the webernets, all of which you could have googled all on your lonesome.

Please educate me in how to bring the others to the surface.
Will you accept and honour the invoice for such an expenditure of time and effort? I ask because so far, you seem to be reluctant to acquire any learning at all, and given that, I would be reluctant to impart any education which will fall upon deaf feet of clay.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #347 on: August 28, 2015, 02:27:36 PM »

Please educate me in how to bring the others to the surface.
Will you accept and honour the invoice for such an expenditure of time and effort? I ask because so far, you seem to be reluctant to acquire any learning at all, and given that, I would be reluctant to impart any education which will fall upon deaf feet of clay.

Make sure the currency is deposited and cleared for the proper time before spending your time and effort. ;D
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #348 on: August 28, 2015, 02:28:07 PM »
Scathing Abaddon - but fair :)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2015, 02:39:19 PM »
Commercial reality. All of the products that my company produces have a hari-kiri routine built in. You no pay? Software no work anymore. It is pure self defense against those who attempt to score a freebie.

Neil is attempting to garner a free education whilst also attempting to maintain his delusions. Very sorry, but that ain't how it works. The art of searching the intertubes is a skill which may be acquired freely...on the intertubes. Any jackass can find out how to effectively search for anything for free. Neil cannot even be bothered to do that for himself like anyone else, but appeals for an education to be provided to him. Fine. Pay for it, or else make the effort to do it for yourself sez I.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #350 on: August 28, 2015, 02:56:52 PM »

Consider him ignored no longer. I think he would be an excellent addition to the independent witness group.

Damn the bad luck. http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/OBITUARIES/2008-06/1212306659

Let's say Dr. Shero was still alive. Why would you consider him an important "independent witness" when he published data that he did such tests, and the sublimator plate technology worked as advertised? If it doesn't, he was lying, so how would he be a trustworthy witness for you?

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #351 on: August 28, 2015, 03:27:15 PM »
Figures for Manawatu
5:47:52 pm – Rises (not visible yet) – NW – 2,315 km distant
5:49:56 pm – Reaches altitude 10° (becoming visible) – NW – 1,463 km distant
5:53:12 pm – Maximum altitude 85° – SW – 415 km distant
5:56:15 pm – Enters Earth's shadow, altitude 12° – SE – 1,361 km distant

I agree with those figures so we are left with (20/360)*26500=1458 miles.  1458 m/(5 min/60 min/hr) results in 17496 mph.  I believe the right triangle Apollo 957 is not as he stated.  Now all these figures are average and precise calculations would refine the answers down to less errors.

Even of you ignore the right triangle and just use the two distance figures divided by the time

(2315km + 1361km) / 8min 23s

► 3676 / 8.38

= 438.7 km/min

= 26,319 km/hr

= 16,354 mph

Its in the right ball park.

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #352 on: August 28, 2015, 03:34:42 PM »
I'm sick of this subject and want it settled.

No, its been settled; 50 years and thousands of hours of use by hundreds of astronauts from dozens of countries has settled it... you just won't accept it.

I have no doubt that were such a test be done, then even if you were satisfied with the results, and accepted that the sublimator really did work as advertised (like everyone else already does), you would simply do what all crackpot hoax believers do, invent another perceived "anomaly" out of whole cloth!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #353 on: August 28, 2015, 04:34:01 PM »
A big thank you to Zakalwe Bob B. for posting this: https://scholarship.rice.edu/bitstream/handle/1911/14662/7023573.PDF?sequence=1
Bravo! Good stuff.

You're welcome.  Can I assume that Dr. Shero's analysis satisfies all your doubts about porous plate sublimators?  His methods seem quite thorough and his results convincing.

But I'm still looking for a book published before 2007 that mentions spacesuit ice sublimators.

Since you are still making the claim in 2015, 2007 is irrelevant.  Nonetheless, here are a few publications that I found with a couple minutes of looking.

ASHRAE Handbook & Product Directory, The Society, 1978

Control of Thermal Balance by a Liquid Circulating Garment Based on a Mathematical Representation of the Human Thermoregulatory System, University of California, Berkeley, 1975

A Collection of Technical Papers: AIAA Crew Equipment Systems Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 7-9, 1973

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #354 on: August 28, 2015, 04:36:54 PM »
The term sublimator has been defined in the Clavius glossary since 2002.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #355 on: August 28, 2015, 04:59:31 PM »
A big thank you to Zakalwe Bob B. for posting this: https://scholarship.rice.edu/bitstream/handle/1911/14662/7023573.PDF?sequence=1
Bravo! Good stuff.

You're welcome.  Can I assume that Dr. Shero's analysis satisfies all your doubts about porous plate sublimators?  His methods seem quite thorough and his results convincing.

Since you are still making the claim in 2015, 2007 is irrelevant.  Nonetheless, here are a few publications that I found with a couple minutes of looking.

ASHRAE Handbook & Product Directory, The Society, 1978

Control of Thermal Balance by a Liquid Circulating Garment Based on a Mathematical Representation of the Human Thermoregulatory System, University of California, Berkeley, 1975

A Collection of Technical Papers: AIAA Crew Equipment Systems Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 7-9, 1973

So Neil, can we now close the before 2007 issue. Bob has done your donkey work for you. I think we can conclude that you are a poor researcher and a lazy one at that too. What does grates me the most is when you are given what you are looking for on a plate you change horses and show complete denial. I find that disappointing and unacceptable.

Thanks for doing this Bob. These articles are a useful repository for future reference. You see Neil, this is what happens when people like you, full of bluster, arrive here. The likes of Bob set their wheels in motion an we learn more. Thanks for playing and pop by any time you want with new claims, it's great to learn isn't it?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:37:14 PM by Luke Pemberton »

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
« Reply #356 on: August 28, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »
The term sublimator has been defined in the Clavius glossary since 2002.

Now that you mention it, the term is in my glossary as well.  I know it's been there at least since 1998.

C:\Users\Robert Braeunig\Documents\WWW\space\glossary.htm

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2015, 05:03:39 PM »
But I'm still looking for a book published before 2007 that mentions spacesuit ice sublimators

A 16 minute 1966 NASA-JSC film on Lunar Spacesuits

A simple explanation of the heat exchange system begins at 7:26

The vacuum test begins at 10:02

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
« Reply #358 on: August 28, 2015, 05:09:44 PM »
Thanks for doing this Bob.

There were actually far more books and papers than the ones I listed, though most were NASA publications.  I limited my selection to non-NASA sources.  This is also just what came up in Google Books.  As we know, the Internet is not the sole depository of human knowledge.  I'm sure there is quite a bit more information sitting on bookshelves.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2015, 05:11:56 PM »
I limited my selection to non-NASA sources.

Wise in the circumstances.

ETA: In fact Neil, are you aware of Google Scholar. Type porous plate sublimator into the search bar, and your before 2007 argument evaporates into thin air, or should I say sublimates into the vacuum.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:14:54 PM by Luke Pemberton »