Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 461065 times)

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »
You offer no truth.  By your own admission you offer only speculation, and you are unable to reconcile that speculation with the evidentiary record except by more speculation.  Since you offer no reason to reject the null hypothesis, it remains the presumption.

I don't have the truth to offer.
I don't know the truth.
I do know the anomaly and fortunately its examination provides the way to the truth.

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »
Still wondering why you continue to pursue this to such extreme unreasonable lengths when anybody can see that a test of this sort will never satisfy you despite what you say.

I think or at least used to think that it was the quick route to the much more important Independent 9-11 investigation.
I'm bewildered by the level of resistance from educated men. It's a simple thing.   A validation.
Although I understand the fear that NASA can't validate its claim.
And that's what would lead to 9-11 truth.
If it was revealed that the government lied big about NASA, people would be more agreeable to confronting the harder truth about 9-11.

And you're wrong. The test before independent witnesses would satisfy me. I'm sick of this subject and want it settled.

Well, I guess you best get used to that feeling because there's no way it's going to happen. You can't see for one second the can of worms this would open if NASA did the test? Everybody with some type of ax to grind will demand similar demos as proof. You can't comprehend that at all?

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2015, 05:10:06 PM »
It's already been done.  The fact that you or I weren't a witness to it does pain me in the least.

Hah!

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2015, 05:10:36 PM »
And you've never done your duty either. You're derelict and complicit.

No, you are not an unsung hero.  You don't get to accuse people of being derelict when your own assertions are predicated on claims to having done exhaustive research it's clear you never did and are probably unqualified to do.  You don't get to accuse people of being "complicit" simply because they demand accountability from you, the accuser.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:16:14 PM by JayUtah »
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2015, 05:12:47 PM »
It's a spacesuit without sublimator. It has an umbilical. It's a failure. Someone almost died. As far as I can tell, it's the last time NASA ever attempted performing vacuum chamber tests of spacesuits.

Why do you continue to ignore the images of Schweikart testing the PLSS in the vacuum chamber that I showed you earlier? I did the basic research for you.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2015, 05:13:26 PM »
I think or at least used to think that it was the quick route to the much more important Independent 9-11 investigation.
Off topic. Your crackpottery on other notions is irrelevant to Apollo. Although equally bovine.

I'm bewildered by the level of resistance from educated men. It's a simple thing.   A validation.
That is your failing, and yours alone. Do not attempt to project your lack upon others.

Validate in full with evidence aplenty. Your lack of comprehension is your problem.

Off topic. Please desist from this uber Gish Gallop.
If it was revealed that the government lied big about NASA, people would be more agreeable to confronting the harder truth about 9-11.
Yet more off topic babble.

And you're wrong. The test before independent witnesses would satisfy me. I'm sick of this subject and want it settled.
And such tests have been performed again and again and again. Why are those test invalid, yet you special snowflake test is somehow more valid than any other?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2015, 05:15:42 PM »
I don't know the truth.

Then you don't get to style a challenge to your claim as a rejection of or disinterest in the truth.

I do know the anomaly and fortunately its examination provides the way to the truth.

No.  There is no "anomaly" except that which you have manufactured in your mind, explained only with speculation, and supported only by demanding that people validate your ignorance and laziness.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2015, 05:15:49 PM »

You have nothing to offer.

I don't know the truth.
You know nothing, Neil Baker.

Which so-called "anomaly" has been copiously addressed.

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2015, 05:16:57 PM »

Well, I guess you best get used to that feeling because there's no way it's going to happen. You can't see for one second the can of worms this would open if NASA did the test? Everybody with some type of ax to grind will demand similar demos as proof. You can't comprehend that at all?

That's the beauty of the spacesuits and ice sublimators. I can't think of another anomaly that can be investigated on Earth to the level of PROOF. It's a great opportunity. NASA slipped up. Accountability is due.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2015, 05:19:19 PM »
For the last time, Neil, it HAS been investigated on Earth. The lack of video is irrelevant to the fact that the tests occurred.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2015, 05:19:23 PM »
Still wondering why you continue to pursue this to such extreme unreasonable lengths when anybody can see that a test of this sort will never satisfy you despite what you say.

Arrogant nonsense - everyone who disagrees with me is wrong, you are too frightened to admit the truth blah blah blah.

Maybe you should check out the beam in your own eye and examine your own motives in the context of your little rant there.

Shock news: I am not defending Apollo missions out of fear. I am not defending Apollo out of blind belief or defence of a government that is nothing to do with me. I am not desperately clinging on to some thin raft of world constructs that will tumble like a house of cards if some lone jumped up internet warrior with a vastly over-inflated sense of their own importance inversely proportional to their ability to read a book and understand its contents says I'm wrong.

I defend Apollo to stop a great achievement being denigrated by morons and idiots. I defend it because I know it is a genuine historical event, and I know it because I have put the hours in doing my own research and validating evidence, and because I can see that every piece of information about the programme presents a coherent and consistent narrative supported by scientific fact.

What have you done apart from bluster and sneer?

Where is your empirically proven scientifically validated evidence that a sublimator will not cool a space suit?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2015, 05:22:17 PM »

That's the beauty of the spacesuits and ice sublimators. I can't think of another anomaly that can be investigated on Earth to the level of PROOF. It's a great opportunity. NASA slipped up. Accountability is due.
It has already been done multiple times. That opportunity, as you term it is a de riguer component of space suit testing. Somehow, you seem surprised that an invitation was not extended to you, an internet nobody, to attend and witness such tests. Congratulations on your own overblown sense of your own importance, but the reality is that you are an internet crank with a terrorist record. Personally, I wouldn't let you within sight of a simple pencil.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2015, 05:23:07 PM »
I don't know the truth.

The more I read, the more I think that you are Donald Rumsfled in disguise with your talk of what you know and what you don't know, but if we do know we can find out the things we don't know.

Bottom line is you are a lazy researcher, and inadvertently I have managed to find out (with Jay's input) that you know nothing of the space suit testing during Apollo. You haven't even followed up Jay's lead to show yet another one your assertions is wrong. All you had to do was type in a few words that Jay provided. This is dishonest on your part, and I find this unacceptable when you demand high standards of others, but are not prepared to correct your own mistakes and admit when your assertions are incorrect.

All you offer is speculation until you are found wrong by the knowledge base that exists here. When you are proven wrong you offer disdain about how you expected more from such educated people in order to hide your abject failures. You demand validation to appease your lack of knowledge and inability to carry out basic research, you accuse others of not showing the same standards you insist upon. Why should anyone take you seriously when you cannot even provide a simple answer to you main objection, namely that the PLSS sublimator would not work in a vacuum, despite being shown engineering books to the contrary?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:02:36 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »
It's already been done.  The fact that you or I weren't a witness to it doesn't pain me in the least.

Hah!

Explain.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »
I do know the anomaly ...

What anomaly?  That you weren't a witness to the original vacuum chamber tests?  How is that an anomaly?