Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 471743 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »
What do you mean, "Go to the library and thumb through index cards to find several references?" :)

Then after finding a few references of importance, going back to the library and digging out the cited work from the original references, and trawling your way through these - probably to find a few nuggets worth using. My thesis cited in excess of 300 papers, and I probably researched 5 times this number to find the supporting information I needed. Not to mention the books I had to read.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2015, 04:27:06 PM »
I'm still looking for the evidence that NASA tested a spacesuit with sublimator in a vacuum chamber.

Anybody?

The good news is that we're all a simple NASA demonstration away from the long coveted TRUTH! And yet, strangely, you all want to evade the Scientific Method and rely on questionable evidence.

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2015, 04:29:36 PM »
Don't tell a bunch of scientists what the scientific method is. It doesn't involve staging random demonstrations at the whim of a layman who can't even manage basic research, for starters.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2015, 04:29:56 PM »
I'm still looking for the evidence that NASA tested a spacesuit with sublimator in a vacuum chamber.

Anybody?

The good news is that we're all a simple NASA demonstration away from the long coveted TRUTH! And yet, strangely, you all want to evade the Scientific Method and rely on questionable evidence.

Repeating your claims anew does not unwind the previous 15 pages of discussion.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2015, 04:31:02 PM »

Anybody?

You will never be allowed near a NASA vacuum test facility because of your criminal actions. How much more do you want to ruin your life for something that's never going to happen?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2015, 04:32:27 PM »
A rubber duck is better at searching the internet than you. You couldn't even find a reference that has been in the very same place on the internet since 1997, for pete's sake. To which one might add your bizarre expectation that ALL data must be on the internet else it does not exist. Whence you derive such a notion is anyone's guess, but derive it you have. This begs the question: How do you suppose any research occurred before the internet?
What do you mean, "Go to the library and thumb through index cards to find several references?" :)
Heaven forefend! Surely not a Dewey Decimal System? Surely you cannot expect one to interact with treeware? Surely you cannot expect one to open an actual "book"? (Do such things still exist? Did they ever exist?)

Admit it. The entire universe did not exist before there was an internet and therefore, anything which does not exist on the intertubes or webernets does not really exist at all.

Or so the various Crank McBullplops would have you believe.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2015, 04:38:50 PM »

Anybody?
Why yes! Quite a few have handed you exactly that. What is your problem? You got pictures, videos, technical documentation and so forth. Why are you pretending that you did not when it is plain in this very thread that you bloody well did?

No. The good news is that it has been dne countless times already. The further good news is that this has been presented to you and all and sundry in this very thread.

Here is the bad news. Despite the data being presented to you, you pretend it has not. This leaves you without a leg to stand on, as even the most Luddite of thinkers can see that ALL of your bovine questions have been copiously answered.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2015, 04:39:40 PM »

Why are published accounts of the tests and photos of the tests not evidence?

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »

Anybody?

You will never be allowed near a NASA vacuum test facility because of your criminal actions. How much more do you want to ruin your life for something that's never going to happen?

I guess the next inevitable question Neil is what part of your brain keeps you from comprehending and accepting that it's never going to happen?

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
However, I sure would like to hear from Neil why he felt a bomb threat seemed like a reasonable course of action to him.

No bomb threat.
Trumped up charge.
Ten days in jail.
Twelve days in a mental hospital.
Evaluated by three psychs, no mental illness, no personality disorders, no required meds, I doubt most could pass the test.
Discovery revealed two additional quiet charges, "threat to incite strike" and "threat to accuse of a crime." No threats, I did incite and I did accuse, both legal.
Theft (seizure) of my rifle.

Bogus charges dismissed a day before scheduled trial.
Lots of stories about my arrest, few if any about dismissal.

I'm on 3 years probation now after 4 months jail for felony vandalism for breaking a window demanding an Independent 9-11 Investigation.
I signed a gag order as part of my probation agreement the violation of which would probably result in 4 years prison.
This is all I want to say on the subject except don't believe everything you read on the Internet.
Thank you.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »

Here's a video showing the test facilities and how it almost went wrong.

Now please explain to us all why you think a sublimator does not work in a vacuum.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2015, 04:42:19 PM »

Why are published accounts of the tests and photos of the tests not evidence?
Because he is a "special" snowflake, and a custom demo must be arranged for him and him alone according to whatever impossible criteria he may choose to attempt to impose.

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2015, 04:43:01 PM »
Don't tell a bunch of scientists what the scientific method is. It doesn't involve staging random demonstrations at the whim of a layman who can't even manage basic research, for starters.

Cheap shot and a cop out. The best thing NASA could do is allow the validation of its claim.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2015, 04:44:17 PM »
I'm on 3 years probation now after 4 months jail for felony vandalism for breaking a window demanding an Independent 9-11 Investigation.

Why do you think this would not disqualify you from visiting a secure NASA facility?

This is all I want to say on the subject except don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Your arguments regarding the porous plate sublimator presume the Internet to be a reliable reflection of the general state of information, including even by the absence of something on it.  Please reconcile this.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2015, 04:46:43 PM »
Cheap shot and a cop out.

No, the world is not required to accept your personal opinion of what scientific methodology consists of.  You may not beg the question that your demands are objectively reasonable.

The best thing NASA could do is allow the validation of its claim.

Your personal standard of validation is irrelevant.  Not only is there already evidence of the test you say was not recorded, but the technical claims regarding the operation of porous plate sublimators have already been validated to everyone's satisfaction but yours.  You may not beg the question that your standard of proof is the only reasonable one.