Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 471176 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
It was a few months ago, I believe, when someone pointed out that NASA would likely never allow someone arrested for bomb threats into near any of their facilities.

As capital, critical assets, NASA vacuum test chambers have armed guards.  Further, Baker's experience with law enforcement might provide the world with a different reason why NASA ignores him.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2015, 01:16:39 PM »
It would have to be fakeable to more than just me. I expect at least two other independent witnesses on hand. I also expect to be allowed to hook up our own pirani and hot cathode ionization gauges. I'm confident that my level of experience with vacuum systems is sufficient. Personally, I doubt they'll be able to get anywhere near orbital vacuum of ~1e-6 Torr if the sublimator works as they allege. But maybe they have some huge vacuum pumps to compensate for the sublimator sublimating.
Chamber B

Vacuum: 1x10-6 torr

Pumping capacity: 1 x 107 liters/sec condensables and 2 x 105 liters/sec noncondensables at 1 x 10-6 torr pressure; Note: Usual chamber inleakage less then 3 x 105 liters/sec of air at 1 x 10-6 torr pressure

Why can't you find this publicly available basic data yourself?

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2015, 01:19:50 PM »
It was a few months ago, I believe, when someone pointed out that NASA would likely never allow someone arrested for bomb threats into near any of their facilities.

As capital, critical assets, NASA vacuum test chambers have armed guards.  Further, Baker's experience with law enforcement might provide the world with a different reason why NASA ignores him.

Thanks Jay. I didn't know that but makes sense.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2015, 01:22:28 PM »

If he got close it might be a Red alert.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Mag40

• Mars
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »
Unless we are proposing to add poor reading comprehension to his repertoire of bumbling around the webernets.

Look at his level of attention here and elsewhere he has debated.  I believe he simply doesn't read any of the posts here except to latch onto some tidbit he can use to prolong the debate and increase the attention paid to him.

This is just a Heiwa-clone thread. I am baffled at the behaviour of these people, it happens so often one could be mistaken for thinking it was the same person. Did I miss his explanation for how we obtained the lunar samples?

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2015, 01:25:54 PM »

This is just a Heiwa-clone thread. I am baffled at the behaviour of these people, it happens so often one could be mistaken for thinking it was the same person. Did I miss his explanation for how we obtained the lunar samples?
In the true tradition of the circular firing squad, all spaceflight is fake, therefore the samples are fake and since the samples are fake all spaceflight is fake.

Or some such nonsense.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »

By a convoluted route that the Apollo's PLSS could/did not work, because he doesn't understand how it works.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2015, 01:31:14 PM »

If he got close it might be a Red alert.

Well Neil, maybe it's time to recruit some big guns to help you out. I'm sure Jarrah White would be more then willing to step up to the plate for you and straighten everybody out over here. I suggest you try contacting him and see if he'd be willing to convince NASA about the importance of this test.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2015, 01:33:39 PM »

Well Neil, maybe it's time to recruit some big guns to help you out. I'm sure Jarrah White would be more then willing to step up to the plate for you and straighten everybody out over here. I suggest you try contacting him and see if he'd be willing to convince NASA about the importance of this test.
I predict that will rise like a 2m lead balloon.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2015, 01:42:43 PM »

The Mythbusters got that to happen.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2015, 01:45:29 PM »

Looked a bit bigger than 2 meters though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:48:28 PM by raven »

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »

For what it's worth, I might actually be the person responsible for getting them to test that myth.  I submitted the idea to them along with some calculations showing that it was feasibly possible.  About a year later it made it into the show.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2015, 01:49:16 PM »

For what it's worth, I might actually be the person responsible for getting them to test that myth.  I submitted the idea to them along with some calculations showing that it was feasibly possible.  About a year later it made it into the show.
That's, really, just really  cool. ;D

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »

Kudos. I don't know what to give you more kudos for, this, or sitting through BlunderWunder's radiation videos.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2015, 01:57:35 PM »
A couple years after the original airing of that episode, the Mythbusters did a special in which they revisited some of their prior myths.  Adam said that the lead balloon episode was his all-time favorite.