Author Topic: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.  (Read 461405 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Why I suspect Apollo was a hoax.
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2015, 11:25:08 AM »
Best flounce ever? Or a long suffering room-mate (room-mate? What age is he- 19???). Or a bad case of MPD where we will see a full blown argument all conducted under the same login?

Two points.  One, I have plenty of friends with roommates well into their thirties, because minimum wage in the US hasn't kept up with rent.  If you're poor, roommates can mean keeping a roof over your head at all.

Two, "multiple personality disorder," currently called "dissociative identity disorder," is a controversial diagnosis at best.  Many mental health professionals don't actually belief it exists.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2015, 11:25:35 AM »
Yes, it's pure speculation like everything else. I have PROOF of nothing. But neither do you.

You're the one claiming, among other things, that the ISS is just a big balloon.  Your claim; your burden of proof.  My disbelief of your claim doesn't obligate me to assertively disprove it.  You admit you have no evidence.  Claims made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.

My disputation arises from, as I said, my 25 years' experience in the relevant fields.  Can you provide any evidence or argument that would convince someone in my position?  If not, why should the world defer to your personal doubt?
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2015, 11:28:04 AM »
I thought he asked if I was qualified to understand how a vacuum system works.

Since your allegedly expert judgment is central to your argument on many points, please list all your relevant qualifications.

As far as how a PLSS works, I've probably read most of the same propaganda as you.

But earlier you insinuated there existed no sufficient material for such judgment to be made.  Now you're saying you've read enough to determine that it's "propaganda."  Please reconcile your arguments.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2015, 11:28:17 AM »
Neil -- I watched Sputnik 1 pass over New Zealand at 8:06pm NZST on Wednesday 9 October 1959.  Do you claim that was a balloon put up by NASA too? And if so, how did Ham radio people, here and in other countries, detect its bleeper?
Of course the former Soviet Union was being paid by NASA to fake its space program to justify the massive budgets in the 60's. ::)

I find it rather amusing that you tell us to demand accountability from NASA, when members who posted in this thread from Australia, Germany, the UK and New Zealand.

I'm sorry I just can't make you or smartcookie out, maybe its the eyes :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »
Here's a good photo of that thing that Neil claims is a balloon -- the International Space Station -- plus two astronauts using the type of suit-cooling he claims doesn't work, plus a highly detailed background of central New Zealand showing the very clear sky that day above the Manawatu, where I live.

Nice fake photo of a nice prop with fake spacesuits over fake background. Probably. I love Photoshop.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2015, 11:32:47 AM »
I thought he asked if I was qualified to understand how a vacuum system works.

Since your allegedly expert judgment is central to your argument on many points, please list all your relevant qualifications.
Seconds that question, again.

As far as how a PLSS works, I've probably read most of the same propaganda as you.

But earlier you insinuated there existed no sufficient material for such judgment to be made.  Now you're saying you've read enough to determine that it's "propaganda."  Please reconcile your arguments.

Is this a facepalm moment or what?
https://www.google.com/search?q=facepalm&biw=1366&bih=571&tbm=isch&imgil=tTGdTkGlDERknM%253A%253BrleBi_6hQ6aT2M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fconcealednation.org%25252F2015%25252F08%25252Fconcealed-carry-trainer-negligently-shoots-student-and-its-not-his-first-nd-facepalm%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=tTGdTkGlDERknM%253A%252CrleBi_6hQ6aT2M%252C_&usg=__p9mv-J5DFSCaLMFnzZZGYcMQviM%3D
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »
Nice fake photo of a nice prop with fake spacesuits over fake background. Probably. I love Photoshop.

Do you have proof that the photograph was fabricated?  Or are you just making an affirmative dismissal based -- again -- entirely on speculation?

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2015, 11:36:15 AM »

What's your evidence that it's fake? It's not enough to just keep saying it.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Yes, it's pure speculation like everything else. I have PROOF of nothing. But neither do you.

You're the one claiming, among other things, that the ISS is just a big balloon.  Your claim; your burden of proof.  My disbelief of your claim doesn't obligate me to assertively disprove it.  You admit you have no evidence.  Claims made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.

No, I didn't say that.
I said I had no proof. Neither do you.
We both have plenty of evidence. I'm shown evidence of a photo of ISS and I show evidence of a photo of a huge preposterous factory owned by Bigelow.
That which makes my argument unique, and the reason you should support it, is that I describe something that can be scientifically validated on Earth today. Flags and shadows can be argued forever but the spacesuits are here and nobody has to go to the moon or orbit to PROVE them in a vacuum chamber.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2015, 11:41:48 AM »

No, I didn't say that.
We both have plenty of evidence. I'm shown evidence of a photo of ISS and I show evidence of a photo of a huge preposterous factory owned by Bigelow.
That which makes my argument unique, and the reason you should support it, is that I describe something that can be scientifically validated on Earth today. Flags and shadows can be argued forever but the spacesuits are here and nobody has to go to the moon or orbit to PROVE them in a vacuum chamber.

Excuse me but didn't you just post this?
Here's a good photo of that thing that Neil claims is a balloon -- the International Space Station -- plus two astronauts using the type of suit-cooling he claims doesn't work, plus a highly detailed background of central New Zealand showing the very clear sky that day above the Manawatu, where I live.

This is a direct claim that the photo has been faked, the ISS is a nice prop and the spacesuits are fake with a fake back ground.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2015, 11:42:22 AM »

What's your evidence that it's fake? It's not enough to just keep saying it.

My evidence is that the spacesuits shown have never in their over 50 years of alleged use been publicly demonstrated by NASA to work in a high vacuum chamber on Earth duplicating environmental conditions of orbit. Only until recently after my agitation could a photograph of a spacesuit ice sublimator be seen on the Internet. And despite representing one of the most interesting and exotic heat transfer devices ever contrived, no spacesuit ice sublimator is mentioned in any academic-level heat transfer or thermodynamics book. It's evidence of anomalous spacesuits.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2015, 11:44:21 AM »

No, I didn't say that.

Excuse me but didn't you just post this?

This is a direct claim that the photo has been faked, the ISS is a nice prop and the spacesuits are fake with a fake back ground.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2015, 11:46:06 AM »

Probably

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2015, 11:50:32 AM »

Probably
Slippery aren't you, but again please list your qualifications, if any, to satisfy my curiosity.  Your qualifications are at the heart of this whole discussion.
BTW, will you please quit claiming that your interference caused the creation of web pages describing the operation of PLSS.  You have been shown many links that make this assertion quite invalid.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2015, 11:53:32 AM »
I thought he asked if I was qualified to understand how a vacuum system works. As far as how a PLSS works, I've probably read most of the same propaganda as you.

How the PLSS works is certainly not propaganda, it's quite well documented. The Soviets used a similar cooling system in their spacesuits, i.e a closed circuit transporting the coolant to a heat exchanger. I know, I've seen it at the UK National Space Centre near Leicester. In fact. visiting the UK NSC provides a stark example of how US and USSR systems were comparable, and how such systems are still used today. Funny that, two nations arrive with similar PLSS systems. Maybe they relied on the same physics to arrive at their engineering solutions. As this thought entered you mind?

In any case, I thought you claimed that no documentation exists, or at least no photo. Surely if the documentation exists and you have now seen a photo, your argument reduces to the function of the PLSS in a vacuum?

You do realise that you are fundamentally at odds with other conspiracy theorists regarding the existence of evidence for the PLSS, both photographic evidence and documentation. Ralph Rene and Jarrah White acknowledge the PLSS documentation, they just dispute the thermodynamics because neither are smart enough to apply the correct heat transfer equations. This presents a problem for the conspiracy theory, as we have some of you on different horses.

So which is it (a) you afford direct contradiction to other conspiracy theorists and claim there are no PLSS photos and/or documentation of its function. (b) you are in agreement that PLSS documentation exists but dispute the heat transfer calculations.

It has to be (a) or (b)? What side of the fence do you sit on? Or are you sitting on a different fence?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch