Author Topic: Hoaxnut confused by zip fastener  (Read 7918 times)

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
Hoaxnut confused by zip fastener
« on: June 19, 2016, 04:33:52 PM »
Anybody fancy a really good laugh? Tired of debunking the same old 40-year old hoax nonsense? The lunatic Expattaffy1 has come up with something new: he thinks that "NASA whistleblowers" are using Photoshop to insert "whistleblower clues" into Apollo EVA photos (and pre-mission training photos) in the last few years and somehow getting them published by ALSJ. Anything he doesn't recognize in an Apollo photo is a "clue" - including EVA equipment such as tool clips, zip fasteners and the 'red apple' purge valve actuator. Here's his most recent example:

I've chosen this video to show you because (at a mere twenty minutes) it's actually one of Taffy's shorter efforts. I don't bother leaving comments any more (I just make the occasional YT video about him when I've got the time) but maybe somebody else would like to take issue with him (if you have the willpower to sit through the IQ-sapping streams of drivel). Maybe someone can challenge him to explain how defacing Apollo photos is proof of anything at all - or challenge him to produce before-and-after' versions of "photoshopped" NASA images.
This sort of lunacy is not something I cheerfully inflict on a serious forum like this, but he seems to be garnering a growing coterie of acolytes. There's little hope he'll listen to reason and all you'll get in return is a tirade of foul-mouthed idiocy (or just get deleted and blocked), but maybe we can prevent visitors to his channel falling for his special brand of stupidity. In general epistemological terms, his arguments aren't really significantly more deranged than current Flat Earth nonsense, but we all know how that is snow-balling out of control.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Hoaxnut confused by zip fastener
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 05:08:18 PM »
I have tried unsuccessfully to engage his stupid comments, without any movement towards reality.  He is way overboard with any of his observations, so I'm refraining from watching but thanks for the update.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 05:17:00 PM »
It's a waste of time with taffy as he blocks you as soon as you debunk him.. :D

Then he calls you out as you don't comment any more. :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
I lasted two minutes.

Given the way most of the you boob maestros work, he's probably not even going to hint at what his point is going to be for another fifteen minutes and another 1,500 terrible grating laughs.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 09:11:33 PM »

This is why I leave YouTube well enough alone.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 08:41:23 AM »

This is why I leave YouTube well enough alone.
I am not able to sidestep the nonsense as you are, and after viewing such nonsense, I can't bite my tongue.

EDIT: I need to add that I don't really look for hoax videos, rather, looking for other videos concerning my favorite genre of movies 50's Sci Fi, or space info.

Also, debating with taffy is a journey into vulgarity beyond belief.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:52:27 AM by bknight »
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline DD Brock

• Earth
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 09:11:38 PM »
According to Taffy, everyone who doesn't kiss his behind is merely a sock puppet of Astrobrant. Myself included.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 12:01:08 AM »
I lasted two minutes.

You've got more patience than me.

Given the way most of the you boob maestros work, he's probably not even going to hint at what his point is going to be for another fifteen minutes and another 1,500 terrible grating laughs.

What is the laugh all about? The standard of CTs is dropping considerably.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Flookie

• Venus
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »
...current Flat Earth nonsense, but we all know how that is snow-balling out of control.

I don't know why Amazon thought I would want to read a Flat Earth book but the enthusiastic reviews included the beautiful line:
"why are some of the smartest people out there, people I look up to because they themselves are truth seekers, still submitting to the Globe earth model?"

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 12:27:49 PM »
So Bertie I have been promoted to the honoured  ranks of being named in one of taffies videos. Along with yourself Brant and Phil Webb. Funny stuff but I could only watch 8 mins or so, his voice and insane thoughts, I can only take so much. :D
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 03:56:24 PM »
So Bertie I have been promoted to the honoured  ranks of being named in one of taffies videos. Along with yourself Brant and Phil Webb. Funny stuff but I could only watch 8 mins or so, his voice and insane thoughts, I can only take so much. :D
You have more fortitude than I.  Dropped him like a hot potato, after the last exchange of verbal insults not to exclude the stupidity and myopic eyesight he has.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Gazpar

• Earth
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 02:29:33 AM »
...current Flat Earth nonsense, but we all know how that is snow-balling out of control.

I don't know why Amazon thought I would want to read a Flat Earth book but the enthusiastic reviews included the beautiful line:
"why are some of the smartest people out there, people I look up to because they themselves are truth seekers, still submitting to the Globe earth model?"
Maybe they don't believe it because they are smart enough to know it is not true? ::)

Offline Flookie

• Venus
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 09:12:58 PM »

Maybe they don't believe it because they are smart enough to know it is not true? ::)

I left a comment to that effect. I couldn't believe that someone could write that without thinking what they were saying although the enthusiastic outpourings of most would suggest few questions were being asked generally.

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 01:43:29 AM »
@BertieSlack:

I'm still looking forward to the one where says he will show that my one-frame "subliminal" joke picture of Shannon Elizabeth in one of my videos was actually inserted by a whistleblower. Has he given any thought to how someone would insert something into someone else's YouTube video??
And I'm anticipating his demonstration of putting a writing pad and a pencil on a table, supposedly proving that the Hasselblad cameras never went to the moon.
(Thanks for telling me about those, Bertie.)
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 04:07:32 PM »
@BertieSlack:

I'm still looking forward to the one where says he will show that my one-frame "subliminal" joke picture of Shannon Elizabeth in one of my videos was actually inserted by a whistleblower. Has he given any thought to how someone would insert something into someone else's YouTube video??
And I'm anticipating his demonstration of putting a writing pad and a pencil on a table, supposedly proving that the Hasselblad cameras never went to the moon.
(Thanks for telling me about those, Bertie.)

Have you seen his latest video? It's aimed directly at you.