Off Topic > Tech Support

Mobile devices

(1/3) > >>

LunarOrbit:
I'm curious to know whether anyone besides me ever used the Proboards app for iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad) or Android devices. There is an app that you can use called Tapatalk that will let you access the new forum the same way, but I have to allow it first. Tapatalk actually made the Proboards app, so I suspect this app would be quite similar.

The only reason I haven't just gone ahead and allowed this app to access the new forum is because once I do it will popup a message whenever you access the forum directly on your device that says there is an app available, which could be annoying if you have no interest in using the app.

gillianren:
You have to have a mobile device before you can access the board using one!

Echnaton:
I occasionally accessed the old forum from my iPhone, but never thought the proboards app was worth buying.  But an app that can allow me to access this and other forums running the same software, would be worth looking into. 

Not Myself:

--- Quote from: LunarOrbit on February 26, 2012, 03:55:16 PM ---I'm curious to know whether anyone besides me ever used the Proboards app for iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad) or Android devices. There is an app that you can use called Tapatalk that will let you access the new forum the same way, but I have to allow it first. Tapatalk actually made the Proboards app, so I suspect this app would be quite similar.
--- End quote ---

Got the message all the time, but never took advantage of Proboards' generous offer.

--- Quote from: LunarOrbit on February 26, 2012, 03:55:16 PM ---The only reason I haven't just gone ahead and allowed this app to access the new forum is because once I do it will popup a message whenever you access the forum directly on your device that says there is an app available, which could be annoying if you have no interest in using the app.
--- End quote ---

Rather how I felt about the Proboards app, but it was a minor annoyance.  And I'm an infrequent enough user that I should probably receive relatively low weighting in the decision-making process.

AtomicDog:
Please, no. That nag was annoying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version