Announcements > Announcements

Discussing The Forum Rules

<< < (11/12) > >>

Neil Baker:
I think Christopher Hitchens said it about as well as anyone. Please take the time to listen.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KIU96N7ciXM

LunarOrbit:
Christopher Hitchens was talking about protecting speech from government censorship. The last time I checked, I'm not the government and you haven't been imprisoned for your beliefs.

Your right to free speech only means you can't be restricted from expressing your beliefs by the government. It does not mean I am required to give you a platform to do so. I pay for this forum, and I have the same right to kick you out of my forum that I have to kick you out of my home. All you have to do is give me a reason to not like you.

As I've said before, you're free to start your own forum if you don't like how I run this one.

bknight:

--- Quote from: LunarOrbit on September 13, 2015, 11:40:02 AM ---Christopher Hitchens was talking about protecting speech from government censorship. The last time I checked, I'm not the government and you haven't been imprisoned for your beliefs.

Your right to free speech only means you can't be restricted from expressing your beliefs by the government. It does not mean I am required to give you a platform to do so. I pay for this forum, and I have the same right to kick you out of my forum that I have to kick you out of my home. All you have to do is give me a reason to not like you.

As I've said before, you're free to start your own forum if you don't like how I run this one.

--- End quote ---
I think Mr. Baker does not have the capacity to equate the government censorship with personal beliefs.  You have stated the obvious as to his course of actions many times and he still doesn't get it. 

Zakalwe:

--- Quote from: LunarOrbit on September 13, 2015, 11:40:02 AM ---Christopher Hitchens was talking about protecting speech from government censorship. The last time I checked, I'm not the government and you haven't been imprisoned for your beliefs.

--- End quote ---

Its more than likely that Baker considers you to be a paid shill for NASA, therefore on the gubernmint's payroll. So he will equate his moderated status with being denied his right to free speech.  ::)

xkcd, as usual, hits the nail squarely on the head....

Abaddon:

--- Quote from: Neil Baker on September 12, 2015, 10:11:36 PM ---I think Christopher Hitchens said it about as well as anyone. Please take the time to listen.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KIU96N7ciXM

--- End quote ---
This is a privately owned and run website. The owner is perfectly entitled to lay down whatever rules they prefer.

Your issue is not a freedom of speech issue.

Your issue is that you want to dictate which rules apply in a private venue just to suit whatever your agenda is.

It doesn't work that way. Nor can you force it to work that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version