Author Topic: Visiting New Zealand  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
Visiting New Zealand
« on: April 28, 2022, 12:29:54 AM »
Can some locals give advice about things to see & do in NZ? We planning to fly into Auckland on a Saturday (in Oct 22), spend a couple of days there before getting a cruise ship back to Oz.

We'll be in each of the following ports for a day, mostly getting alongside at 0800 and sailing at 1800:

- Tauranga
- Christchurch (Lyttelton)
- Dunedin (Port Chalmers)

Looking for space / aviation / technology attractions. Something my wife will really enjoy.......

Suggestions?

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Visiting New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 06:29:13 AM »
Can some locals give advice about things to see & do in NZ? We planning to fly into Auckland on a Saturday (in Oct 22), spend a couple of days there before getting a cruise ship back to Oz.

We'll be in each of the following ports for a day, mostly getting alongside at 0800 and sailing at 1800:

- Tauranga
- Christchurch (Lyttelton)
- Dunedin (Port Chalmers)

Looking for space / aviation / technology attractions. Something my wife will really enjoy.......

Suggestions?

Not much in the way of space technology here. Unlike SpaceX's mission control facility at Hawthorne, Rocketlab Mission Control in Auckland is closed to the public.

I haven't lived in the North Isand, let alone Auckland, for over 40 years, but the Museum of Transport and Technology is worth visiting...

https://www.motat.nz/

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Re: Visiting New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 09:29:52 AM »
In Tauranga you could visit one of my nephews!