Off Topic > Other Conspiracy Theories

Flat Earth

<< < (23/23)

VQ:
Another decent source here:

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/23/808645524/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-killed-in-crash-of-homemade-rocket

No video of the fatal accident, though there is one of a previous (2018) launch.

It sounds like Hughes was well aware that what he was doing was dangerous, but that doesn't make it any less tragic or less painful for those who cared about him.

The early parachute deployment sounds similar to the failure mode that nearly killed Knievel on his Snake River jump.

--- Quote from: LunarOrbit on February 18, 2020, 09:55:12 AM ---There is a documentary on Netflix called "Behind the Curve" that has Mark K. Sargent (that idiot) in it. It doesn't try to convince you that the Earth is flat, it's more about the people who believe it. I don't want to spoil it for you, but there's a funny bit where a group of them spends $20,000 on a device that is supposed to measure the rotation of the Earth... and it does exactly that... but they think it's faulty.

--- End quote ---

I appreciated that documentary's use of interviews with actual scientists to include the viewpoint that to some extent, the prominence of anti-science CTs is the product of inadequate science outreach.

Zakalwe:

--- Quote from: VQ on February 25, 2020, 04:40:50 PM ---Another decent source here:

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/23/808645524/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-killed-in-crash-of-homemade-rocket

No video of the fatal accident, though there is one of a previous (2018) launch.

It sounds like Hughes was well aware that what he was doing was dangerous, but that doesn't make it any less tragic or less painful for those who cared about him.

The early parachute deployment sounds similar to the failure mode that nearly killed Knievel on his Snake River jump.

--- End quote ---

There's plenty of videos available on YT. The parachute got snagged in something and partially deployed into the motor's exhaust. It was was ripped apart shortly thereafter.
There didn't appear to be any reserve parachute, or if there was, it wasn't deployed.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Bryanpoprobson:
This has to be the stupidest man on WooTube, just so funny. Wait until he gets to the bit where he says that if America, South America, Africa and Australia get days of 12 hours of sunlight, that adds up to 48 hours and there are only 24 hours in a day. Pure comedy gold.

This video must go viral. 😂😂😂

Jeff Raven:

--- Quote from: Bryanpoprobson on September 22, 2020, 05:19:30 PM ---This has to be the stupidest man on WooTube, just so funny. Wait until he gets to the bit where he says that if America, South America, Africa and Australia get days of 12 hours of sunlight, that adds up to 48 hours and there are only 24 hours in a day. Pure comedy gold.

This video must go viral. 😂😂😂

--- End quote ---

This is like a greatest hits of FE videos.  It could be used as a primer for all the woo that a person will encounter when dealing with Flerfers. That 48 hours of daylight is a new one for me - haven't seen that before. Makes me think of one of the major players in FE, who thought that 5 divided by 0 is 5, and couldn't figure out the internal angles of an equilateral triangle, blaming his "triangle calculator" for not helping him.

I also learned that the priests, Sunday School teachers, etc., that taught me while growing up apparently didn't do their jobs, because I didn't realize that there was a Roman Catholic Sun God that we supposedly worship. I wonder if it's too late for me to correct that?   ;)

smartcooky:
Oh... My... Goodness! Is this guy for real? Seriously? I mean, this isn't a Poe, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version