Author Topic: Doubting the Hasselblad - a professional photographer  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
Doubting the Hasselblad - a professional photographer
« on: October 06, 2022, 05:30:31 AM »
I was wondering if anyone would like to provide some comments on this video:

The presenter is a professional photographer who has a number of doubts about the ability of the Hasselblads to work on the Moon. Some of his questions I think I could answer, but there are others I don't know the answer to, in particular relating to the alterations made to the cameras for operation by the astronauts, and the effect of dust on the cameras.

Cheers!

Offline Ranb

• Mars
Re: Doubting the Hasselblad - a professional photographer
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 10:31:33 PM »
What little he has to say about the Hasselblad is unconvincing.  The other things he says about radiation levels and temperature are the same crap every other moonbat claims.

My reply to him;
Okay, you asked me to watch and comment.  Here goes.  You claim to be just asking questions, so does every other Apollo hoax proponent.  But the few answers you give or claims you make are without any supporting evidence. 

Why bother with making the cameras completely dust proof when they are attached to the astronaut's chest and not rolled around in the dust.  They get used on one mission then discarded.

The magazine protects the film that is on the spool on either side of the magazine.  You claim the magazine cannot be changed with the darkslide removed.  Your evidence that the Apollo magazines are the same as standard magazines is what exactly?  I never had a problem with film in a 35 mm cartridge being exposed when removed from the camera as long as it was wound in.  Why should a Hasselblad magazine be deficient in this manner?.

The film is in a magazine, not actually exposed to the sun's rays.  The magazine is not continuously exposed to sunlight either as the astronauts move around and it is in sunlight and shadow while used.

You accepted as true that water boils at room temperature in a vacuum.  It actually boils at far below room temperature in a vacuum.  You can look it up for yourself.

You claimed that the level of x-ray radiation on the moon is not known.  The astronauts actually carried radiation dosimeters with them.  You can look up their exposure online.

You claimed that x-rays will ruin film, but do not give radiation flux figures required for this to happen.  You also claim it is impossible to pass the Van Allen belts and live, even though you have no idea what the radiation levels are in the belts or on the moon.  Why do you object to further study of space medicine and radiation levels?  As a radiation worker for a shipyard, I welcome any further advances in our knowledge of how radiation affects our bodies.

The best thing I can say about your video is that it is a sloppy mess.

Ranb

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 05:44:38 PM »
Note: all the comments on the video seemed to me to be supportive. To test why this was the case I made some comments debunking many of his claims. They were removed within 1 hour, seems like he doesn’t like criticism. Flat Earth proponents  and Moon landing deniers like echo chambers, let them stew in their own ****.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 06:13:41 PM »
Yesterday I spent an hour just replying to the echo chamber.  It is full of the usual crap that deniers post.  I was a bit surprised that the claims in the video were no better when I watched it yesterday evening.

Did you downvote the video?  I only downvoted the video a few minutes ago.  I've got about 45 posts on that video page; I'll see how long the last.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 06:21:48 PM by Ranb »

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 03:50:42 AM »
My comment and my replies to others are still there.  No idea why he would delete yours.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 10:21:56 AM »
The magazines were modified by a company in Hollywood whose name escapes me at the moment. But yes, one of the things they did was to remove the dark slide interlock so that the magazine could be removed without it. The claim that they were stock magazines is just factually false.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2022, 05:07:45 PM »
Some of my replies to other comments disappear, not sure why.  Waste of time commenting on other replies as I've not seen an response to them.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 01:16:22 PM »
And not a few Apollo photos do show signs of being sun struck, especially those near the end of the roll. Just searching 'struck' on the Apollo Image Archive gives several examples. https://apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 02:36:44 PM »
I have contributed with a fair number of comments, and so far none of them seem to have vanished.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 02:15:27 AM »
And not a few Apollo photos do show signs of being sun struck, especially those near the end of the roll. Just searching 'struck' on the Apollo Image Archive gives several examples. https://apolloarchive.com/apollo_gallery.html

I'm pretty sure we have a sun-strike gallery over on Clavius.org. The way the back pressure plate forces the negative against the gate, there really isn't any way for light to get to many of the adjacent frames.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams