Author Topic: Oh those Russians - website of articles  (Read 2712 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Oh those Russians - website of articles
« on: July 29, 2022, 03:09:38 AM »
You knownthise pretend Russian academics Aulis keep digging up? Seems they are busier than you might think.

This site https://manonmoon.ru/ (Google translate is your friend) was promoted on a Facebook group as proof that the Russians do (as opposed to 'did') question the landings.

They might question it, but their answers aren't up to much. Still, I learned a few things. An interesting article pointing out disappearing Apollo 11 insignia on the suits revealed how TV intercut footage of the countdown rehearsals with actual live footage - something that the author apparently couldn't work out with 3 seconds of googling.

There's another interesting one claiming that they used the ATS-3 satellite to generate images of Earth (nope) and that only 1 image of Earth was made available to the public for Apollo 11 (also nope)

Happy reading.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Oh those Russians - website of articles
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 01:30:21 AM »
(NASA - National American Space Agency) --- in the very first line! Bwahahaha! Academics my arse!!

Credibility goooone! No need to read past that point!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 04:20:26 PM »
But the site probably produces fodder for the ignorant to spew on the normal disinformation avenues like FB, YT etc.  I ran across this "gem" a couple of months ago, bad to the bone, but that doesn't stop those who wish to stand up and beat their chests.

ETA:  Forgot to post the link

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 04:23:15 PM by bknight »
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 06:54:58 AM »
As always with these claims you get to learn something. The author's claims about the satellite photographs (apart from being based on a priori conclusions) are based largely on a lack of knowledge about how much data from them were publicly available and how they worked. They've assumed, for example, that because ATS-1 could relay colour TV that it could take colour images (it couldn't). There's much more that I've now addressed on my site, but the main benefit was uncovering in their references a host of issues of 'Earth and Universe', a Russian language journal from the period that has lots of lunar exploration stuff in it. There's even a reproduction of the 'C rock's photo without the 'C'!

The list of articles and subjects under each year has a number in brackets that corresponds to the issue it's in

http://publ.lib.ru/ARCHIVES/Z/''Zemlya_i_Vselennaya''/_''ZiV''_196x_.html

« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 06:56:56 AM by onebigmonkey »