Author Topic: Jarrah White  (Read 37873 times)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Jarrah White
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 02:34:32 AM »
I am an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Chief Engineer (hence the moniker) for a large Asian airline's training facility.

I am a former Avionics Engineer (ex-Air Force) I have worked at both ends of the job; Flight Line to Depot Level and everything between on C130Ks, P3K Orions, A4K Skyhawks, BAC Strikemasters, plus Huey, Wasp and Sioux choppers, as well as ground installations like TACAN, VOR-DME, Control Tower Communication systems, Surveillance Radar and PAR.

Unfortunately over the years I have forgotten a lot of the technical knowledge I once had.

I know the feeling well, but I find that sometimes someone will mention something, and whole bunches of stiff I thought I had forgotten comes flooding back.

A sign of age perhaps?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 09:44:14 AM »
Hello all,

Recent member, first time poster. I have had the misfortune to stumble across the Youtube channel of a young fellow by the name of Jarrah White. I did some Google searches a few weeks ago and found your website although this is the first opportunity to post.

How much does anybody know about this person? He claims to be undertaking an BSc in astrophysics but I can't believe that anyone who has finished the first year would continue to believe his own nonsense. There are only three or four universities in Sydney who offer a astrophysics major as far as I can find and I wonder which one he claims to frequent.

I'm probably teaching how to suck eggs, but has anyone offered to debate with him in a public forum?

Apologies for a lacklustre post but I am still in shock.

To quote Maxwell Smart,

Sorry about that, Chief.

On behalf of all Australians who post on this forum, I'd like to apologise for the ignorance and arrogance spread by Jarrah. Trust me, just because we're Aussies doesn't mean we believe a word he says...
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 10:08:51 AM »

To quote Maxwell Smart,

Sorry about that, Chief.

On behalf of all Australians who post on this forum, I'd like to apologise for the ignorance and arrogance spread by Jarrah. Trust me, just because we're Aussies doesn't mean we believe a word he says...

I think, that's similar to people in other countries and their conspirasheeps (or better to say conspiracy advocates). Here in Germany we have Gerhard Wisnewski, a former journalist and filmmaker (not Sibrel-style, but the same intention). Be sure, Wisnewski isn't important enough here  ;D

And the Netherlands... well... they have Adrian. I know several Dutch people, including my prospective daughter-in-law. She lives in Tilburg, she has the feeling to know him because she knows both adresses from the domain registry information. Steph did a small research in Tilburg with the result: Nobody there gives a damn about Adrian.  ;D
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 11:35:51 AM »
Unfortunately over the years I have forgotten a lot of the technical knowledge I once had.

I know what you mean.  I graduated with a civil engineering degree and then choose a career in construction.  Being on the construction side rather than the design side, I forgot much of what I learned.  I couldn't design a simple beam for you right now without digging out my old text books and relearning it.  That's one of the reason I've enjoyed so much learning about the mathematical side of Apollo, such as the orbital mechanics, because it's given the chance to use my engineering fundamentals, which likely would have also been lost had I not taken up that interest.

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 01:03:58 PM »
Jarrah White claims to have been a space enthusiast and fan of space exploration, (including Apollo), when he was a child. Actually, I believe him. Somewhere along the line he came across the writings of Ralph Rene and Bill Kaysing. Perhaps he had not yet reached an age where he realized that people can be very persuasive while talking utter nonsense. Their claims apparently made sense to him because at that time, Jarrah just didn't know or understand the principles well enough to spot their errors. A bias against Apollo was established.

Now add to that certain personality traits which would tend to immerse someone in a conspiracy theory. In my opinion, he is very self-centered and intent on distinguishing himself somehow. He has also apparently acquired the notion that he can talk his way around anything, and that he has a superior intellect. I imagine him thinking, "I have to be right because I'm,... well,... me!"

He wants to become an astronaut. He envisions himself being among the first to go to Mars. So it looks to me like a case of sour grapes. Through his 20's, he probably doubted that he could get the necessary credentials to become an astronaut, so he jealously defamed NASA and real astronauts. Nevertheless, at the age of 30 or 31, he decided to start his college education. Yes, now he actually believes he can get the necessary credentials and still be young enough to become an astronaut. Oh, and he plans to do this without any involvement with NASA.

Along the same lines, and another indication of his tendency to think in very unrealistic terms, he posted some 20 videos soliciting 300 million dollars to go on a (non-landing) trip to the moon and back. It was a promotion offered by the Russians. He actually believes he can raise that kind of money by e-begging. When I pointed out to him that he had long asserted that radiation would kill any astronaut on a lunar mission, he stated that he would be glad to give his life for the truth. Another example of his "thinking" is how he demonstrated his sincerity by claiming he donated $50 to his own fund-raiser. He considers that putting his money where his mouth is.

He has frequently demonstrated an inability to think logically, often drawing irrational conclusions from premises. YouTube user KalelJordanKent, aka Proppagannis, parodied it this way, "2 plus 3 times a cow born on Thursday in a leap year = fruit pies." (I've dubbed that the "Kalel Axiom".) On more than one occasion White has used evidence from one thing he claims is fake in order to disprove something else he claims is fake. Two examples: first, although he believes Apollo was faked, he compared slight, (and very explainable), differences in the lunar terrain in the Apollo 17 ascent film to images from LRO. He concluded that LRO was fake because of those differences. Second, he cites the differences in Chang'e 3 and Apollo lunar soil chemistry analysis as proof that Apollo was faked. But wait...he claims Chang'e 3 was faked, too! (I've suggested calling this a "Jarrahdox.")

In my opinion, these examples of his reasoning ability, along with what I believe to be a weakness in math aptitude, would make it difficult if not impossible for him to get a degree in astrophysics. That shouldn't hinder his aspirations of becoming a hoax celebrity, though. His hero, Rene, had no college degree, and his other hero, Kaysing, only had a BA in English.

He is obviously an avid reader and dedicated researcher. He has actually acquired a great deal of technical and historical information from legitimate sources. This is to his credit. Unfortunately, his efforts over at least the last ten years have been dedicated to finding anything he can cook to give the appearance of supporting his position. It never seems to be a problem for him that not one of the real experts or insiders he quotes would ever give any credence to his hoax claims. Forest...trees...need I say more?

Finally, in his excessive sense of self-entitlement, he has filed at least 55 copyright infringement takedown notices on several other YouTubers. Every one of the videos he got YouTube to remove was clearly fair use. (The law requires Internet sites to remove any material on which a copyright infringement claim has been filed. YouTube is specifically prohibited from making their own judgment.) However, Jarrah has his own legal standards, which he imposes on other users. He thinks copyright infringement complaints are justified if he doesn't like what the video-maker has to say. His malice was illustrated by the fact that on three of the accounts he attacked, he deliberately split those DMCA complaints over several days in order to maximize the strikes YouTube would issue to those accounts, resulting in their termination. Even after numerous takedowns were counter-notified by his victims and the videos and accounts restored, he continued doing it. Finally, after about three years of people telling him what he was doing was illegal, I think he finally got the message. So then he found a way YouTube will remove videos, sight unseen, through certain kinds of community flags. Altogether, this serial censor has gotten YouTube to remove nearly 100 videos. (27 of those were mine).

The most despicable example of this that I know of was one of the most recent. He took down PhilWebb59's four excellent, scholarly videos on DMCA and YouTube takedowns by Jarrah. Phil makes extremely careful and well-researched videos. He also does _nothing_ in those videos which anyone would consider inappropriate. Within 24 hours of the removal of Phil's videos, (again, obviously sight unseen by YouTube administration), White uploaded his own video on DMCA, of course, with his own self-serving interpretation of the law and YouTube terms of service.

It is my hope that what time he spends in college will enlighten him. But what then? His life's work for almost a decade was denying Apollo. He's made over 400 videos on the subject. He's called nearly all of his opponents liars, including Jay, me, and maybe some others on this forum. But even if he made a complete retraction and removed all his videos, apologized to all the people he has falsely slandered, apologized for frivolously flagging or illegally DMCA-ing almost a hundred videos, he would still never be able to undo the damage he has done through the misinformation he has disseminated and the number of gullible or young followers he has wrongly inspired.
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 01:14:11 PM »
. . . And his other hero, Kaysing, only had a BA in English.

Is it my turn to apologize, this time for people with a BA in English?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Rob260259

• Earth
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »
Here is a small coin from the Netherlands; Jarrah White has invested a huge amount of time, energy, and above all, ego in his position. Yes, he probably began with a sincere but also naive belief, founded in ignorance,  that the Apollo moon landings really were faked. As he got further into the details of Apollo -and especially as others have patiently explained his errors in detail- he must have begun to have second thoughts. But by then it was too late. He had already committed himself publicly, and there was no turning back. I think his actions (abuse of the DMCA) toward his most effective critics belie what's really going on inside his head.

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 06:33:12 PM »
In respect to knowledge lost, which I certainly do lament, I often think to myself that if I knew it then I can certainly re-learn it now. Time is the issue hence researching information on the internet is about as much as I can give time for at the moment.

My son is a music major who had considered engineering to be his career path when he was at high school. He has a year left and through his studies has been exposed to experimental music which has piqued his interest in physics again and wants to continue studying a science degree part time. I told him that I would enrol with him and we could share the passion together.

I have often been asked, many, many time by my wife, why I bother arguing with conspiracy theorists.

My answer is that, first and foremost, with a degree of egotism I admit, I cannot abide stupid.

I can’t help it, it’s a failing I know. I was the child who always corrected others and it alienated me. Why were they not interested in getting it right or seeking knowledge? I just couldn’t understand it.

As I got older I wised up and let things go for my own social benefit, although to this day I have a problem with small talk. If someone doesn’t pique my interest I just don’t really want to waste my time with them. With age however I found it more and more difficult to tolerate wanton ignorance.

Conspiracy theorists are the epitome of wanton ignorance and self-congratulation.  They drag the reputation of those who have achieved, often with great risk, through the mud. The blood, sweat and tears, long, long hours of work away from loved ones for the benefit and wonder of mankind.

The antagonism towards scientists who “blindly follow what they are told” enrages me. These people don’t even seem to understand that the only reason they can communicate online, drive to work, fly to another country, cook their food, watch TV, live long and healthy lives, is purely because of science and the people who do, really, understand it.

If we don’t fight this level of ignorance, it will spread. People will doubt because they did not live through it. Anti - vaccination is a clear example of this. How many people in first world countries do you see with the effects of polio these days? I had three children in my primary school who did.
These days the younger generations have been spared and most of them wouldn’t know what polio is. Due to immunisation.

Bad information gets about so easily these days, I have a friend in Europe who blames everything on the ‘Zionists’. Every major event, from the MH370 loss to the Paris shootings even school shootings in the states were false flag events. He posts all of this on facebook. People read it, some will believe it. I never miss an opportunity to counter his arguments. In fact I joined facebook for that reason.

It is an insult to all the people who strived, who died, who selflessly sacrificed for one reason or another, and it is not something to brush off or ignore. History needs to be preserved.

I watched Interstellar for the first time last night. Matthew McConaughey’s character was called in to discuss his children’s behaviour. His daughter’s teacher’s complaint was that she had brought a book on the Apollo missions to school and spreading lies because the official school text stated that the missions were faked to bankrupt the Soviet Union. Could this become reality if we don’t stop the stupid?

More rambling's I'm afraid and, I suspect, mostly off topic, but it's good to find like minded people who do understand.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:35:24 PM by Chief »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 07:48:16 PM »
I watched Interstellar for the first time last night. Matthew McConaughey’s character was called in to discuss his children’s behaviour. His daughter’s teacher’s complaint was that she had brought a book on the Apollo missions to school and spreading lies because the official school text stated that the missions were faked to bankrupt the Soviet Union. Could this become reality if we don’t stop the stupid?

I smiled when I heard that, and my partner dug me gently in the ribs.

Its a proposal that has been debunked of course. If Apollo was faked to bankrupt the Russians, why keep faking it ...

a. when the Russians denied even having a Moon programme at the time the Apollo program started?

b. after the Russians stopped trying to get to the Moon?

c. When the Russians didn't get bankrupted?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:01:46 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2015, 08:39:17 PM »
I guess it can be said that all the hoax theories can be debunked, but the believers will be in denial and the rest just don't care.

The fall back on tired arguments, e.g. You can't trust NASA or the scientific world in general or that we just blindly believe what we are told, are used as an "out", frustrates me no end. It's nothing more than fingers in ears and la, la, la.

Even my brother asked me how much I was being paid! My response was nothing of course but when the NWO comes into place and they are throwing people in the FEMA death camps, they will recognise me and offer membership to the Elite.

Jarrah White uses some very 'clever' words and phrases. Clearly, obviously, plain to see, would have to etc. He leads the viewer and forces them to accept his way of thinking. He is a fast talker and appears to hammer the smallest of details to make a point.

I noticed he also refers to a lot of older texts and reports pre Apollo and passes them off as the only information available. No one could possibly have made any more discoveries beyond 1963.

His experiments are asinine to the extreme. And his voice grates on me. Funnier still is the voice over person he uses to read Jay Windley's comments. Is that done on purpose I wonder?

He is good at creating, fast talking videos with the appearance of deep research. And I would say he is probably the most dangerous conspiracy theorist out there at the moment for that reason. Obviously they are a total pile of the proverbial and my hope is as long as he stays on Youtube he will eventually burn out or give up. He may even change his profession from movie maker to Astrophysicist in four or five decades.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:41:42 PM by Chief »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 11:41:29 PM »
He is good at creating, fast talking videos with the appearance of deep research. And I would say he is probably the most dangerous conspiracy theorist out there at the moment for that reason. Obviously they are a total pile of the proverbial and my hope is as long as he stays on Youtube he will eventually burn out or give up. He may even change his profession from movie maker to Astrophysicist in four or five decades.

Some time ago, I guy called S G Collins (a film-maker) posted a video explaining that it was technologically impossible to have created a faked video record of Apollo by filming it here on Earth. If you haven't seen it, it is well worth the 13 minutes or so to watch...

The Blunder was not happy when he saw this. Not happy at all!

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 12:26:01 AM »
Just watched it, thanks for the link. This guy has my sense of humour.

It's very logical and well explained, I wonder if JW responded to this. He more than likely did. He could not have let that pass.

Seeing as it's NASA we're talking about, they would have had all sorts of secret equipment that could have achieved a fake video. Naturally.

I know he goes on (JW) about slow motion but has he ever tried to explain the dirt kicked up behind the rover wheels or the behaviour of any of the dirt for that matter? That to me is the single most valuable piece of evidence that proves they were on the moon. 

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 12:41:00 AM »
Jarrah - If you're watching, this is for you:
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 01:23:50 AM »
I must be crazy but I found Jarrah's response.

If he thinks that's the equipment NASA used then he also needs to prove that they used it. It's not enough to use the old woulda, shoulda, coulda. He has zero evidence that what he was spewing was actually the way it was.

SG Collins on the other hand, actually gave an explanation to the rainbow effect on the return launch which I have always wondered about.

Jarrah likes to attack and mock. It's obvious you have to be very careful when addressing him because he will use every reasonable comment and turn it against you. SG made the innocent comment that he did was unsure whether they went to the moon or not but only suggesting it would be impossible to fake the videos. Thus inferring that they must have gone. All Jarrah used was the first part of the statement to ridicule.

I will give him one house point for appearing to do some heavy research, but take 10 house points away for the saliva he must have sprayed everywhere through his ravenous eagerness to prove SG Collins wrong or incompetent.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 02:05:51 AM »
As the self-appointed "grandson of the Apollo hoax" Jarrah seems to think that anyone, especially someone well known, who publicly debunks an Apollo hoax claim is obligated to consult him first. He has a history of stalking not only our own Jay Windley but also Phil Plait and especially the Mythbusters, who had the temerity to devote an entire episode to the subject in 2009 without consulting him even once.

Here's a more recent example of him throwing a snit at yet another well-done bust of a hoax claim: