Author Topic: Jarrah White  (Read 36509 times)

Offline Chief

• Venus
Jarrah White
« on: January 28, 2015, 02:22:45 AM »
Hello all,

Recent member, first time poster. I have had the misfortune to stumble across the Youtube channel of a young fellow by the name of Jarrah White. I did some Google searches a few weeks ago and found your website although this is the first opportunity to post.

How much does anybody know about this person? He claims to be undertaking an BSc in astrophysics but I can't believe that anyone who has finished the first year would continue to believe his own nonsense. There are only three or four universities in Sydney who offer a astrophysics major as far as I can find and I wonder which one he claims to frequent.

I'm probably teaching how to suck eggs, but has anyone offered to debate with him in a public forum?

Apologies for a lacklustre post but I am still in shock.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Re: Jarrah White
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:52:55 AM »
Oh yes. He has been debated on IMDB - search for Bart Sibrels "A Funny thing happened on the way to the moon" and look in the forum section. JayUtah took him on. Just remember, most of Jarrah's comments has been deleted, probably because he did not want a public record of his nonsense.

He's well known - look for Astrobrant2's and others youtubechannels where his nonsense has been dissected (dismantled? dismembered!). I'll find a few links for you when I get power back. I'm on battery for the time being - utilities work.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 08:19:44 AM »
His videos are presented with a tone of confidence and competence, but when questioned he is ignorant and foul mouthed.  He eschews public discussion of his ideas and has retreated to his own little YouTube world, in which he is the master over a handful of sycophants.

It is indeed difficult to reconcile his past writings with the pursuit of a degree in physics.  I remain skeptical that his years of work and deep commitment to conspiracy can be undone by education.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
It is indeed difficult to reconcile his past writings with the pursuit of a degree in physics.

It's also difficult to reconcile his blatant mathematical incompetence with the pursuit of a degree in physics (or any science subject)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 11:19:55 AM »
It's also difficult to reconcile his blatant mathematical incompetence with the pursuit of a degree in physics (or any science subject)

Indeed his first downfall at IMDb was a fairly straightforward application of calculus.  Or rather, his repeated and continuing failure to understand why the technique is necessary.  His second downfall was a retreat to his previous foul-mouthed posting style, which prompted a moderator response.  Apparently he tried to spin the moderator's actions as censorship, giving him a justification to resign from the debate -- a debate he himself demanded, by the way.  It's no surprise to me that he has tried to remove evidence of his public performance.  It's widely believed here that Jarrah reads this forum but is afraid to post in it.

But to return to the point -- no, I find it utterly incredible that a college degree program in physics would accept him, given his ongoing incompetence.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 01:21:13 PM »
He's basically my demonstration of "you have to know more science than I do to disprove a Moon landing."  I wouldn't be able to do the calculus, either, but at least I understand that it's necessary.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 01:44:56 PM »
I wouldn't be able to do the calculus, either, but at least I understand that it's necessary.

But more importantly, you don't have the hubris to try dumbing down the problem and oversimplifying the underlying behavior so that it did fit your understanding, then pretending to the world that by that means you've overturned a well-established point of science and history, then refusing to be quizzed on it by qualified experts.

There are many more things in heaven and Earth than any one of us can dream about.  Not knowing calculus is no different than not knowing how to farm, or not knowing what the heck F. Scott Fitzgerald was talking about.  I sit through these workshops at Sundance Film Festival (happening this week) kind of wishing I'd taken more film classes.  But then again I don't stand up in the middle of them and shake my fist at these eminent practitioners and accuse them of all manner of disingenuity.  Brad Pitt still looks like he could kick my butt.

The sheer arrogance in the combination of behaviors some people exhibit is what makes us weep for the species.  The (1) ignorance, (2) the loud pleas for attention, and (3) the evasion of accountability are unproductive, indicative of irrelevance, and very off-putting.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 02:37:58 PM »
Brad Pitt still looks like he could kick my butt.

Many actors are actually accomplished martial artists. Ed O'Neil (Al Bundy) is a black belt in brazillian jiujitsu - and those belts aren't handed out without a certain skill. Also, Milla Jovovic and the late Michael Clarke Duncan has practised BJJ.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 02:51:13 PM »
I've had plenty of training -- in stage combat, but I think my best bet is a hasty retreat.  I'm acclimated to Park City's altitude (ca. 7,000 ft.) and he is not.  ;D

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 04:29:24 PM »
Best weapon in h2h combat is a mile. Between your attacker and you.

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Thanks for the links Allan, I will take a look at them. Obviously I don't need convincing but I would like to see logical rebuttals and extend my knowledge.

I am, for want of a better term, anti-conspiracy and I have debated/argued with many 'open minded' individuals who never cease to astound me with their intellect. Unfortunately my dear brother being one of them.

I never enter into the big bad government debate, I simply indicate that, although my belief is that the powers that be are not conducting any sort of campaign of conspiracy, I have no evidence or knowledge either way so I don't make comment on that. However, I defend on the science and technical side, albeit in layman's terms, and have won some over to reason.

The worst kind of conspiracy theorist sees conspiracy in everything. I was told once that it is like opening a flood gate to a higher understanding and once you see the patterns they cant be 'unseen'. You can't un-break your virginity, was the term. They can tell that every major violent event is a false flag orchestrated to support some sort of agenda. That is of course their whole problem but they can't see it.

Anyhow there is a great deal of information on this forum which I will absorb over time, I am not usually a frequent poster but I will browse from time to time and give my input if I can.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 10:28:34 PM »
Feel free to ask any question you might think of. There are people here who have vast expertise, and are willing to share.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 11:45:20 PM »
It's widely believed here that Jarrah reads this forum but is afraid to post in it.
Actually, I would find it just astonishing if he didn't frequently visit this forum. Any kind of internet search including the terms Apollo and Hoax is going to land you here eventually. He's bound to check here regularly just in case one of the NASA shills let something slip!

Feel free to ask any question you might think of. There are people here who have vast expertise, and are willing to share.

And among those here who willing to share are REAL scientists, REAL mathematicians, REAL aerospace engineers, REAL pilots, and people who actually work on various aspects of the current space program e.g. some that work for payload contractors.

Anyhow there is a great deal of information on this forum which I will absorb over time, I am not usually a frequent poster but I will browse from time to time and give my input if I can.

Another place you might like to look at is www.clavius.org - This is Jay's baby (one that I note he was too modest to point out.)

It is full of useful, well organised information about the Reality of Apollo, and a great site to find material to debunk hoaxtards.

Incidentally, if while reading this forum, you happen to stumble upon references to "The Blunder" (from down under), or "He Who Shall Not Be named", they are referring to Mr White!

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Chief

• Venus
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 12:26:14 AM »
I had a look a clavius this morning after seeing the link on the home page, nothing in-depth (That is my perusal)  but very interesting and valuable.

I am an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Chief Engineer (hence the moniker) for a large Asian airline's training facility.

Unfortunately over the years I have forgotten a lot of the technical knowledge I once had.

I did two years of calculus, hmna years ago, and do you think I could do a simple Integration now! well simple maybe - if I was reminded how to do it, this morning I had to remember how to create an equation from certain variables and solve for one of them. It took me about half an hour. 

It is all management now I'm afraid. That's why I like to try and keep my head in lots of information. This forum is a wealth of knowledge of which I could well be in need of.

I also had a look at some of Astrobrant's responses to JW. Very good indeed. On one of the LRO videos, where he was just showing a negative of the infra red image, it sort of leads me to the conclusion that the young man may not believe what he is presenting and is being devious in the extreme.

I'll keep on with the quest.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:28:21 AM by Chief »