Author Topic: Is it possible to convert a HB?  (Read 34605 times)

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
Re: Is it possible to convert a HB?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 06:01:16 AM »

..and if we converted our Dutch friend??

OMG, perish the thought! I would not want him on our side. I'd prefer that he just quit.
Now Hunchie is a different story. I've always hoped he would see the light. (Isn't he Dutch, too?)

French.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 06:30:16 AM »

This guy had converted? Wow, that's really impressive and new for me. I only was aware of another youtuber (NASAvsPete) who was converted by GoneToPlaid.

No, he didn't actually convert. I believe he faked it. See my previous comment about that. (NASA vs PETE)

In addition to the appearance of Sarah on YouTube, there was a discussion between Pete and me regarding a photo he used in a video to make a point about shadows. (He said he took the photo.) I told him I was going to post a video showing how the photo was deliberately faked. He took the video down and suddenly started getting very friendly with me. Within a day or two he announced his conversion. So it could also have been a dodge to prevent me from revealing his deception.

There are several possibilities for his "conversion," including the possibility that he really did convert and then changed his mind.

BTW, does anybody know if NASACrooks is Pete? (It's the account with that horrible clown picture of Buzz for an avatar).

I believe, NASACrooks is Potrodsas (the guy who faked the picture with stars in the sky by day photographed from a moving plane). Same quotes ("now we all know that Apollo was faked..."), clown avatar and the usual claims without any evidences.
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 06:36:19 AM »

I was in a debate with a youtube poster, who has been banned countless times because of his rudeness (fuckedyoutube74, humanmonkeyrace etc etc). I told him this: Imaging to be a HB and having this one on my side, this would be one of the best reasons to convert immediately.

Bottom line: There are some, you can't convince, even if you present them the proof on a silver plate, even if you visit them personally with experts and show them exactly, how Apollo happened. Alone the imagination of Adrian supporting my position is really... uuuuhm... NOOOOOO.  ;D

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 06:39:30 AM »
Isn't that the same as NasaCrooks?
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 07:29:30 AM »
Isn't that the same as NasaCrooks?

You mean fuckutube or humanmonkeyrace? No, this one is a very special one. He is from UK, potrodsas is from Greece. Potrodsas doesn't respond really to any comments (only some HBs' commonplaces), the other one asks the old fashioned questions (why no stars, waving flag etc etc) and doesn't get even the simpliest basics right.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 10:36:08 AM »

OMG, perish the thought! I would not want him on our side. I'd prefer that he just quit.
Now Hunchie is a different story. I've always hoped he would see the light. (Isn't he Dutch, too?)

We both know that Hunchie can't see, which is half his problem.  And definitely French - claims to be a graduate of the Institut Supérieur de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace, I think it was.

"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 12:02:34 PM »
... humanmonkeyrace?

I had forgotten all about him. Quite an entertaining fellow.  ???
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 12:20:43 PM »
... humanmonkeyrace?

Astrobrant devoted a video to his ravings.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:22:37 PM by Bryanpoprobson »
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 12:39:40 PM »
... humanmonkeyrace?

Yeah, I know this video, saw it some time ago. But I wasn't aware that it was created by Astrobrant. Good job. And I remember some of humanmonkeyraces's famous quotes (not that he has more the a couple  ;D)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 02:14:29 PM »
... humanmonkeyrace?

Holy Crap!!

I know we are not supposed to attribute that behaviour of HGs to mental issues, but I counted about 220 YT comments in 5 days. If that is not obsession, then I don't know what is!

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 01:18:36 AM »

Holy Crap!!

I know we are not supposed to attribute that behaviour of HGs to mental issues, but I counted about 220 YT comments in 5 days. If that is not obsession, then I don't know what is!

Keep in mind, almost all the ones I used in the video were his personal insults. He spammed at least as many copy & paste anti-NASA posts in the same amount of time. So double that number. He also switched back and forth between several accounts, posting the same kind of stuff. I think it's very possible that he posted over 500 comments in those five days. This was his typical rate and I know he did it for at least a couple of years.

Yes, that has to be a mental illness at work there.
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2014, 03:44:30 PM »

Keep in mind, almost all the ones I used in the video were his personal insults. He spammed at least as many copy & paste anti-NASA posts in the same amount of time. So double that number. He also switched back and forth between several accounts, posting the same kind of stuff. I think it's very possible that he posted over 500 comments in those five days. This was his typical rate and I know he did it for at least a couple of years.

Do you know, if he is active on youtube? I watched several clips but I didn't found new comments for the last three or four months.

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »

And he has the gall to criticise others for posting lots of comments and demand that they 'get a job'.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »

And he has the gall to criticise others for posting lots of comments and demand that they 'get a job'.

I smell a contradiction. Normally he says, his opponents are paid NASA shills. Doesn't this count as a job?  :D

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 04:01:05 PM »

I smell a contradiction. Normally he says, his opponents are paid NASA shills. Doesn't this count as a job?  :D

Good point!
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.