Author Topic: Good books about the moon landings hoax?  (Read 347476 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Good books about the moon landings hoax?
« Reply #795 on: October 02, 2014, 03:12:42 AM »
I am expecting Buzz Aldrin to make a confession soon possibly with an interview with Anna Botting of Sky News.  That will really put the cat among the pigeons !

I'm interested, Jock, why do you expect this?
This is what always happens    I knew something like this was going to happen - that why I told you in my previous post.    I didn’t know about this particular award but then no one would have known  if you chaps hadn’t looked for it and posted it here for all of us to see. jockndoris
Do you have information from an earthly source, or has a ghost told you to expect this?

Does your source identify what "soon" covers (weeks, months, years)?
soon looks like October 3 from where i am standing
If Aldrin does not make such a confession in a time that could reasonably be considered "soon" (say, one year), would you doubt your source (physical or paranormal)?
it'd be much easier if you learned how to use quotes properly Mr Burns...

So you reckon tomorrow? Hows about this wager then? Its easy money for you....

I am expecting Buzz Aldrin to make a confession soon possibly with an interview with Anna Botting of Sky News.

Really?
How soon is soon? By Christmas this year?
How confident are you of this? Would you be prepared to wager, say £1000?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #796 on: October 02, 2014, 03:24:18 AM »
Can anyone hear that odd noise?  Kind of a rippling, rustling sound?

I think a wild flounce approaches.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #797 on: October 02, 2014, 06:32:28 AM »
Can anyone hear that odd noise?  Kind of a rippling, rustling sound?

I think a wild flounce approaches.

Oh, I hope not.

I'd like some answers to these questions, please, Jockndoris:

1. If Apollo was faked how do you explain where the 380+ kilograms of Moon rocks and soil samples came from?

2. If Apollo was faked how do you explain how the footage was recorded of astronauts moving around in what appears to be a low-gravity vacuum?

3. If Apollo was faked how do you explain how the astronauts were able to discuss the news of the day and live sports scores during the missions?

4. If Apollo was faked how do you explain why the Soviets didn't say anything about the fake, especially as they had sources inside NASA providing them with lots of relevant data?

5. If Apollo was faked how do you explain how they faked zero gravity during live TV crosses during the journeys to and from the Moon?

Thank you.
Ecosia - the greenest way to search. You find what you need, Ecosia plants trees where they're needed. www.ecosia.org

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #798 on: October 02, 2014, 06:40:27 AM »
Just resorted to violence.

That was not violence but an attempt at percussive maintenance on a faulty device (otherwise known as BS's Brain).

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #799 on: October 02, 2014, 06:42:33 AM »
And...

6. How do you explain time and date specific images of Earth on TV, 16mm and still images taken during Apollo missions matching exactly what should be visible and what is referenced in the transcripts? Including those that prove your claims about playing golf with Apollo 11's crew to be a lie.

7. How do ypu explain the rocks, craters, tracks and hardware that are visible from Lunar Orbit as imaged by the LRO that match exactly Apollo TV, 16mm and still images?

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #800 on: October 02, 2014, 06:45:04 AM »
I'd like some answers to these questions, please, Jockndoris:

1. Ghosts
2. Ghosts
3. Ghosts
4. Ghosts
5. Ghosts

Offline Dr_Orpheus

• Venus
« Reply #801 on: October 02, 2014, 07:22:56 AM »
Another question for Burns.  Did Armstrong tell you if Gemini 8 was faked or not?   Allegedly, (I use the term "allegedly" merely for the sake of argument) NASA performed the first manned docking between two vehicles traveling at "huge speed" during that mission.   You claimed that this had minimal chance of success in your 1963 physics thesis.  Gemini had a less powerful computer than the Apollo spacecraft had onboard.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:26:08 AM by Dr_Orpheus »

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #802 on: October 02, 2014, 08:51:14 AM »
Easy, they used giant magnets disguised as the nose cone bit (I believe the technical term is "the front"). Of course, Gemini XIII they fitted it the wrong way around on one space craft so they kept spinning away from each other so that mission never gets a mention.

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #803 on: October 02, 2014, 08:58:32 AM »
Jock, you have a golden opportunity to prove us all wrong, just go to the ceremony and video Buzz saying that he played golf with you on July20th, 1969.

Or even better, video Buzz Aldrin saying, "Uh, I don't play golf."  Burns has yet to figure out that as soon as you start making testable claims about living persons, you first need to have done your homework.

Better still we must ask Anna Botting of Sky News to attend the ceremony and ask Buzz Aldrin afterwards....

I asked you....not Ms. Botting...

...about his confession

Are you now fantazing that Buzz has confessed something, somewhere?

Pay attention....there is NO confession.

...what a magnificent opportunity for him too because he will be outside the USA where maybe not all his secrecy restrictions apply...

It is totally irrational to believe that some sort of NASA "agents" have followed Buzz around...keeping him "quiet", for the last 40+ years.

You realize that, right?

This is starting to sound a lot like a "leg pull".
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:03:50 AM by RAF »

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #804 on: October 02, 2014, 09:21:26 AM »
Even if Mr Aldrin did turn around on TV and claim a hoax, the evidence would still say he went. Mr jockndoris, you are back to square one. Actual real evidence. Not flights of fancy.

And there are some nuggets in the timeline that are your nemesis (amongst all the rest) and you do not see them.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #805 on: October 02, 2014, 10:01:13 AM »

Not that I'm saying Ms Botting is in any particular danger, but maybe she'd best look both ways before crossing the street.  Otherwise she might spend eternity with Neil Burns on some faraway golf course talking about what a marvelous accountant he is.

At the risk of putting words in your mouth,  you are in essence saying. "Hell is other people Niel Burns."
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #806 on: October 02, 2014, 11:02:44 AM »
At the risk of putting words in your mouth,  you are in essence saying. "Hell is other people Niel Burns."

If you had read his book, you'd know the answer to that question.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #807 on: October 02, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »
Did Armstrong tell you if Gemini 8 was faked or not?

Burns gives no indication he knows what Project Gemini even was, and therefore -- predictably -- the ghost of Armstrong is entirely silent on the topic.  The ghost of Armstrong knows no more about space than Burns does, talks like Burns, and indeed exhibits all the misconceptions about NASA and the United States that Burns does.

You claimed that this had minimal chance of success in your 1963 physics thesis.

While Burns was writing his little study in ignorance for Prof. Allen, without the benefit of a proper education behind it, another person across the Atlantic was also finishing his doctoral dissertation that same year entitled "Line-of-sight guidance techniques for manned orbital rendezvous."  It was at a little school Burns may have heard of -- the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.  And its author is Edwin Eugene Aldrin Jr, Sc.D.  Yet another expert in orbital mechanics that Burns brushes aside in favor of a science-fiction author.

Instead of focusing on the golf Aldrin doesn't play (neither does Collins) and his short-lived boxing career, perhaps Burns should have spent his college days reading the subject for which he purports to have received his degree.  That way, perhaps Burns' books in the future, putatively on the subject of the space race, wouldn't sound like the senile ramblings of a pensioner on the subject of golf, ghosts, and accounting.  I'm sure Burns had a great time playing golf all through college, but I spent my college years studying how to build and fly air- and spacecraft.

And so did the men he accuses of lying about their achievements and whom he selfishly thinks are somehow now on the verge of validating his little pamphlet.

Gemini had a less powerful computer than the Apollo spacecraft had onboard.

Which, ultimately, was not always needed.  On his Gemini 9A [ETA: 12] mission, Aldrin proved what he had written in his thesis, namely that line-of-sight and a few computations he could do on his slide rule in the cockpit were all that were needed to rendezvous.

Unlike Burns, Aldrin is able to show the "highly complex" methods he used and explain how they work.  Unlike Burns, Aldrin is able to list and describe the "basic information" needed to perform these calculations -- e.g., the out-of-plane velocity change for non-coplanar orbits, computable according to his method from only two timed target position observations.  Unlike Burns, Aldrin's claims are spelled out in enough detail to have allowed even the Soviets to use a variant of his technique to rendezvous with one of their uncooperative space stations.

That's what it means to "stand by" something, Mr Burns.  Aldrin stands by his claims.  You do not.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:48:32 PM by JayUtah »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #808 on: October 02, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »
Including those that prove your claims about playing golf with Apollo 11's crew to be a lie.

Especially since neither Aldrin or Collins is a golfer -- a detail Burns could have discovered from even the smallest amount of research.  All the male characters in Burns' fiction are indistinguishable one from another, and all manage to be characterized as proper, well-spoken, U.K. gentlemen golfer types -- even the lackey from the "Military Base" who comes to the golf course to warn the crew they are wanted back at the regimental headquarters.

In the book, Burns mentions that several people told him he could not possibly have played at Navy Marine because it is a military-only course with a no-guest policy.  And Burns' answer in the book is just as slovenly evasive as all his answers are here.  He never explains how he was able to do what he claims to have done.  Even more dishonestly, he claims on his web site that he must have golfed with the crew on that day because "it's in the guest book!"  But he substantiates no such thing.  On his return to the course, ostensibly for the purpose of obtaining precisely that confirmation, he doesn't even inquire after it; he considers his fantasy of talking to Armstrong's ghost and time-traveling back to their fictional golf game a much better proposition than documentary proof.

So I called Navy Marine.  Would you like to surmise what they said about the notion of a guest book?  While the person I spoke to naturally does not remember Burns' recent visit, they confirmed that under no circumstances would a foreign civilian have been allowed to play the course in 1969.

Well, Mr Burns?  We've shown that you're no sort of expert on space travel, and you admitted that in fact it was not any part of your education.  And I've confirmed with the course that you did not play there in 1969 or ever.  In light of that, please explain exactly in what way you "stand by" your book.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #809 on: October 02, 2014, 12:19:29 PM »
So, I am idly wondering what the excuse will be *assuming* Burns even acknowledges that there was no Earth - shattering confession tomorrow?
1: Bigger boys threatened Aldrin  with Chinese burns and dead - legs if he fesses up,
2- NASA's MIB  division got to him and neuralysed him,
3- NASA ' shill  department held an emergency midnight meeting and doubled Aldrin's paycheck,
4- The ghost of Armstrong past visited Aldrin and convinced him to keep schtum until he passes away. Then both ghosts can visit a deluded English accountant who then goes on to write a sequel....
5- Sky News gets visited by the NASA strong - arm department. Anna Botting is spirited away for a spot of probing.
6- Aldrin actually does confess, live on the 6 PM news bulletin. However he disguises himself as a weather girl and encodes the confession in the weather report. Naturally, only Burns is able to decipher Aldrin's  cunning disguise and code.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:26:22 PM by Zakalwe »
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov