Author Topic: Visited another forum...  (Read 7954 times)

Offline scooter

• Venus
Visited another forum...
« on: August 10, 2013, 12:11:09 PM »
The Clues forum...

After reading through several threads, then having to gather my grey matter off the floor after my head exploded...well, a very "interesting" hangout. The woo is deep there, just visiting drops one's IQ.
I tried to register, haven't seen any replys. Though I suspect any attempts at "discussion" would be fruitless, judging by the ban happy mod there. And he likes to swear a lot, which of cours adds enormous credibility to any argument...sigh.

Rockets don't work in space...satellites don't exist...and some of these folks vote!!! It's just depressing. Thanks for being here, where I can read something more meaningful.

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
Re: Visited another forum...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 12:19:41 PM »
I think clues is intentionally set-up as an zoo for the hopeless, farthest-out of the fringe.  As long as they're randomly banging on the keyboards there, they can't be flinging their poo on other message boards.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline scooter

• Venus
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »
I think clues is intentionally set-up as an zoo for the hopeless, farthest-out of the fringe. 

That's it in a nutshell (pun unintended, but appropriate)

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 01:05:17 PM »
I have to believe they are all just trolls trying to one-up each other for the dumbest idea. My sanity depends on it.

Offline darren r

• Earth
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 01:51:02 PM »
It's the smug callousness I can't stand. They're so convinced that they're right, that all these events were faked, that they mock the victims and their families because, after all, they're just 'actors' and 'nobody really died', despite all the evidence to the contrary. Not once do they ever consider that they might be wrong and that this is a crappy way to behave.
" I went to the God D**n Moon!" Byng Gordon, 8th man on the Moon.

Offline Donnie B.

• Earth
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 08:49:21 AM »
For what it's worth, I personally knew one of the 9/11 victims, a former business associate who was aboard one of the planes that hit the WTC.

Sites like clues forum are sickening.  I'm not sure I buy the "zoo for nutters" notion.  Even if that's true, the menagerie seems all to well populated.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 03:12:59 PM »
The morons at Clueless (and their partners in dumbness at LetsRoll) are their own special brand of stupid.

Here's a typically arrogant piece of ignorance from Simonshack in the 'Rockets don't work in a vacuum thread':

I'm sorry but, at this point, NO technical 'evidence' of the feasibility of launching rockets in space - as advertised by NASA and ESA - can possibly convince me that their proposed rocket launches - and subsequent space explorations - are in any manner real / truthful / legit / authentic. Any number of people is of course free to believe that NASA and ESA do what they say they do - but just count me out of that number.

As he's the admin he gets to decide what's allowable, up to and including post hoc editing of his posts to hide his mistakes. Do enjoy his thread where he is re-inventing the geocentric solar system, cheerfully tying himself in knots in the process.

If anyone wants to join and argue with them good luck, you won't last long. Not only do you have to go through the normal sign up procedure but you need to write them an email explaining who you are and what you can offer them. One hint that you don't buy into their warped view of the world and you'll be gone. Even Heiwa (he of the million dollar Apollo challenge) struggles there.

Offline Ranb

• Mars
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »
I was banned there a few times because I claimed manned space flight was possible.  The forum only exists for those like minded people to pat each other on the back. 

Ranb
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:45:42 PM by Ranb »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 07:19:53 PM »
As he's the admin he gets to decide what's allowable, up to and including post hoc editing of his posts to hide his mistakes. Do enjoy his thread where he is re-inventing the geocentric solar system, cheerfully tying himself in knots in the process

What do you expect to happen when the inmates are running the asylum!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 10:12:01 PM »
I've tried to register there twice, with no reply to either request. It's probably just as well; as much fun as it might be to mix it up with those idiots/trolls/whatever-they-are, it probably wouldn't be good for my immortal soul (if I believed in such a thing anyway ;) ).
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir