Author Topic: "Apollo 11" Documentary  (Read 1479 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: "Apollo 11" Documentary
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2019, 06:15:31 PM »
But if memory serves, the footage I saw in the Doc the "smudge" was on the right of the ship. Maybe they reversed the film.

They did not.  This clip appears in Apollo 11 exactly in the orientation seen in the YouTube link.  Perhaps your recollection is spotty.  No pun intended.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline onebigmonkey

• Saturn
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2019, 08:47:29 AM »
And of course there were photographs as well:

Offline apollo16uvc

• Earth
  • Where no telescope has gone before.
    • Apollo 16 UVC
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2019, 12:34:13 PM »
There's no guarantee it will be available digitized for download.  The producers obtained the source footage as the original dupe masters -- i.e., film.  You may have to contact NASA's photo archive contractor to obtain similar footage.
I asked at which resolution the film was scanned, and if it will be avaible. Got the following reply:

"Yes, all of the 65mm Panavision film that was scanned at 8K will be turned back over to the National Archives, to allow other filmmakers the chance to use this material, too. And there may still be more to come from our team... stay tuned."

And 65mm Panavision does indeed have that much resolving power. Especially with cine-quality lenses.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 12:39:56 PM by apollo16uvc »
Ultraviolet light photography rules!
Apollo 16
Skylab

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2019, 04:04:08 PM »
That's exciting.  I don't think Apollo photography has received this much love since Michael Light.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams