Author Topic: Kids say the darnedest things...  (Read 6542 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Kids say the darnedest things...
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2019, 11:20:39 AM »
This year, there are something like three new kindergartners in our apartment complex, so Simon gets to be the Grand Old Man at the bus.  This may, alas, put a damper on last year's tradition of learning about something in the mornings, since I'm sure the other kids will be more interesting than Mom.  But since kindergarten starts the Monday after the other grades, we did learn some etymology last week, since he's studying Spanish online--I was explaining to him why certain Spanish and English words sound alike.  We now have an in-joke about "a bunch of guys named Norman."
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2019, 12:42:24 PM »
[Irene, under the blanket]: "Mama, I hiding!"

[me]: "Where did you go?"

[Irene]: "Uh . . . I don't know."
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Online Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2019, 04:33:04 PM »

Slightly off topic, Grandchild number 6 born today. First time I have totally disagreed with a name, my son and his partner have called her Arora? Sorry but why do parents today use these types of names? I am not enthused. Rant over, Arora is lovely, just hope the name grows on me.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2019, 10:15:07 AM »
Aurora, I could get behind, but I'm not thrilled with the spelling.

She is awfully cute either way, though!