Author Topic: "Apollo 11" Documentary  (Read 511 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: "Apollo 11" Documentary
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 02:24:54 PM »
The TLI burn from the ground would be great.  Does anyone know where a link to any of the TLI's might be?  The only one that I have seen is http://pages.astronomy.ua.edu/keel/space/apollo.html  and there are only a couple of the TLI itself.  I know they were over the Pacific normally and not too many people have telescopes on the water.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 06:00:19 PM »
I didn't see any of the Apollo TLIs, but we did see the TMI (Trans Mars Injection?) burn of the Falcon 9 Heavy last year. That was fun. I'm sure the Saturn V TLIs were even more impressive.

Offline jfb

• Earth
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 12:51:21 PM »
I didn't see any of the Apollo TLIs, but we did see the TMI (Trans Mars Injection?) burn of the Falcon 9 Heavy last year. That was fun. I'm sure the Saturn V TLIs were even more impressive.

The footage in the A11 documentary is only a few seconds long, but it does show the SIVB light up.  Looked like they had trouble tracking right after that. 

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 07:11:28 PM »

The footage in the A11 documentary is only a few seconds long, but it does show the SIVB light up.  Looked like they had trouble tracking right after that.

Well they had to get it somewhere.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline jfb

• Earth
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 12:08:22 PM »

Well they had to get it somewhere.

Ah, now I understand what you're asking.  I'm guessing this is from the same source as the wide-angle launch view (the 69mm film that was never used until now).