Author Topic: Neil Armstrong, the landing film, and Google Moon  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
Neil Armstrong, the landing film, and Google Moon
« on: August 30, 2016, 05:31:13 AM »
I've not heard of this video before, and fortunately it came up automatically at YouTube after I'd watched S G Collins's marvellous first video about the "hoax" for about the 7th time.

Neil was in Australia giving a talk at a dinner on 24 August 2011. On the left he shows the last few minutes of the 16mm movie film of Eagle landing on the Moon, and on the right are Google Moon images of the same scene, synched to the film and showing a larger view up until just before touchdown.

S G Collins's video again:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:33:47 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Neil Armstrong, the landing film, and Google Moon
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »
I've not heard of this video before, and fortunately it came up automatically at YouTube after I'd watched S G Collins's marvellous first video about the "hoax" for about the 7th time.

Neil was in Australia giving a talk at a dinner on 24 August 2011. On the left he shows the last few minutes of the 16mm movie film of Eagle landing on the Moon, and on the right are Google Moon images of the same scene, synched to the film and showing a larger view up until just before touchdown.

Yes I watched it about a month ago.  Collins's video not so recently but both are good videos.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
Re: Neil Armstrong, the landing film, and Google Moon
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:30:37 PM »

Collin's response to video "For Jarrah" is even better in some ways because he goes into even more detail and soundly but politely put's BlunderBoy in his proper place.