Author Topic: NASA and Freemasonry  (Read 16002 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: NASA and Freemasonry
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2018, 02:37:09 AM »
You should also be aware that a lot of anti-Masonic propaganda was spread nearly two hundred years ago by weird American political factions and made up whole-cloth at the time.  It has since been embellished and spread by credulous people who don't take any time to look into the actual history of what they're repeating.  For example, the "Captain Morgan" of your video was never actually shown to have served in the War of 1812 as he claimed or indeed to have had the degree in Masonry that he claimed.  In fact, it was never conclusively established that William Morgan was murdered, though he's assuredly dead by now.  He may simply have been paid enough to disappear.  There was certainly unpleasantness in the whole thing, and he may well have been murdered by Masons, but there's no evidence that it's true and unlikely to be any at this late date.  It turns out most of the scare stories about Masonry can be tracked down like this and turned out to be exaggerations full of uncertainty.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2018, 05:36:46 AM »
Morgan was surely kidnapped by Masons. They put him in jail before for not being able to pay. But he used ti attend their meetings http://projects.leadr.msu.edu/uniontodisunion/exhibits/show/freemasons-and-the-murder-of-w/the-disappearance-of-william-m

http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/tabbert8.html Toastmasters is recommended by freemasons

Sure many important people can be part of specialized organizations that help them develop their skills. But we don't find all this influence all over the world and that big number of very high ranking people in it.
Yes they are benefiting from power. The issue is that if you control all the sensitive institutions you can rule to a great extent and influence decisions.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 06:09:54 AM by LionKing »
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2018, 06:22:48 AM »
Morgan was surely kidnapped by Masons. They put him in jail before for not being able to pay. But he used ti attend their meetings http://projects.leadr.msu.edu/uniontodisunion/exhibits/show/freemasons-and-the-murder-of-w/the-disappearance-of-william-m

http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/tabbert8.html Toastmasters is recommended by freemasons

Sure many important people can be part of specialized organizations that help them develop their skills. But we don't find all this influence all over the world and that big number of very high ranking people in it.
Yes they are benefiting from power. The issue is that if you control all the sensitive institutions you can rule to a great extent and influence decisions.

Conspiracy Theory bollocks.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2018, 06:36:43 AM »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11899901/jack-the-ripper-mystery-solved.html

Just because he is a "brother", Jack the Ripper was protected.
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2018, 06:57:51 AM »
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2018, 09:14:45 AM »
It is not of significance though. Here the political parties claim good principles but protect criminals if he belongs to them. But likewise, if any criminal of them is being covered up for it will be a problem.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:19:47 AM by LionKing »
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
My father and grandfather were Masons.  It is a fraternal society that raises funds for children's healthcare.    Men join it for the reason they join other fraternal organizations, to help others and make friends through mutual service. They have halls for meetings like most other similar organizations.  They follow symbolic rituals that seem silly to us nowadays. It requires learning of secrets to advance in organizational status so you get to wear a special funny hat.   

That is really about it.  Like other many other similar old fashioned groups and churches, their memberships has been dwindling to the point they are just and old boys club.

Both my grandfather and father were big in the the masonic group called the Shriners and took turns running major fundraising projects.  I never joined because all the needless rituals seemed silly to me.

It is not of significance though. Here the political parties claim good principles but protect criminals if he belongs to them. But likewise, if any criminal of them is being covered up for it will be a problem.

That is a common human problem of governance and cannot be attributed to a whole group like the Masons except through guilt by association.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11899901/jack-the-ripper-mystery-solved.html

That is certainly one theory.  It doesn't have any more evidence than any of the other claims to have "solved" the murders, but it's one theory.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2018, 09:11:57 AM »
Morgan was surely kidnapped by Masons.

Even if this is so, there is a huge leap from some members of one lodge doing something dodgy to the entire organisation worldwide being suspect. But then you've never had trouble making those huge leaps from small steps, have you?

Translation: I didn't know there were other organisations and membership groups with high-ranking people in, and now that I've been given such lists they are not important anyway.

The issue is that if you control all the sensitive institutions you can rule to a great extent and influence decisions.

Again, there is a world of difference between members of a club being in power and that club itself controlling institutions. Freemasons exist the world over. Even in the US there are masons in all the political parties, and they can't even agree with each other. That does not equate to a single, over-arching control of the world's institutions.

Nothing about the world's governments at the moment speaks of any one group controlling it all. Politics is getting more and more fractured these days. All the conspiracy theories are nicely watertight, though, because a) they rely on secretive institutions that by definition can never openly state their intentions, and b) they are either demonstrating the control by forging alliances or covering it up by staging conflicts. There's nothing rational in proposing such a control system, and no evidence to support it.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2018, 09:13:46 AM »

No, one person writes a book about his theory about masonic connections. There are plenty of other theories out there about the identity of Jack the Ripper, each of which has its pros and cons. And again this is way off proving some over-arching control.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2018, 10:47:45 AM »
Frankly, the fact that women can't join the Masons is a big hole in the idea that they control the world.  It's not exactly as though the idea that women can have power is new (looks at Catherine the Great, Elizabeth I, Eleanor of Aquitaine . . .), but it's certainly a considerably more likely situation now than it was two hundred years ago when most of the anti-Mason propaganda was invented.  Why risk the absolute certainty that there would be countries whose leaders weren't Masons, couldn't be Masons?

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2018, 01:05:41 PM »
Why risk the absolute certainty that there would be countries whose leaders weren't Masons, couldn't be Masons?

Ah, there you go applying logic to a conspiracy theory again. If the actual leader can't be a mason then all the people doing the actual work under that leader can be, feeding her misinformation, only doing the things they want to do, etc. etc.

Global conspiracies don't work logically. Either they are doing exacty what it looks like up front or they're doing something else behind the scenes and doing other stuff to distract from what they're actually doing behind the scenes.

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2018, 07:36:26 AM »
The mentioned clubs have freemasonic connections. I did not see a club with such a wide influence in finances , trade,politics, police and all other than freemasonry. There is no conclusive proof, but there are tell_tale details of heir control. Being in different parties and having a brotherhood oath can confirm doubts not decrease them. With bad governance practiced by many political parties the effect only becomes worse.
NEVER GIVE UP!
 Rumi

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2018, 09:05:29 PM »
I did not see a club with such a wide influence in finances , trade,politics, police and all other than freemasonry.

Ever heard of the Catholic Church?  The Catholic Church and the Catholic monarchs that controlled it have been far more important throughout history in these areas than the bricklayers.

BTW Catholics are not allowed ,by the church, to be Masons. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2018, 09:46:27 PM »
I did not see a club with such a wide influence in finances , trade,politics, police and all other than freemasonry.

Ever heard of the Catholic Church?  The Catholic Church and the Catholic monarchs that controlled it have been far more important throughout history in these areas than the bricklayers.

BTW Catholics are not allowed ,by the church, to be Masons.

I'll bet he's not heard of the Church of England either!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.