Author Topic: Alien Structures on Moon  (Read 11781 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Alien Structures on Moon
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2018, 05:19:05 PM »
Hanlon's Razor applies. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2018, 08:57:11 AM »
There are two options: One - he made it up. Two - somebody yanked his chain, and he fell for it.

I would put my money on option 2.  Having worked for DoD, and just knowing people in general, I have seen a LOT of gullibility and ignorance in this world.  I once knew a marine who honestly believed that browned and wilted vegetation by the security fencing around a nuclear facility was due to radiation exposure, and the fence kept the radiation inside.  Of course, the vegetation had been cut and sprayed to allow visual access to the fencing for security checks (something he SHOULD have known), and that is not how to contain radiation.  I spent 10 to 15 minutes trying to explain this to him, and he seemed to condescendingly agree, but the deer in the headlights look remained.

You can pin the most incredible things on people who otherwise seem quite normal. I routinely use a hand gesture with my right hand to turn up the volume on the stereo in my car, concealing the volume control on the steering wheel with the palm of my left hand. 99 out of a 100 fall for it. Even mechanincs working at the dealership where I bought the car has fallen for it. And I know for a fact, that one person has asked for that feature in a new car at the dealer. The purpose of the trick is, to keep the volume of the music on a level where I am comfortable with it. The passengers spend the rest of the trip waving their arms at the stereo.

ETA: Even my sister, with a degree in language and trade, has fallen for it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:59:10 AM by Allan F »
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2018, 09:16:54 AM »

You can pin the most incredible things on people who otherwise seem quite normal. I routinely use a hand gesture with my right hand to turn up the volume on the stereo in my car, concealing the volume control on the steering wheel with the palm of my left hand. 99 out of a 100 fall for it. Even mechanincs working at the dealership where I bought the car has fallen for it. And I know for a fact, that one person has asked for that feature in a new car at the dealer. The purpose of the trick is, to keep the volume of the music on a level where I am comfortable with it. The passengers spend the rest of the trip waving their arms at the stereo.

LOL..you are  very bad man!
You should get BMW....some of them have gesture controls...
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2018, 06:14:28 PM »

I am. I know. I must repent. Later. Much later.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2018, 08:33:49 PM »
Unfortunately, BMW does not sell cars with the specs and price I need for my work car. Currently I drive a 2½ year old Skoda Superb 2.0 TDi with 190 Hp. We are confined to a certain maximum fuel consumption - even though those numbers are entirely fictional.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »

You should get BMW....some of them have gesture controls...

Obvious fake video.... the steering wheel is on the wrong side!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »
The problem with the story that "X said he was shown something amazing by Y" without any physical proof is:

1. X can be making it up. Even if there's no obvious benefit to him, he's getting attention. For many people, that's enough.

2. X could be truthful, but Y made it up. For the same reasons as in 1, but also because many people love the thrill of the hoax.

My father used to tell the most marvellous stories at the drop of a hat. When I reached my teens, I started to call him on those that didn't make sense. "But they're *good* stories," he'd say in his own defense. "Didn't you enjoy them?" He had no intention of truly mislead, just a yen to entertain. He figured that eventually, as I did, sensible listeners would realize they were just tall tales for fun.

Offline Willoughby

• Venus
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2018, 02:24:43 PM »
Besides,  what motivation would NASA have to keep this secret? Imagine how much NASA's budget would balloon if they could report ET on the moon. Trying to keep it secret would be really shooting themselves in the foot.

I wanted to elaborate on this a bit.  Not only does it not make sense that NASA would keep this a secret, they have actually DEMONSTRATED to behave contrary to what this claim would suggest.  Following the Apollo 11, 12 and 14 missions, astronauts were placed into quarantine for a period of time.  While the fear might have been minimal, there was a real fear of what alien bacteria/microbes, etc. the astronauts might have brought back from the moon.  While this isn't as romantic as little green mean, the possible ramifications and the type of mass fear this could potentially result in would be similar.  NASA made no attempts to keep this a secret.  The astronauts did interviews from within these quarantine units.  It was common knowledge that they were there, and why they were there.  So, not only is there absolutely no reason to believe what the OP says based on the total lack of any supporting evidence, The ACTUAL demonstrated behavior by NASA is entirely inconsistent with what is suggested by the claim as well.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:39:43 PM by Willoughby »

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2018, 05:32:46 PM »
Besides,  what motivation would NASA have to keep this secret? Imagine how much NASA's budget would balloon if they could report ET on the moon. Trying to keep it secret would be really shooting themselves in the foot.

I wanted to elaborate on this a bit.  Not only does it not make sense that NASA would keep this a secret, they have actually DEMONSTRATED to behave contrary to what this claim would suggest.  Following the Apollo 11, 12 and 14 missions, astronauts were placed into quarantine for a period of time.  While the fear might have been minimal, there was a real fear of what alien bacteria/microbes, etc. the astronauts might have brought back from the moon.  While this isn't as romantic as little green mean, the possible ramifications and the type of mass fear this could potentially result in would be similar.  NASA made no attempts to keep this a secret.  The astronauts did interviews from within these quarantine units.  It was common knowledge that they were there, and why they were there.  So, not only is there absolutely no reason to believe what the OP says based on the total lack of any supporting evidence, The ACTUAL demonstrated behavior by NASA is entirely inconsistent with what is suggested by the claim as well.

As does the response to the Viking experiments and meteorite ALH84001

Offline Rob48

• Venus
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2018, 09:46:09 AM »
The shock death comes as UFO hunters are still reeling from the death of another legendary whistleblower.

Retired US Army Command Sergeant Major Robert Dean died aged 89 on 11 October in Tucson, Arizona.

What kind of world do we live in when a whistleblower can't reasonably expect to make it to his 90th birthday?  ::)