Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 479100 times)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #1095 on: February 02, 2018, 02:44:05 PM »
National Geographic magazines of the late 1960's and early 1970's had stacks of beautiful, full colour and B&W images of Apollo 11
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #1096 on: February 02, 2018, 04:33:40 PM »
National Geographic magazines of the late 1960's and early 1970's had stacks of beautiful, full colour and B&W images of Apollo 11

I've got NatGeo on CD-Rom, and there are many Apollo photos that appear there that Taffy claims were photoshopped in the last few years. I've included them in several of my own YT videos. AS17-134-20506 isn't in the September 1973 issue, but there is another photo which shows the same lens flare effect which Taffy reckons was photoshopped in the 2000s. I'll see if I can find the reference number.

Somebody has uploaded a YT video about Taffy's "photoshopped" lens flare:

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #1097 on: February 02, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »
................there is another photo which shows the same lens flare effect which Taffy reckons was photoshopped in the 2000s. I'll see if I can find the reference number.

Found it: https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/AS17-140-21371HR.jpg
It appears on page 295 of National Geographic, September 1973

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #1098 on: February 03, 2018, 05:01:05 AM »
And all my personally scanned actual paper copies of National Geographic (and Life magazine, and other things) are here:

http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/ephemera/ephemera.html

:)

This is why I like to collect the paper stuff - it's irrefutable.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #1099 on: February 04, 2018, 09:43:26 AM »
This is why I like to collect the paper stuff - it's irrefutable.
Not if you're a moron. And Expattaffy is most definetley a moron. A particular loud, nasty, stupid moron.
There's absolutely no point in debating or even discoursing with stupidity of that level. Personally I think that he's suffering from some form of dementia.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #1100 on: February 05, 2018, 04:15:40 AM »
Most of the HB's I consider to be simply too unintellgent to understand what they are arguing about, and in some ways, I almost feel some sympathy for them, wrapped up in their self-perpetuated delusional world view.

However, my sympathy does not extend to two indivduals

1. Quite apart from being a moron, Expattaffy is a thoroughly obnoxious prick, and a very nasty foul-mouthed individual. The less said about him, the better

2. Although Jarrah White (The Blunder from Down Under) can get a bit short with people, he is intelligent enough to know that the Apollo Landings were real. However, it would be a huge loss of face and income were he to back down now. He lost a lot of his sycophantic hangers-on when he declared space flight to be real and copped the wrath of the idiotic "rockets don't work in a vacuum" crowd. Perhaps this has given him a taste of what its like dealing with genuine nutjobs.  We didn't hear a lot from him after that episode.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #1101 on: February 05, 2018, 04:52:53 AM »
I have no sympathy for him whatsoever, he's a holocaust denying racist scumbag who has somehow convinced himself that his opinion is worth something. However when people are in charge of their own soapbox they control the discussion, and I can't abide stupidity to go unchallenged.

I did consider putting a page dedicated to him on my site where he would have absolutely no right of reply at all, but frankly there is just too much to go at for one person.

For what it's worth I don't believe Mr Strange and Taffy are the same person - Taff can barely string a sentence together whereas Strange can. Pete Piper and Strange are self evidently the same person, they all keep slipping up when discussing their videos with each other and reveal who's who. It's almost possible to have a discussion with Strange until you get to the point where he realises he's lost the line of argument he's taken and reverts to type.

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #1102 on: February 05, 2018, 05:07:51 AM »
For what it's worth I don't believe Mr Strange and Taffy are the same person - Taff can barely string a sentence together whereas Strange can. Pete Piper and Strange are self evidently the same person

You are correct. Taffy and Strange/Piper are different people.

Strange's first account (called 'Mister Fink') got closed down by YouTube after he made death threats against a guy called William Wagner. Wagner was a former hoax believer who managed to dig his way out of the rabbit hole.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #1103 on: February 06, 2018, 02:52:30 PM »
...Although Jarrah White (The Blunder from Down Under) can get a bit short with people, he is intelligent enough to know that the Apollo Landings were real. However, it would be a huge loss of face and income were he to back down now. He lost a lot of his sycophantic hangers-on when he declared space flight to be real and copped the wrath of the idiotic "rockets don't work in a vacuum" crowd. Perhaps this has given him a taste of what its like dealing with genuine nutjobs.  We didn't hear a lot from him after that episode.

So someone said that spaceflight isn't real but Jarrah said 'No, spaceflight is real but the landings are fake'?

And he is making an income from his Moon Hoax antics?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #1104 on: February 07, 2018, 11:25:30 AM »

Among other things, he is the literary beneficiary of Ralph Rene.  He owns the copyright to Rene's works and presumably profits from them.  He has sent DMCA takedown notices to people who distribute the material for free and claiming he is being deprived of income by the infringement.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #1105 on: February 07, 2018, 04:49:04 PM »

I don't know if he's making money from them*, but he's certainly trying. There's a website up** which lists Rene's books and points to JarrahwATgmailDOTcom if you really want to spend money on drivel.

*It depends on whether people are dumb enough to pay for Rene's drivel
** Which looks like a bad Frontpage design from about 1995
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #1106 on: February 08, 2018, 12:04:41 PM »
I downloaded the book for referencing claims. Sometimes folks try to say certain claims are actually strawmen by us NASA goons, so it's good to know what others have said.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #1107 on: February 16, 2018, 04:14:09 AM »
Some of you may remember the exchanges at Plant Infowars with awe130 and bewaremouse some time ago.

Well, it seems bewaremouse has sobered up long enough to remember how his computer works and he really shouldn't have. My attention was drawn to this and it's too good to keep quiet:

which is deeply embarrassing for Mr Mouse, not least because of his frankly slanderous claims that he got me fired from my job.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

His drunken ramblings are just jaw droppingly stupid. Have your blood pressure meds handy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:18:25 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #1108 on: February 16, 2018, 04:24:04 AM »
Listening to a drunk nut-job rambling and slurring for 40 minutes isn't really a way that anyone should spend their time....

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #1109 on: February 16, 2018, 05:48:34 AM »
Some of you may remember the exchanges at Plant Infowars with awe130 and bewaremouse some time ago.

Well, it seems bewaremouse has sobered up long enough to remember how his computer works and he really shouldn't have. My attention was drawn to this and it's too good to keep quiet:

which is deeply embarrassing for Mr Mouse, not least because of his frankly slanderous claims that he got me fired from my job.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

His drunken ramblings are just jaw droppingly stupid. Have your blood pressure meds handy.

I'm surprised you haven't corrected him.. :D I thought he'd given up the ghost.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)