Author Topic: Discussing The Forum Rules  (Read 68574 times)

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
Re: Discussing The Forum Rules
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 05:38:01 PM »
What Echnaton wrote.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 08:57:36 PM »
I was seeking clarification on the no Holocaust discussion ruling.
It was discussed briefly on the Apollo thread but I wasn't sure if any new rule had been made.

Here is the relevant rule:

9. Getting Banned

Some examples of banable behaviour are (but are not limited to):

4) Posting offensive, obscene, illegal, or adult material

It is intentionally vague about what is offensive because I can't possibly anticipate and list every way someone could be offensive. As the owner of this forum I will be the judge of what is offensive, but any reasonable person ought to know that claiming the holocaust never happened is going to offend a large number of people.

Consider yourself a guest in my home. If you wish to continue using the forum you will follow the rules.

By the way, why don't you want the Holocaust hoax discussed?

Oh, you misunderstand. People are free to discuss the holocaust, just like any other historical event. It is the denial of the holocaust that I will not permit. The reason is quite simple: I don't wish to attract anti-semites to the forum because the finger I use to click the ban button gets tired easily. There are plenty of places on the internet where bigots are free to gather... this isn't one of them.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:46:04 PM by LunarOrbit »
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 12:50:15 PM »
As the owner of this forum I will be the judge of what is offensive, but any reasonable person ought to know that claiming the holocaust never happened is going to offend a large number of people.

I think it's very reasonable to claim the holocaust is a hoax. No documented gas chambers, nowhere near enough ovens, Zyklon B still manufactured as Uragan D2 with claims it served as an agent of mass murder scoffed at by it's Czech Republic makers and outrageous thought-crime laws prohibiting questioning or investigating the holocaust to reveal the truth.

Why do you think a reasonable person would believe the holocaust? 

I was once a believer of the holocaust. Like many others, I was brainwashed to believe. I read the books, watched the television mini-series, saw the movies, etc.; I was a firm believer. But then I was challenged by some French students to reexamine. It took my disabuse from the lies of 9-11 before I summoned the courage but I did. You should too. You've been lugging around lies too long. Lighten the load and take the Holocaust Deprogramming Course.

Consider yourself a guest in my home. If you wish to continue using the forum you will follow the rules.

I want to follow the rules. Is there a rule that says nobody can be protagonist that the holocaust is a hoax?
I'm not an anti-Semite, Nazi, skin-head or racist. If they appeared I would expect you to ban them.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »
I'm not an anti-Semite, Nazi, skin-head or racist. If they appeared I would expect you to ban them.

Well, you're bald and clearly a racist, so two out of three.....

Who else but Americans matter?

Yes, and I wish they would identify themselves so I can ignore them. Which American CIA controlled country are you from?
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 12:59:12 PM »
Baker, you've just be told that holocaust denial is a prohibited subject on the forum, yet here you are discussing it.  Stop, just stop!  Do not bring up the subject again.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 01:00:01 PM »
Baker, you've just be told that holocaust denial is a prohibited subject on the forum, yet here you are discussing it.  Stop, just stop!  Do not bring up the subject again.
He think LO is just kidding? ::)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 01:05:10 PM »

It's not listed in the rules.

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »
He really doesn't have the mental capacity to understand, does he?
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 01:08:40 PM »

LO has told you himself, very clearly.

Hopefully he will soon delete that sickening pile of crap that is your previous post.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline Bob B.

• Jupiter
  • Bob the Excel Guru™
    • Rocket & Space Technology
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »

Are you really so stupid that you do not understand Lunar Orbit's instructions?  He cited the rule and his interpretation of it.  If he judges holocaust denial to be an offensive topic that is inappropriate for the forum, then that is the law around here.  He owns this place.  The rules are what he says they are.

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 01:19:30 PM »

Are you really so stupid that you do not understand Lunar Orbit's instructions?  He cited the rule and his interpretation of it.  If he judges holocaust denial to be an offensive topic that is inappropriate for the forum, then that is the law around here.  He owns this place.  The rules are what he says they are.

So it shouldn't be a big deal to put it in the list of rules to clarify like I requested to begin with.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 01:21:12 PM »

You really are a moron if you did not understand LO's instruction. Oh, he also said holocausts deniers are fair game if you want to complain about me calling you a moron. But you really are a moron, or wanting to get banned, for bringing up the holocaust revisionism again. I always say this, I hope you aren't banned as the more you write the more evidence there is to show you for what you are.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:23:40 PM by Luke Pemberton »
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2015, 01:23:06 PM »
So it shouldn't be a big deal to put it in the list of rules to clarify like I requested to begin with.

(a) LO has explained why he keeps that part of the rules vague.
(b) He has warned you to give you chance.
(c) He has asked you not to post again on revisionism.
(d) Other people have interpreted LO's request, other than you. It's you that's the odd one out... hang on...

Do you see it now. you're the odd one out when it comes to thinking things through. See what I did there. ;)

Offline Neil Baker

• Earth
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »

Hopefully he will soon delete that sickening pile of crap that is your previous post.

I can empathize with you. I remember when I was first challenged to reexamine the holocaust by two French students. I got angry. I responded with profanity. In hindsight I can see how powerfully I'd been brainwashed. It took revelations about 9-11 before I could summon the courage to confront the truth about the holocaust. Please summon the courage.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 01:25:13 PM »

In other words "If I ran the world....". The problem is, you don't run the world. So you don't get to make the rules.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov