Author Topic: Faking Space: Auditing Apollo, A Photographic Investigation  (Read 83468 times)

Offline apollo16uvc

• Mars
  • Where no telescope has gone before.
    • Patreon
Auditing Apollo An ongoing Photographic Investigation.

This guy has been making video's on the topic of flat-earth, faked space images and of course Apollo. It is updated regularly.

Below you can find a list of some of his video's on it:

Watch me at: YouTube
Experience the past: Flickr
Support me on Patreon

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
Re: Faking Space: Auditing Apollo, A Photographic Investigation
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 02:18:44 PM »
Oh. Deary. Me...

I made it about half way through the first one, then went off to look up Scott Henderson, who apparently put in over 10,000 hours* researching this.  This guy has a very serious problem with pareidolia, apparently seeing cars, trucks, beer cans, and all sorts of other nonsense in the images and videos.  I've seen quite a lot of people going down this route before, seeing things in images from the Moon and Mars, but he's taking it to a new level  ;D

[ * At a conservative estimate, 10,000 hours equates to at least 5 man-years full time work.  I'd call that extreme dedication, if it hadn't been spent on a completely pointless pursuit. ]
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline cambo

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »
Although some of the video footage and photos, do indeed cast doubt on the Apollo missions, it’s the way the story unfolded that convinces me it was all an enormous hoax. There were just too many giant leaps for this fairy tale to be taken seriously, Apollo 8 being the prime example. Shortly after allegedly working out how to put men into orbit, they stuck three men on the top of a giant rocket and sent them to the moon and back.

It really annoys me, the way some people can sit there and defend this BS and twist things in order to make the likes of me look like insane idiots. I don’t have a higher education as some of you NASA enthusiasts may have, but I do possess common sense, and I don’t need to understand NASA’s take on radiation or orbital dynamics to understand, if it’s not tested, don’t put human life at risk.

I was seventeen when Apollo 8 was launched and I remember an article in a newspaper stating that several countries expressed grave concerns about the mission, saying that the astronauts would not survive. I also read an article shortly after the alleged mission, concerning an interview with a NASA spokesman, where he was asked if they had any concerns regarding radiation. His answer was, well we knew it was dangerous, but we decided to go anyway. Today, NASA tell us it was no big deal, but back then, according to Van Allen, space was a sea of deadly radiation.

As far as I’m aware, they didn’t have a time machine, so they could only go on information they had at the time, which was zilch. Even today, they are still trying to work out how to protect those delicate instruments before they can venture beyond LEO again. It’s a shame they destroyed the plans for the Apollo hardware as surely an extra layer of tinfoil would do the trick.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 05:01:53 PM »
The tinfoil is in your headgear.

None of the photos, video and TV footage cast doubt on the missions - quite the opposite. If you think they cast doubt, tell us the doubts you have. You doubt does not automatically cancel out my certainty, so you need to put a bit more effort in there to convince anyone here.

There were no giant leaps in the story, just a continuum of scientific and engineering steps balanced against what was considered to be acceptable risk.

It really annoys me, the way some people can sit there and defend hoax BS, particularly when they admit to having no expertise in the subject and don't seem too keen on acquiring any. Like, for example, an understanding of the  in depth and repeated testing that was done to prove the equipment's capabilities and that it met requirements.

If you can remember an article saying 'several countries expressed grave concerns' then let's see it. Show us the article. IN fact, show us anything that doesn't just amount to the same old 'gee it kinda looks funny' and 'boo NASA'.

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »

Shortly after allegedly working out how to put men into orbit, they stuck three men on the top of a giant rocket and sent them to the moon and back.

Ummm, no, that's not quite what happened.

I suggest more real research, and less youtubing for information on the full story of the development of spaceflight.  You might start from Gagarin's flight in 1961, or with Sputnik in 1957, or if you want a proper historical perspective, read up on people like Goddard and Tsiolkovsky.

Every step on the way to the Moon was built on top of what was learned in previous steps...
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 05:41:47 PM »
cambo, common sense is really just a bunch of biases and rules of them for a specific environment. When an environment is different from that one those biases are based on, 'common sense' is violated.
Sure, Apollo was dangerous, if you look at the missions in any detail, most, if not all, had some kind of problem that occurred, though only once did it result in a cancellation of a landing, but  it wouldn't be the first time a dangerous stunt was pulled for national prestige. The rest is just aimless  hearsay without sources. The 'Ah'm not a smaht man' shtick might work on your fellows with a distrust of anyone with any kind of expertise, but we try to stick to a higher standard of evidence here. Not everything is intuitive, though understanding the gist is no hardship to the intellectually honest. You look like  idots well enough enough without our help.
Mercury, Gemini and the earlier Apollo 7 flight (not to mention the unmanned Apollo flights that helped pave the way for Apollo 8, which in turn paved the way for later missions. Mercury showed NASA how to get into orbit, but Gemini  taught the techniques that were absolutely necessary for a successful Apollo flight, such rendezvous, docking, and EVA. Your ignorance is palpable.

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 05:47:25 PM »
Although some of the video footage and photos, do indeed cast doubt on the Apollo missions, it’s the way the story unfolded that convinces me it was all an enormous hoax. There were just too many giant leaps for this fairy tale to be taken seriously, Apollo 8 being the prime example. Shortly after allegedly working out how to put men into orbit, they stuck three men on the top of a giant rocket and sent them to the moon and back.

Getting to orbit from the surface of the Earth is a significantly harder problem than getting from Earth orbit to the Moon and back.  Like the saying goes, once you've made LEO, you're practically halfway to anywhere in the solar system. 

Offline cambo

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »
“Unmanned Apollo flights that helped pave the way for Apollo 8”?

Then can any of you explain what parts of the Apollo 8 mission were tested prior to launch? As far as I’m aware, there were no unmanned missions to test the Apollo 8 hardware. Everything beyond LEO, if we are to believe they got that far, was only theory. It would be the first time the third stage rocket would be fired to achieve the theoretical translunar injection in order to rendezvous with the moon in three days’ time. It would be the first time humans travelled through that deadly sea of radiation. It would be the first time an Apollo craft would attempt to achieve orbit around another celestial body. It would be the first time Trans earth injection would be attempted to set a trajectory toward earth. It would be the first time re-entry into the earth’s atmosphere was attempted at such a high speed (over 24,000 mph) and managing to splash down within three miles of the recovery ship.

Your knowledge of science counts for nothing, as it’s NASA’s own brand of science, made up to try and make the story more believable. It’s even taught in schools, which is criminal. Have any of you ever given serious thought to the fact that not one country has sent humans through the belts since the alleged Apollo missions? No of course you haven’t. Is it because it has already been done? Or maybe it’s the money? Pathetic!

As for the news articles, I was in the habit of throwing away newspapers after I’d read them back then, how stupid is that? And calling me an idiot is typical of you people, as you realise you might end up losing the argument, so you dish out verbal abuse in an attempt to dissuade people from making further comments. Grow up!

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 06:47:26 PM »
I was seventeen when Apollo 8 was launched and I remember an article in a newspaper stating that several countries expressed grave concerns about the mission, saying that the astronauts would not survive. I also read an article shortly after the alleged mission, concerning an interview with a NASA spokesman, where he was asked if they had any concerns regarding radiation. His answer was, well we knew it was dangerous, but we decided to go anyway.

I'm sorry but I believe you are seriously mistaken. I am sure they said something to the effect of "There are risks, yes, but we have done our best to mitigate against them. We have a high degree of confidence".

Can you please show us examples of your claims?

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 06:51:02 PM »
Oh - and "common sense"? "Common sense" tells you that in the image below, the squares A and B are different colours... but they are not. They are exactly the same colour. That's why you cannot rely on "common sense".

Offline Jason Thompson

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 06:53:46 PM »
As far as I’m aware, there were no unmanned missions to test the Apollo 8 hardware.

Do more research then. For one thing Apollo 7 tested the CSM manned, and it worked. Apollo 4 and 6 tested it unmanned. Previous APollo test fights also occurred. Look them up.

Everything beyond LEO, if we are to believe they got that far, was only theory.

How do you draw that conclusion? There had been plenty of unmanned lunar flights by then, by NASA and the USSR. Ranger, Surveyor, Lunar Orbiter, Zond, Luna...

It would be the first time the third stage rocket would be fired to achieve the theoretical translunar injection in order to rendezvous with the moon in three days’ time.

And? Physics works the same way everywhere. If the thrid stage works (as the fact it got into Earth orbit proved), pointing it in the right direction and firing it will send the spacecraft on a translunar trajectory.

It would be the first time humans travelled through that deadly sea of radiation.

Are you seriously suggesting you have read this thread and actually think that argument has any validity whatsoever?

It would be the first time an Apollo craft would attempt to achieve orbit around another celestial body.

And?

It would be the first time Trans earth injection would be attempted to set a trajectory toward earth.

And?

It would be the first time re-entry into the earth’s atmosphere was attempted at such a high speed (over 24,000 mph)

Wrong. Apollo 4 tested Apollo hardwre in a simulated translunar speed re-entry.

and managing to splash down within three miles of the recovery ship.

It has nothing to do with 'managing' and everything to do with knowing how the physics of re-entry works

Your knowledge of science counts for nothing, as it’s NASA’s own brand of science,

Cobblers. It's physics and aeronautics, and it works, as plenty of other agencies have demonstrated by now.

It’s even taught in schools, which is criminal.

ANd now we're into plain ludicrous territory.

Have any of you ever given serious thought to the fact that not one country has sent humans through the belts since the alleged Apollo missions?

Irrelevant. SO many more spacecraft have been through and in the belts, and data has been gathered for decades, and none of it contradicts the Apollo story.
"There's this idea that everyone's opinion is equally valid. My arse! Bloke who was a professor of dentistry for forty years does NOT have a debate with some eejit who removes his teeth with string and a door!"  - Dara O'Briain

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 06:54:50 PM »

Oh my, Too many giant leaps?  The whole basis of Mercury, and Gemini were conducted to test procedures need for Apollo to be a success.  Starting in 1961 the tests built on what was learned from previous missions.  Learning how to operate in space, change orbital planes, rendezvous and docking to be able to successfully lift off from the Moon and dock to bring the rock samples, and photographic evidence.  Working in space for longer periods of time.  Radiation was and still is misunderstood by a large number of people, mostly because they don't take the time to research.  Back in 1969 there may have been countries that noted alarm, but not a show stopper.  If you had read the radiation thread you would find that there was a danger of Coronal Mass Ejections, something that was/is to be feared.  But these are infrequent and there were contingencies to protect the crew, more of the learned information.

It really annoys me, the way some people can sit there and defend this BS and twist things in order to make the likes of me look like insane idiots. I don’t have a higher education as some of you NASA enthusiasts may have, but I do possess common sense, and I don’t need to understand NASA’s take on radiation or orbital dynamics to understand, if it’s not tested, don’t put human life at risk.

There is no defense, only knowledge and that many long hours by hundreds of thousands of workers, engineers, scientist that went into the program.  You say that you have common sense, then why not do some research into the missions? Not tested???  read my previous paragraph. 

I was seventeen when Apollo 8 was launched and I remember an article in a newspaper stating that several countries expressed grave concerns about the mission, saying that the astronauts would not survive. I also read an article shortly after the alleged mission, concerning an interview with a NASA spokesman, where he was asked if they had any concerns regarding radiation. His answer was, well we knew it was dangerous, but we decided to go anyway. Today, NASA tell us it was no big deal, but back then, according to Van Allen, space was a sea of deadly radiation.

There are always concerns about any mission.  Was it dangerous, no the previous missions measured the radiation through the VARB, cislunar, Lunar orbit and Lunar surface radiation.  None of these was a show stopper either individually or cumulative.  Back in the 60's the VARB had been only discovered by the Explorer 1, and then not as fully as we have knowledge on it today.  And that information is continually being updated.  A deadly sea of radiation, no again.  Many missions had studied the belts and determined that if spacecraft construction and trajectory were used judicially then the mission would not be endangered by those belts.

As far as I’m aware, they didn’t have a time machine, so they could only go on information they had at the time, which was zilch. Even today, they are still trying to work out how to protect those delicate instruments before they can venture beyond LEO again. It’s a shame they destroyed the plans for the Apollo hardware as surely an extra layer of tinfoil would do the trick.

Again as obm indicated you should try researching and not on YT.  NASA website is full of information, although it is somewhat user unfriendly, try to find information one desires.  "They" didn't destroy the plans for Apollo.  They exist on microfilm at various NASA sites.  Paper copies are gone, yes and the companies didn't keep paperwork on a defunct program, such is life in governmental projects.  No an extra layer of tin foil isn't necessary, unless you are proposing that the program was a hoax.  Then you corner yourself in willful ignorance.
The program did indeed land 6 crews on the Moon and brought them back safely.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 09:12:49 PM »
“Unmanned Apollo flights that helped pave the way for Apollo 8”?

Then can any of you explain what parts of the Apollo 8 mission were tested prior to launch? As far as I’m aware, there were no unmanned missions to test the Apollo 8 hardware. Everything beyond LEO, if we are to believe they got that far, was only theory. It would be the first time the third stage rocket would be fired to achieve the theoretical translunar injection in order to rendezvous with the moon in three days’ time. It would be the first time humans travelled through that deadly sea of radiation. It would be the first time an Apollo craft would attempt to achieve orbit around another celestial body. It would be the first time Trans earth injection would be attempted to set a trajectory toward earth. It would be the first time re-entry into the earth’s atmosphere was attempted at such a high speed (over 24,000 mph) and managing to splash down within three miles of the recovery ship.

Your knowledge of science counts for nothing, as it’s NASA’s own brand of science, made up to try and make the story more believable. It’s even taught in schools, which is criminal. Have any of you ever given serious thought to the fact that not one country has sent humans through the belts since the alleged Apollo missions? No of course you haven’t. Is it because it has already been done? Or maybe it’s the money? Pathetic!

As for the news articles, I was in the habit of throwing away newspapers after I’d read them back then, how stupid is that? And calling me an idiot is typical of you people, as you realise you might end up losing the argument, so you dish out verbal abuse in an attempt to dissuade people from making further comments. Grow up!
Well, NASA had already sent the Lunar Orbiter series to the moon, so they had practical experience putting spacecraft in orbit around the moon. They'd even landed unmanned, with the Surveyor series. Apollo flight hardware was tested unmanned numerous times, including Apollo 4-6. And, yes. those test flights including testing the Saturn V, including the third stage. A little googling will tell you that, There's no 'NASA science' here. Everything has been confirmed by other space agencies (while the USSR never sent full humans to the moon, they did send human cell cultures and they sent probes to and from the moon with radiation measuring experiments) and the basic principals of what was accomplished are as old as Newton. As for getting huffy about me calling you an idiot, I was pointing out that you do it to yourself, not from us 'twisting' anything as you so claimed.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 09:25:30 PM »
Scott Henderson, is this the Scott from old?  Any old members remember Scott?
The first video is full of errors that I won't go into, but the amount of errors precludes me from watching further.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 10:15:22 PM »
You're off to a good start, cambo. Let me know if I'm missing any.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)