Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 479060 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #900 on: February 09, 2015, 09:40:12 PM »
"A smell of petroleum prevails throughout."

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #901 on: February 09, 2015, 09:49:40 PM »
Arguing with IDW/Romulus is like trying to play chess with a pigeon!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #902 on: February 09, 2015, 10:07:21 PM »

Nah.  The pigeon would actually have a chance.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #903 on: February 09, 2015, 10:39:50 PM »

You're obviously not familiar with the expression. Its from a quote by Scott D. Weitzenhoffer

"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory"

http://pigeonchess.com/playing-with-pigeons/

Romolus' style of "debate" (and I use the word cautiously) in the brief period he was here was the very definition of "pigeon chess". No matter how good any of us were, all he did was knock the pieces over, talk shite on the board and and then strutted around as though he won. I have absolutely no doubt he would have gone back to whatever gobshite board of nutjobs he usually haunts and told everyone how he "gave those NASA shills over at the Apollo board a good thrashing!"
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #904 on: February 10, 2015, 09:40:51 AM »
He is quite infatuated with his dead brother.

I'm just waiting for him to grow a guitar, a bicycle, and a wife from somewhere in Asia.

It's quite intriguing. Either we have real evidence of survival of the human soul (and proof of its ability to post on message boards), or a brother taking up the mantle of Apollo conspiracy-mongering in his brother's name. Or, third option, we have a man who "cleverly" led people to think Dr. Socks was his brother, not himself, but can't remain off the grid to maintain the fiction after his brother passed away.

Would the third option be considered a "reverse sock" operation?

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #905 on: February 10, 2015, 10:07:38 AM »

You're obviously not familiar with the expression. Its from a quote by Scott D. Weitzenhoffer

"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory"

http://pigeonchess.com/playing-with-pigeons/

Romolus' style of "debate" (and I use the word cautiously) in the brief period he was here was the very definition of "pigeon chess". No matter how good any of us were, all he did was knock the pieces over, talk shite on the board and and then strutted around as though he won. I have absolutely no doubt he would have gone back to whatever gobshite board of nutjobs he usually haunts and told everyone how he "gave those NASA shills over at the Apollo board a good thrashing!"

I'm familiar.  I just think comparing Romulus to a pigeon is insulting to the pigeon.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Drewid

• Venus
« Reply #906 on: February 10, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »

I'm just waiting for him to grow a guitar, a bicycle, and a wife from somewhere in Asia.

It's quite intriguing. Either we have real evidence of survival of the human soul (and proof of its ability to post on message boards), or a brother taking up the mantle of Apollo conspiracy-mongering in his brother's name. Or, third option, we have a man who "cleverly" led people to think Dr. Socks was his brother, not himself, but can't remain off the grid to maintain the fiction after his brother passed away.

Or the 4th option, Fattydash 'stole' Dr Tekeli's identity but was then scuppered when the real guy died.
Given Patrick's enthusiasm for inventing identities and friends / spouses, and his lack of medical knowledge, it's not that unlikely. Mind you I would have expected him to re-emerge sooner if that were the case.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #907 on: February 10, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »

"Reverse sock" is my preferred theory right now.  Dr. Patrick Spencer Tekeli lived in San Francisco and died in 2013.  Under this theory, Faddydash/P1K and other socks were Michael the whole time semi-impersonating Patrick.  The pair may just have considered the whole thing a big joke and after the death of Dr. T, Michael feels the need to repair the damage to Dr. T but still can't overcome his joker nature to admit to the truth in order to do it.

Enquiring minds want to know. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:27:11 AM by Echnaton »
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #908 on: February 10, 2015, 03:29:42 PM »
I suspect it might be a little like the plot of a thriller - you know, the serial killer is being hunted, but throws suspicion off on an innocent person. Now that the police are off his trail, he can settle down, and never be hunted again.

Except that he *likes* doing what made people hunt him in the first place.

Metaphors aside, if Dr. Socks were not Patrick Tekeli, whoever the person was who was claiming to be him had an obvious burning need to talk about his favorite conspiracy theories. He may have had to go underground for a while once his scapegoat was gone, but he couldn't abandon the fun permanently.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #909 on: February 13, 2015, 02:50:29 AM »
I see that good old Cosmo is still link spamming. He posted a link in the comments section at http://www.firstmenonthemoon.com/ that links to a thread he started five years ago at the Spurstalk forum. Well, to give him credit, for once it was only one.

"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #910 on: February 19, 2015, 02:49:29 PM »
Is IDW drunk?
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2682209/pg31#48796449
(warning: language)
He was gone for a few hours after claiming the UV images from Apollo 16 didn't exist because he never heard of them then comes back with the above linked post.

The guy is a cretin. I'm sorry, but there's no other word for it.

As for GLP? I can feel myself getting stupider every minute I read that thread. :(
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #911 on: February 19, 2015, 03:07:19 PM »

As for GLP? I can feel myself getting stupider every minute I read that thread. :(

He's tried to dismantle relativity with anti-semitism thrown in for good measure. It makes 'interesting' reading. Most rabid Einstein debunkers that I have crossed tend to show anti-semitism at some point.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #912 on: February 19, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »
Is IDW drunk?
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2682209/pg31#48796449
(warning: language)
He was gone for a few hours after claiming the UV images from Apollo 16 didn't exist because he never heard of them then comes back with the above linked post.

He's a moron.

If he wanted, he could actually buy a report studying the UV images right now:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?kn=S+201+Catalog+of+Far-Ultraviolet+Objects&sts=t&x=55&y=7

published in 1978 - it's this one http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19780010014.pdf

The stars in them are exactly where they should be too!

http://onebigmonkey.comoj.com/obm/ap16uv.html

The famous image of Earth taken in UV was published all over the place - how can anyone who claims to have studied the subject not know about them is beyond me.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:12:51 PM by onebigmonkey »

Offline slaver0110

• Mercury
« Reply #913 on: February 19, 2015, 04:09:44 PM »
Is IDW drunk?

I particularly like IDW's comment slightly earlier in that thread...

Claims and evidence are two different things. I can't seem to find any of these ultraviolet images anywhere. Can you?
I suspect the reason for that is they do not exist, but I am sure NASA can fabricate some up for you.

Translation:  If I can't find the images, they don't exist.  If I can find them, they're fake.

Brilliant piece of fallacy from GLP's hive of sludge-spewers.

Cheers!

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #914 on: February 19, 2015, 04:17:45 PM »
The stars in them are exactly where they should be too!

http://onebigmonkey.comoj.com/obm/ap16uv.html

Have to compliment you and say that is another great piece of work. I really need to put something together about radiation some day.

The famous image of Earth taken in UV was published all over the place - how can anyone who claims to have studied the subject not know about them.

I know. It was one of the first areas I stumbled upon when I investigated the CT claims. It is very difficult not to find the UV star experiment, and to claim that stars were not observed from the lunar surface where they should be is (IMHO) deceitful.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch