Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 479103 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #420 on: January 29, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »
I see goodnight.. is citing his residency in Italy as proof of the Moon hoax. I seem to recall him saying that as Patrick1000 at JREF. He's also claiming to have lived in Istambul. That's Istambul, not Comstamtimople.

It's feeble it really is.

btw I'm not a member at CQ, but I can see threads easily enough. I suspect the 'you need to register' thing is because you're trying to access member details rather than the forum itself.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #421 on: January 29, 2013, 12:02:59 PM »
He's also claiming to have lived in Istambul. That's Istambul, not Comstamtimople.

New monitor, please. Last one has diet coke on it.  ;)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #422 on: January 29, 2013, 12:06:04 PM »
The "everyone's brainwashed but me -- no offense" argument has earned him his first infraction.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #423 on: January 29, 2013, 12:10:57 PM »
He's also claiming to have lived in Istambul. That's Istambul, not Comstamtimople.

Why did Constantinople get the works?
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #424 on: January 29, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »

Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #425 on: January 29, 2013, 12:23:25 PM »
Even Old New York was once New Amsterdam.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #426 on: January 29, 2013, 01:06:18 PM »
I see goodnight.. is citing his residency in Italy as proof of the Moon hoax. I seem to recall him saying that as Patrick1000 at JREF. He's also claiming to have lived in Istambul. That's Istambul, not Comstamtimople.

It's feeble it really is.

btw I'm not a member at CQ, but I can see threads easily enough. I suspect the 'you need to register' thing is because you're trying to access member details rather than the forum itself.

Gaaaah!

On the good side, now the tune stuck in my head isn't from "Peter Pan, Jr." (which I worked all weekend).

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #427 on: January 29, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
I see the problem clearly, we can't send him back to Constantinople and Istanbul doesn't want him back.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #428 on: January 29, 2013, 01:58:13 PM »
I barely prevented myself from pointing that out.  After all, the keys are right next to each other on a keyboard, and it's not that implausible a legitimate typo.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #429 on: January 29, 2013, 02:06:01 PM »
CQ's a bit frustrating.  I was just curious about "snookie's" posts, so I clicked on his name on the above thread and I was taken to the "You must register first" screen.  I suppose there's a good reason for that, but I can't figure out what that might be.

Have you tried doing the same thing on this forum while not logged in? :D

That's one of the reasons I registered. But when you do that, you get tempted to respond.  Case in point...

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #430 on: January 29, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »
I barely prevented myself from pointing that out.  After all, the keys are right next to each other on a keyboard, and it's not that implausible a legitimate typo.
It's the pronunciation, if sounded out, that's hilarious.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #431 on: January 29, 2013, 03:51:41 PM »
Now Tekeli is chomping at the bit to introduce his "militarized Apollo" theory.  We'll see if that doesn't give him away to the CQ mods.
Is that the name he uses on CQ?
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #432 on: January 29, 2013, 04:16:11 PM »
"One recognizes the tiger by its claws."

He did achieve something over there.  Although it might be more properly called an own goal.  Necromanced over a dozen threads, and got many of the regulars invested in them before they were shut down.  Now he's confined to a single thread -- and if experience is any guide, he'll now walk away from it.

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #433 on: January 29, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »
Now Tekeli is chomping at the bit to introduce his "militarized Apollo" theory.  We'll see if that doesn't give him away to the CQ mods.

No, he is (shudder) goodnightsnookieukums.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #434 on: January 29, 2013, 07:40:05 PM »

No, he is (shudder) goodnightsnookieukums.

Oh.  Oh... my.   Well, thank you, i think.  ;)
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz