Author Topic: Faking Space: Auditing Apollo, A Photographic Investigation  (Read 85444 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Faking Space: Auditing Apollo, A Photographic Investigation
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2018, 11:11:46 AM »
Here is a video of the same sequence but edited far differently, perhaps cambo can rethink the mission debriefing.

Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Von_Smith

• Venus
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2018, 12:28:27 PM »
1.  Freefall isn't the same thing as weightlessness

Actually, I think it is.   People in the ISS or even the Apollo spacecraft are "weightless" for the same reason people in the Vomit Comet are:  they are in freefall.  It's not really because earth's gravity is so low as to be neglible.  If that were the main reason, then Jules Verne's notion that space travelers would only experience weightlessness briefly at the earth-moon equipotential would be what we see, but AIUI it isn't.

Offline cambo

• Venus
  • BANNED
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2018, 08:33:18 PM »
“Oh, is that all? Here you go:”

https://www.popsci.com/blog-network/vintage-space/lunar-rover-designing-and-unpacking-car-moon

And? We all know it was built to unfold, but I need the plans to show how it was constructed, in order to fold and unfold. Not just a set of diagrams showing where all the bits went, you get that sort of thing in a flat pack from a furniture store.

“The engines were the only thing worth salvaging”

They are hardly going to tell you they’ve salvaged something which shouldn’t be there.

“there is evidence of some disturbance. They even intentionally took pictures of under the LM descend stage to record it, as linked.”

What proof is a close-up? That would be a very small area to fake. Zoom in and you’ll see all those tiny little rocks that should have been blown away.

“Not a cardboard box”

Ok, several cardboard boxes taped together. Would you like to explain why they would be confident of landing it?

“No science is needed to spot blue sky and clouds through a window, when Apollo 11 was supposedly half way to the moon”

“Didn't happen. The claim is false.”

It’s not a claim, you blind little soul, it’s a fact. What else could it be? We are talking official Apollo footage here, and although there are different edited versions, it’s all allegedly genuine footage from the journey to the moon.

Here it’s at 33:40

Here it’s at 33:50

Here it’s at 15:17

And here again at 33:50

You need to either give your own explanation to what you see through that window, which points to them being genuinely on their way to the moon, or explain why you think it is not genuine footage.

“How you would react and how people trained to land on the moon would react are not the same thing.”

I disagree, we are all human, and what these men were allegedly part of was just incredible, even by your standards, surely. It was the greatest achievement by mankind to date, and I and the rest of the world’s population in possession of their own faculties, would be buzzing our frigging nuts off. I’d turn up to that press conference in t-shirt and jeans, I’m a superstar after all. I’d be lying back on my chair with my hands clasped behind my head and my feet on the table with a joint hanging from my mouth, it was the sixties after all. My smug grin would be so wide, I’d get into the Guinness book of records. But you would be slouched there, looking down at the table, nervously fiddling with your pen, hoping no one would realise you were repeating the words you were hearing through your earpiece, As you knew nothing of what you did, because you never done it.

“Anyone who claims there wasn't noticeable disturbance is either lying or ignorant of the subject matter.”

Show me.

“Science doesn't need to explain budget constraints”

Just once, as opposed to nine?

“But you do need to understand dishonest editing and that Bean knows more about the VAB than you ever will”

Has he been educated since, because he knew naff all, at the time of the interview.

“How do you propose to test land a vehicle designed for use in space and a 1/6G (airless) environment?”

Either remotely, or just scrap the idea.

“No science is needed to spot blue sky and clouds through a window, when Apollo 11 was supposedly half way to the moon”

“I suggest you do some research, this question has been answered time and time again.”

So answer it.

“A mission to go where exactly? Actually the Russians tried to emulate (or even beat the Americans) with a lunar landing, unfortunately their N1 rocket failed.”

Around the moon of course, and the Russians failed because it was impossible at the time, and still is.

“Can you prove that Sibrel did not edit this interview? He has been guilty of it before”

He delivers one sentence in the clip, how could that sentence possibly be taken out of context?

“Try listening to the cockpit recording Chesley Sullenberger, Captain of US Airways 1549 as he attempts something no-one has ever managed to do successfully before... land a jet airliner (suffering a double engine failure) and full of passengers, on a river.”

He’s nervous, we can hear the croak in his voice, although I’m sure he was confident of making a successful landing, as he will have known how his aeroplane would work under those circumstances, due to his training.

“I seem to recall that you were the one who made the claim that the footage en-route, and on the Moon, was filmed on a large non-vacuum sound stage”

Only the moon walks.

“and that all the effects of vacuum and low gravity were added as effects later”

I never said that, unless you mean slowing it down for playback? And what are these vacuum effects I keep hearing about, could anybody be more specific?

“implies that you believe there are people living the high life on their ill-gotten gains from Apollo (and other programmes”

As they aren’t building functional hardware, apart from the odd empty rocket, they have billions left over from the tax money they receive for the stuff they’re not actually doing.

“If you're sure these people exist, why has nobody tracked them down to expose the hoax?”

Like Bart Sibrel? Not an easy job when one gets punched in the face by a man so terrified of being found out, that he resorts to violence.

“it's been pointed out many times that your ideas just don't work, and there would be, at a minimum, tens of thousands of people who could expose it.”

Where the hell are you getting your figures from, one hundred for Apollo, and another couple of hundred for other projects, and an extra few dozen since the emergence of CGI (The ISS).

“Well there was live TV of the rover being unpacked”

What’s your point?

“The physics of landing a rocket-powered vehicle on the Moon were well known and tested by the time of Apollo 11”

You mean these?

https://www.edn.com/electronics-blogs/edn-moments/4427834/Luna-9-makes-first-lunar-soft-landing--February-3--1966

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveyor_1

https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_13#/media/File:Luna-13_lander.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveyor_3#/media/File:Surveyor_3_on_Moon.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveyor_5#/media/File:Surveyor_NASA_lunar_lander.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveyor_6#/media/File:Surveyor_NASA_lunar_lander.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surveyor_7#/media/File:Surveyor_NASA_lunar_lander.jpg

If I didn’t know you people better, I’d think you were pulling my leg, the usually excuse is that those astronauts were a bunch of hard b#@t?rds.

“I never once saw a crater under a landed Harrier”

Nor would I expect to see a crater under a Lunar Lander.

“whereas the Lunar Module is operating in a vacuum and the exhaust will be more diffuse. An effect that can be seen during a rocket launch, as the rocket gets higher the exhaust is seen to spread out as the atmospheric pressure reduces”

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

“Lander had no "trunk". The rover was packed externally as you would well know if you were capable of operating google”

Another example of your inability to understand humour and sarcasm.

“For anyone who hasn't seen the excellent Moon Machines series, here's the segment on the LRV:”

Thanks, I actually downloaded this video and watched it on my TV. Very interesting, and I enjoyed it immensely, and I actually think it would work. It’s just a shame, they couldn’t get it to the moon to test it. I then watched the Lunar Module episode, which was a massive disappointment, lots of information, without actually explaining anything.

“Anyone who claims that there is "no noticeable disturbance" isn't looking at the pictures closely enough”

So post a picture and point it out.

“Here is a video of the same sequence but edited far differently, perhaps cambo can rethink the mission debriefing”

Edited differently? The full version is unedited, and in these carefully chosen segments, they still don’t look comfortable. Maybe if they shortened it to two minutes, they might find something.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2018, 08:48:13 PM »

So post a picture and point it out.
I did myself back in page 7. You must have missed it in your gallop.
Quote from: cambo
Edited differently? The full version is unedited, and in these carefully chosen segments, they still don’t look comfortable. Maybe if they shortened it to two minutes, they might find something.
The Apollo 11 astronauts spent in a couple weeks in quarantine in the remote possibility they had brought back some kind of pathogen from the moon and spent much of that time in debriefing from the mission itself. All the Apollo 11 astronauts were married men with families. Now, put yourself in their shoes. They've been away from their families for some time, and they're probably coming to terms with having probably hit their 'peak' as far as personal achievements go, and now you're going to deal with the press. I don't know about you, but I'd be a little grumpy in their position as well.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:50:49 PM by raven »

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2018, 09:11:28 PM »
I have T-shirts from 'Walking the Room', 'The Dollop', two US Navy shirts, one Eglin AFB shirt, two NASM and one NASA / JSC t-shirts.

Guess I must be part of the Military Industrial Complex (comedy sub-section).
How about Donald-Trump-as-JFK NASA shirts: "We do these things not because they are hard, but because they are easy."

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2018, 09:39:03 PM »
And? We all know it was built to unfold, but I need the plans to show how it was constructed, in order to fold and unfold. Not just a set of diagrams showing where all the bits went, you get that sort of thing in a flat pack from a furniture store.

Handwaving. You can SEE in the video and the drawings that the LRV was strapped AGAINST the Descent Stage, not inside it, and that it could unfold. You no more need blueprints to see that the LRV could be packed and deployed than you need to examine the blueprints to an umbrella to prove that someone can pull it out of an umbrella stand and open it.

Quote from: AtomicDog
   The engines were the only thing worth salvaging

They are hardly going to tell you they’ve salvaged something which shouldn’t be there.

I have no idea what this sentence means.

"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2018, 09:46:24 PM »
“Try listening to the cockpit recording Chesley Sullenberger, Captain of US Airways 1549 as he attempts something no-one has ever managed to do successfully before... land a jet airliner (suffering a double engine failure) and full of passengers, on a river.”

He’s nervous, we can hear the croak in his voice, although I’m sure he was confident of making a successful landing, as he will have known how his aeroplane would work under those circumstances, due to his training.

Yet another example of your ignorance of aviation / aeronautics:

...However, despite his composure during the accident, Sully reveals to Telegraph Travel that he had received minimal training for a water landing (or “ditching”).

“The only training we had gotten for a water landing was reading a few paragraphs in a manual and having a brief classroom discussion,” he said.

“Little has changed since our flight. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has adopted only six of the 35 safety recommendations made by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) in its final report on Flight 1549. We owe it to all who fly to act on what we have learned and not just let important recommendations gather dust on a shelf.”

He added: “I am still very glad that we were able to save every life in such a sudden and intense crisis for which we had never been specifically trained.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/what-happens-when-a-plane-lands-on-water/

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2018, 12:13:13 AM »
Dig this, if you haven't already:
http://www.arrl.org/eavesdropping-on-apollo-11
Thanks so much for posting that story, I’ve read it before, but I enjoyed reading it again, so thanks again.
Excellent. You're welcome. Could we please have your thoughts on it?

Offline Geordie

• Earth
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2018, 12:24:49 AM »
Science can’t explain why no country has sent people beyond the safety of Earth orbit since Apollo.
You are right on the money here.
 Science is neither equipped nor intended to explain politics.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2018, 12:36:11 AM »

It’s not a claim, you blind little soul, it’s a fact. What else could it be? We are talking official Apollo footage here, and although there are different edited versions, it’s all allegedly genuine footage from the journey to the moon.

Here it’s at 33:40

Here it’s at 33:50

Here it’s at 15:17

And here again at 33:50

You need to either give your own explanation to what you see through that window, which points to them being genuinely on their way to the moon, or explain why you think it is not genuine footage.

You might want to go back to the solid proof I gave you some time ago that you have ignored consistently.

The light through the windows is filtered by tints. The view outside is not in LEO. The explanation is that what you are seeing is the Earth. The Earth exactly as it should be at the time of those broadcasts, right down to every cloud. Convicted criminal Bart Sibrel (who deserved the punch in the face and much much more for his persistent stalking) lied when he claimed the footage he was sent was sent to him by accident. He was sent what anyone could be sent when they asked for it, and the images in the footage he got was published in newspapers and broadcast on live TV. Sibrel's claim that it was in LEO and they used cutouts to mask the Earth is utter garbage.

Educate yourself

http://onebigmonkey.com/apollo/CATM/ch4/a11/ch4_3_1a.html

“How you would react and how people trained to land on the moon would react are not the same thing.”

I disagree, we are all human, and what these men were allegedly part of was just incredible, even by your standards, surely. It was the greatest achievement by mankind to date, and I and the rest of the world’s population in possession of their own faculties, would be buzzing our frigging nuts off. I’d turn up to that press conference in t-shirt and jeans, I’m a superstar after all. I’d be lying back on my chair with my hands clasped behind my head and my feet on the table with a joint hanging from my mouth, it was the sixties after all. My smug grin would be so wide, I’d get into the Guinness book of records. But you would be slouched there, looking down at the table, nervously fiddling with your pen, hoping no one would realise you were repeating the words you were hearing through your earpiece, As you knew nothing of what you did, because you never done it.

Your answer doesn't change mine one bit. The crew were not loudmouth braggadocios convinced of their own superiority.

“Anyone who claims there wasn't noticeable disturbance is either lying or ignorant of the subject matter.”

Show me.

Just ignorant of the subject matter. Learn some manners, you might get more back.

“Science doesn't need to explain budget constraints”

Just once, as opposed to nine?

Moon missions cost money.

“But you do need to understand dishonest editing and that Bean knows more about the VAB than you ever will”

Has he been educated since, because he knew naff all, at the time of the interview.

I suggest you go look at Gemini transcripts he was involved in and check that out.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2018, 03:20:17 AM »
with regard to the Bart Sibrel faking halfway to the moon issue i have seen this 3 part documentary. i dont know if this has been seen by anybody else here

parts 2 and 3 are available on the right of this video

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2018, 01:05:45 PM »

I'd show up in the fanciest clothes I could get my hands on knowing the eyes of the world were on me and it was my opportunity to shine.  I wouldn't be doing anything blatantly illegal, and even if I would, I'd imagine the reasons I wouldn't smoke pot wouldn't change any in that era.  Besides, what need would you have for artificial highs after the highest high a human had ever experienced?  Gee, I guess we must be different people.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2018, 01:30:47 PM »
with regard to the Bart Sibrel faking halfway to the moon issue i have seen this 3 part documentary. i dont know if this has been seen by anybody else here

parts 2 and 3 are available on the right of this video
That would be svectors film (used to be a member here). Part 4 and 5 are also available, however, svector himself has re-released it as a single 39 minute documentary about a month ago.

You can view it here on his channel in it's entirety.

Better resolution too in this release.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2018, 02:23:40 PM »
Cambo is a very old-fashioned conspiracy nut. He reminds me of hoax-believers from over 20 years ago in that his "arguments" are basic, simplistic and rely on arguments from incredulity or ignorance. His inability to learn means that he hasn't learned beyond the most basic of hoax beliefs.

More to be pitied than laughed at.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline jfb

• Mars
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »

At a distance of 200,000 km (a little more than halfway between the Earth and Moon), the Earth has an angular size of around 3.6 degrees.  For comparison, the Moon as seen from Earth has an angular size of about half a degree.  So, picture a full Moon in the sky, then imagine it about 7 times bigger - that's how big the Earth would have appeared out the window of the CM midway through transit. 

That's pretty damned big, big enough to fill a window, especially as shot through a camera with its own limited field of view. 

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:01:19 PM by jfb »