Author Topic: SpaceX launch and landing, all in one frame  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Apollo 957

• Earth
SpaceX launch and landing, all in one frame
« on: January 19, 2018, 04:35:53 PM »
Just thought I'd share. I love the way that it shows EXACTLY the trajectory outlined in SpaceX's diagrams of what they do with the Falcon9.

From http://johnkrausphotos.com/

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: SpaceX launch and landing, all in one frame
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 11:08:20 AM »
Cool illustration, it will be good to see the Falcon Heavy with two landing on land with the center landing on the barge.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 02:09:29 PM »
Cool illustration, it will be good to see the Falcon Heavy with two landing on land with the center landing on the barge.
Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed it works.

Offline nickrulercreator

• Venus
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 04:58:49 PM »
There's a lot of cool information about the links. An independent photographer made this 164-image gif of the entire launch and landing, using photos he took:

https://www.reddit.com/r/space/comments/7kak5q/i_created_a_164image_gif_timelapse_of_yesterdays/
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 09:23:32 AM »
Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed it works.

Yes hopefully they get it right the first time.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan