Author Topic: New proof moonlanding hoax: Cue Cards  (Read 7469 times)

Offline apollo16uvc

• Mars
  • Where no telescope has gone before.
    • Patreon
New proof moonlanding hoax: Cue Cards
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:52:15 AM »
The conspiracy theorists have found new proof for the Apollo hoax, the cue cards and 16mm calibration frames:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:53:59 AM by apollo16uvc »
Watch me at: YouTube
Experience the past: Flickr
Support me on Patreon

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: New proof moonlanding hoax: Cue Cards
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 12:41:56 PM »
What they make of the Apollo 12 cuff checklists, I wonder. ;)

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »
What they make of the Apollo 12 cuff checklists, I wonder. ;)

Congratulations! You win the Internet.
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 01:20:26 PM »
I've seen this bit of stupid before and it's a perfect indicator of just how little effort this idiots put in, and how gullible the people who swallow it are. All debunkable in seconds.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 08:53:07 PM »
Wasn't Jones the guy who took the calibration photos prior to each mission?  I saw some bunk some months ago indicating that the calibration photos were taken before the missions started.  Well of course they were, when else would NASA want calibration charts from each roll of film?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 09:47:43 PM »
Wasn't Jones the guy who took the calibration photos prior to each mission?  I saw some bunk some months ago indicating that the calibration photos were taken before the missions started.  Well of course they were, when else would NASA want calibration charts from each roll of film?
It's called calibration. I am certain you know that. I am certain everyone else here knows that. It appears that some are too stupid to know that. What those wingnuts think is that there was no plan at all. Neil should have stepped on the Moon an said "Now what?" As though NOTHING was planned in detail. Were it on a movie set,one would know that in advance.

I note the "C" rock made an appearance

The video is a bucket of LIES. and long sought old talking points.

That video is moronic.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 05:52:17 AM »

Jones was also something they passed on EVA 3:

164:30:42 Cernan: I've got to move over here a little.

164:30:44 Schmitt: That must be Jones (Crater).

164:30:45 Cernan: Where are you looking?

164:30:46 Schmitt: Off to the right.

164:37:01 Schmitt: I don't like the sound of your bounces. Okay, you've got yourself in some holes here. (Pause) You've never...I've read you all along, though, so there's no problem. Okay, there's a big crater. I haven't recognized Jones yet. (Pause) Looks like you're getting up on the rim of Henry here.

Offline nickrulercreator

• Venus
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 02:16:41 PM »
This video is just stupidly stupid.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 03:30:13 PM »
Sure. The video is stupid on many levels, The cranks will, nevertheless, drink that koolaid. ~I~ could, arguendo,  assume that mantle if you want to expose how hollow the hoax nonsense is. But it gets real silly real quick.

You could paint yourself into the very same corner as inconceivable, but I have no idea why you might want to do so.  That would simply render you Vizzini..

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »
I like the idea that there are various levels of stupidity, one of which is "stupidly stupid"  ;D
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 06:12:50 PM »
I like the idea that there are various levels of stupidity, one of which is "stupidly stupid"  ;D
I'd say it's when something is incredibly stupid, yet not even in a particularly 'clever' or novel way, like the same, boring litany of hoax claims that get trotted out time and time again.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 04:39:20 AM »
i do always chuckle when i think of all these scientists and experts the world over who have access to all these knowledge bases and somehow its always youtube that seems to provide proof lol

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 05:05:04 AM »
Reminds me of two little quotes:

"You are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts..."

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge"."

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 08:51:07 AM »
[/quote]

It's like having levels of wrong and wronger.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 12:19:39 PM »
I don't know about stupid, but there are certainly categories of "wrong."

Asimov may have started it with his famous essay "The Relativity of Wrong" where he points out (and, boy do I hate to try to paraphrase Asimov!) that saying the Earth is flat is wrong, but since it is a potato-lumpy oblate spheroid (if you measure close enough) it is also wrong to say it is round; HOWEVER, saying these are both equally wrong statements is much, much wronger than either of them.

The point of the essay being that science generally progresses, and each successive answer is a little more accurate. But anyhow.

That probably led to the formation of "Wronger than Wrong." I myself use "Trivially Wrong," in which there's a specific error but the overall picture ends up essentially the same.

But then you get more interesting nuances like, "Fractally Wrong," in which the wrong conclusion is made from the wrong arguments based on the wrong data; it is wrong at every level you examine it.

And of course there's our friend Pauli with "Not Even Wrong," when whatever it is, is formulated/presented/argued in a fashion so orthogonal to evidence or logic it isn't possible to engage with it in any rational manner.