Author Topic: Chemtrails. The reality.  (Read 86967 times)

Offline RedneckR0nin

• Venus
  • RnR
Re: Chemtrails. The reality.
« Reply #210 on: June 25, 2012, 04:57:36 PM »
You can't really "explain" anything to these people, because they distrust everyone that supports "the official story", or think that you're one of "the sheeple".  If they assume you're deluded or lying before even considering the facts, how they can accept an explanation?

Of course, that's not to say you shouldn't try.  It's just unlikely they'll say "Oh, I was wrong all along!"  More than likely, a couple months or years down the line, they then will start thinking "Wow, you know, maybe I was being stupid after all."
Believe it or not I have convinced ONE...count 'em...ONE guy to reconsider and then reverse his view on the situation...it was a proud day for me...one that will live in infamy in my heart!  ;D
We landed..you too can learn this if you research

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #211 on: June 25, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »
Huh, not bad.  That's certainly worth something.   8)
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

My blog about life, universe, and everything: http://solusl.blogspot.com/

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »
Believe it or not I have convinced ONE...count 'em...ONE guy to reconsider and then reverse his view on the situation...it was a proud day for me...one that will live in infamy in my heart!  ;D

"Infamy" is bad.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »
Bad is the new good!
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »
The chemtards claim aluminium is being sprayed and this is causing health problems the world over. But chemtrails are white and aluminium is silver. I'm more confused than ever.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »
Well, aluminum oxide (alumina, Al2O3) is white. But it's also an extremely common material in the environment, so what's the point?

(And alumina actually is deposited in the upper atmosphere in large amounts by solid rocket engines.)

Their theory has another problem: aluminum has very little biological toxicity, so it seems a poor choice of poison. Many people voluntarily consume large amounts of the stuff in the form of Al(OH)3 as a component of most antacids with no apparent ill effect.

Offline RedneckR0nin

• Venus
  • RnR
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2012, 09:19:53 AM »
There has also been public records released of cloud seeding which sometimes strengthen their views when they see this form of attempted weather manipulation out in the open. We have a extensive research and practical cloud seeding program outside of Calgary..to try and induce hail before prairie...what they fail to realize is the silver levels the public is exposed to is about ten times less than if you have fillings in your mouth.

Offline RedneckR0nin

• Venus
  • RnR
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »

"Infamy" is bad.
It was bad...frankly the anxiety I suffered from the shock was almost more than I could handle.

Offline ipearse

• Venus
  • There is no such thing as a stupid question
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
considering they are flying mere 200 meters apart.

200 metres apart - I don't think so. Standard traffic spacing is at least 1 km separation horizontally, 1,000 feet vertically. In a TMA the horizontal spacing is usually larger, except where you have parallel runways.

Edit: Doh! Covered much more thoroughly elsewhere... that's what comes of not keeping up with the board!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 05:08:50 PM by ipearse »
"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but we cannot live in the cradle forever" - Konstantin Tsiolkovski

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »
Reading this thread was actually the first time I had ever heard of this particular CT.

And I have to say, it may be the dumbest one I've run across yet. Not one shred of evidence except for paranoia and overactive imaginations.

Hell, even I can look through the available Apollo information and come up with questions. They all have valid answers, of course, but at least there are questions that can be asked. This just seems like it's made up out of thin air.

Well, cold thin air and a bit of water vapor.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2012, 02:11:13 AM »
I would hesitate to say that this is the dumbest CT out there. There may be others that I've not heard about yet that are even dumber.

Offline SolusLupus

• Earth
« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2012, 02:12:39 AM »
What, dumber than static earth theory?
“Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.” -- Kahlil Gibran

My blog about life, universe, and everything: http://solusl.blogspot.com/

Offline RedneckR0nin

• Venus
  • RnR
« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2012, 07:52:11 AM »
I would hesitate to say that this is the dumbest CT out there. There may be others that I've not heard about yet that are even dumber.
I guess Reptilians is a close contender....or HAARP...regardless....if something has the title of dumbest Conspiracy one thing is for certain...it won't hold that title for long! ;D

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2012, 10:56:55 AM »
Well, there may well be - in fact I'm sure there are - dumber ones. I'm recently retired/disabled and with lots of free time, my interest has kinda been piqued by the CT world. So, I'm still new here and I'm just saying this is the dumbest one so far. Even though they're still arguing controlled demolition over on the 9/11 boards.

Let me qualify that a little bit more; I don't really consider "theories" that bring in things from completely outside the pale, like alien structures on the moon and such. That's just where I set my personal bar - I don't mean to try to impose on anyone else, of course.

For me, I think the best thing that has come from this so far is my renewed interest in the Apollo Project. When I was a kid I was a space travel nut; I remember getting space travel books in the mail with sheets of stickers to lick-and-stick in them (any other oldies out there remember those?), and I knew more about Goddard, Stapp, and Yeager than Washington and Jefferson. I remember being at Myrtle Beach as a rising high school senior and seriously pissing off this girl from Tennessee because I wanted to watch the Apollo 11 coverage instead of sitting out on the dark porch with her. So the ALSJ and other stuff that's available on line now is a treasure trove for me. Not to mention reading the posts of those of you who actually work in the field and are more than willing to explain technical stuff.

Well, that ran on, didn't it? Sorry.

EDIT:
OK, I just looked through the Conspiracies of FAIL thread. I stand corrected. However, I did learn a new phrase that I just love. It's listed in wiki as one of the characteristics of a conspiracy theory:
  • It shows a lack of comprehension of the practical psychology of those who are not paranoid.
Isn't that just a lovely turn of phrase? And doesn't it remind you of so many HBs?

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:21:25 AM by Noldi400 »
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline RedneckR0nin

• Venus
  • RnR
« Reply #224 on: July 06, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »
Well, there may well be - in fact I'm sure there are - dumber ones. I'm recently retired/disabled and with lots of free time, my interest has kinda been piqued by the CT world. So, I'm still new here and I'm just saying this is the dumbest one so far. Even though they're still arguing controlled demolition over on the 9/11 boards.

Let me qualify that a little bit more; I don't really consider "theories" that bring in things from completely outside the pale, like alien structures on the moon and such. That's just where I set my personal bar - I don't mean to try to impose on anyone else, of course.

For me, I think the best thing that has come from this so far is my renewed interest in the Apollo Project. When I was a kid I was a space travel nut; I remember getting space travel books in the mail with sheets of stickers to lick-and-stick in them (any other oldies out there remember those?), and I knew more about Goddard, Stapp, and Yeager than Washington and Jefferson. I remember being at Myrtle Beach as a rising high school senior and seriously pissing off this girl from Tennessee because I wanted to watch the Apollo 11 coverage instead of sitting out on the dark porch with her. So the ALSJ and other stuff that's available on line now is a treasure trove for me. Not to mention reading the posts of those of you who actually work in the field and are more than willing to explain technical stuff.

Well, that ran on, didn't it? Sorry.
PLease don't apologize as I am always interested in learning and listening to someone older and wiser than myself. It is always something I will do and always enjoy doing. I would say most of the practical things I use on a day to day basis I did not learn for myself, that they were taught or instilled by someone that knew.....and I had the good sense to accept that they know more than I and listened.
EDIT:
OK, I just looked through the Conspiracies of FAIL thread. I stand corrected. However, I did learn a new phrase that I just love. It's listed in wiki as one of the characteristics of a conspiracy theory:
  • It shows a lack of comprehension of the practical psychology of those who are not paranoid.
Isn't that just a lovely turn of phrase? And doesn't it remind you of so many HBs?

It is a great quote most definitely. I too argued for 2.5 years with the 9/11 troofers over controlled demolition, a missle hitting the pentagon and so forth. I have since retired from that as I went into it with the notion that their was a great force working behind the scenes....the more I researched the more I found against my initial opinion....I searched harder...the more I did the less I had to base my opinion on...until all was left to do was admit I was wrong and and conclude it was what it was...a attack by a insurgent group to bring the terror home to them that was felt in other parts of the world.

I have to say aren't you the romantic?..
"Hey hunny wanna make out on the porch and watch the stars and tell each other our dreams and wishes?"

"Are you KIDDING?....Neil Armstrong is about to bounce around on the moon and take pictures of Buzz Aldrin"

I relate to this in so many ways and found the mental picture of it to be more than humorous. I do however thank my luck that there are people like you in this world. I would have never called myself a HB but I gave say 10% merit to their claims at one point...thankfully one of them was ignorant beyond logic and to more so outta of spite started down the long path of critical thinking and research of not only Apollo but 9/11, Jfk,Chemtrails and other beliefs that some claim to exist right before our eyes. Thankfully their is forums and information that is so easily accessed nowadays as if I had to go to the library and research I would have probably not gotten passed Apollo yet....just as time would not have been available to get the amount of research in needed for myself to think what is and isn't conclusive.