Author Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 832379 times)

Offline Heiwa

• Earth
  • BANNED
Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #990 on: January 14, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
So the ISS is a fake as well?  ::) ::)

How the hell does he explain that bright thing that shoots across the sky then? And the thousands of amateur astronomers (myself included) that have seen it through our own telescopes? Or people like Thierry Legault who is an expert at imaging the ISS?
http://legault.perso.sfr.fr/iss_100424.html

Truly, some people are dumber than rocks.

Yes, the ISS is fake. NASA informs me regularly when the ISS passes above my roof terrace at dusk 5-7 pm (sun below west horizon) in 3-4 minutes and, I agree, something, a light dot, is passing at the given times. I have seen it many times. But the 100 m across ISS is a 400 000 m altitude and cannot be seen by naked eye. I have tried with binocular w/o success. Telescope? Doubt it. Object moves too quickly. Photos of it being the ISS published are fake. We have wondered what it can be. Some unmanned superdrone at 50 000 m altitude?
The ISS is fake because you cannot get down from it alive. Try to win my Challenge - see post #1.

I agree some people are pretty dumb. I have worked in the heavy industry for 45 years and for that you have to be clever. What about you?

Maybe I saw this thing being tested in  the sky - http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57563829-235/space-station-to-test-$17-million-inflatable-room/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:13:26 PM by Heiwa »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #991 on: January 14, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »
I'm sure he is.  He appears to have his own cheering section that is just as clueless as he is.  Reminds me of Jack White only not as competent.

Bird(brains) of a feather.  And I agree that when one's arrogance and incompetence reaches the point of drawing others away from legitimate knowledge and understanding, one's reputation falls into some sort of negative territory.

It follows from my hypothesis about why Björkman does this that he would be more comfortable where clueless people cheer him on.  People who believe a thing for political, social, or religious reasons latch onto pseudoscientists who can put an intellectual veneer over those beliefs.  It reduces their cognitive dissonance that arises from believing an unpopular or controversial thing.  It also gives them a champion.  It comforts them to believe that a smart, professional person endorses their belief.  On the other side, Björkman's fantasy construct -- the one where he's a talented engineer -- gradually becomes populated with real people.  This makes the construct more real for him.

I predict a betting chance that he'll be back for some kind of fringe reset, but not for any meaningful debate.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #992 on: January 14, 2013, 01:51:55 PM »
If someone is wondering where Heiwa went after being banned and where he's getting his arguments explaining away the ISS...
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=59&start=1065#p2379753

Given some of the things posted in that thread, I think he fits perfectly there.
Oh, reading that made my head hurt.

Plus I noticed Heiwa has been a member there for a few years. Well, I hope he's happy there.

I'm sure he is.  He appears to have his own cheering section that is just as clueless as he is.  Reminds me of Jack White only not as competent.

I note that Heiwa said he had "no idea" what was going on here after being banned... despite the fact you can read the forum without even being a member, and in fact he was "active" on the board (logged in, I presume) less than an hour ago.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #993 on: January 14, 2013, 02:12:44 PM »
Less than an hour ago? Do you think he knows he can post again?

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #994 on: January 14, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »
I can't wait. ::)
Who wants to bet his first post will be to tell us all off for going off topic and to 'remind' us what this thread is 'really' about?

Offline Andromeda

• Jupiter
« Reply #995 on: January 14, 2013, 02:23:49 PM »
Who wants to bet his first post will be to tell us all off for going off topic and to 'remind' us what this thread is 'really' about?

I've got a bet on with Jason that Heiwa will claim that there was "something wrong with the forum" for the past week because he doesn't understand that he was banned any more than he understood that he isn't the moderator.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #996 on: January 14, 2013, 02:56:52 PM »
And again less than an hour ago (as of 1550 Eastern time, or 19 2050 UTC).

(waves) Hi, HeiwaAre you still claiming to have a million Euros to give out?  And are you still claiming the Shuttle has no heat shield?  And that no one has seen the ISS or Shuttle in orbit?  And that you can form an energy balance by ignoring part of the system in the final state after including it in the initial state?  Etc., etc. 

Looking forward to your direct answers to these and other questions, and your evidence for your claims.

Edit: Oops, we're on Standard time.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #997 on: January 14, 2013, 03:45:59 PM »

I've got a bet on with Jason that Heiwa will claim that there was "something wrong with the forum" for the past week because he doesn't understand that he was banned any more than he understood that he isn't the moderator.
That would not surprise me in the slightest. :P

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #998 on: January 14, 2013, 09:41:35 PM »
Sorry guys, he posted hours ago but I was at work and couldn't moderate them. It seems Raven was more or less correct that his first (or one of his first) posts warned people to stay on topic. Which is partly why he's banned for another 7 days.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Online Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #999 on: January 14, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »
The way Apollo 11 was headed as it passed the Moon, the lunar gravity would have pulled it right round and sent it off on a heading back to Earth. This was the free return trajectory designed into the early missions as a safety factor. If the astronauts did nothing at this point they would still come home safely.

Hm, according NASA the Apollo 11 fired its rocket engine to get into permanent Moon orbit at 1500 m/s and at suitable altitude. I assume you agree that purpose of firing the rocket engine was to slow down? Pls advise.
The LOI burn was designed to reduce the spacecraft's speed relative to the Moon.

It seems ~10 tons of fuel was used for this maneuver. Do you agree? Pls advise.
Yes, about that, according to the Apollo Flight Journal: http://history.nasa.gov/ap11fj/11day4-loi1.htm

According you, had Apollo 11 not fired its rocket, it would still go into Moon orbit and, after half an orbit, Apollo 11 would escape Moon orbit again and return to Earth - free return trajectory. Are you certain? Pls advise.
It wouldn't enter and leave orbit. It would swing around the Moon, its trajectory bent by the Moon's gravity.

Right, so you also don't understand orbital mechanics. Read this page: http://www.braeunig.us/space/orbmech.htm

Do you not think that a spacecraft's path past a planet might differ depending on how fast it's going?

Has any meteor arriving close to Earth ever got into Earth orbit and then ... WHOOPS - escaped again out of orbit - a free return? Small meteors burn up, big meteors crash. Pls explain about free meteor return!
Right, you've completely missed the point. Meteors passing close to the Earth very quickly don't enter orbit and then leave. They just whip by, their paths bent by the Earth's gravity. The amount of bending depends on how fast the meteor is going and how close it passes to the Earth. Exactly the same with Apollo 11 (and 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17) and the Moon.

In my opinion you could never escape from Moon gravity/orbit unless you applied a new force to your space ship, e.g. by using your rocket engine.
That's correct - if you actually enter orbit in the first place. In the case of Apollo, that was the Trans-Earth Injection burn. But if you don't slow down in the first place, you don't enter lunar orbit.

Moon gravity may change your course, pull you into orbit or pull you so you crash. Probability for a 180° course change is 0.
Can you show us your calculations for that.

In order to win my Challenge - see post #1 - I feel you have to understand these basic questions.
In order to win your Challenge we need to know the money exists. Please provide proof.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1000 on: January 14, 2013, 10:29:11 PM »
I would suggest that the first, most important question for him to answer is "What proof do you have that the money exists?"  Until that, there is no million-euro challenge.  There's just a series of misunderstandings about physics and engineering; in short, nothing new or interesting.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Online Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #1001 on: January 14, 2013, 10:43:27 PM »
... the LES is needed only on the pad and during atmospheric flight when aerodynamic forces are extreme. Things can go to hell in a handbasket very, very quickly. So quickly that there may be no time for the commander to turn the celebrated abort handle. There's an automatic abort system called the Emergency Detection System (EDS).

Once they're out of the atmosphere, things become relatively laid back. Acceleration is much lower, and there's time to initiate an abort manually, if necessary, and it can be conducted with the existing propulsion systems in the CSM.
Well, before you can even use the SM rocket engine you have to do the famous 180° flip and connect the CM to the LM.
Why? Do you know what the word 'abort' means? Just to confirm, it means 'end the mission early', because something has gone wrong. In the case of an abort during launch there's no need for the CM to dock with the LM.

But first you have to get away the LES on top of the CM.
Dear Lord, you have no clue, do you.

1. The first stage of the Saturn V generated high levels of acceleration. In addition the rocket still had most of its fuel, making any explosion larger. Therefore in the case of an abort it was necessary to get the CM far away quickly. Hence the LES.

2. The second and third stages of the Saturn V produced much lower levels of acceleration, and the rocket had by then used a lot of its fuel, making any explosion smaller. The SPS engine provided enough thrust to get the CM away if an abort was needed. Why get rid of the LES? Simply because if the SPS engine could do the job, the LES was unnecessary additional weight.

How about reading the Apollo Flight Journal page for the launch of Apollo 11. It explains the different abort modes during launch: http://history.nasa.gov/ap11fj/01launch.htm

How are you getting along with topic? My €1M Challenge! See link #1.
How are you getting along with the proof of the existence of your one million euros?

Online Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #1002 on: January 14, 2013, 10:51:13 PM »
I note from Heiwa's website that he was born in 1946. I wonder what his thoughts were at the time the Apollo missions were happening.
Yes, it is correct that I was born 1946 and thus 23 years old when the Apollo 11 hoax took place. I had just graduated from Chalmers University of Technology with an M.Sc degree in naval architecture and marine engineering. Great stuff.
I'm sure it was great stuff. I know virtually nothing about naval architecture or marine engineering, so I'll happily bow to your knowledge in that field.

To me it was obvious then that the Apollo 11 space ship was 100% unspaceworthy.
Why? On the basis of your naval architecture and marine engineering? Did your course include any units involving Kepler's or Newton's maths regarding orbits?

And now 43 years later I have put a web page together about it. Better late than never.
How old are you?
I'm 45. So I was two at the time of Apollo 11. I remember nothing of Apollo or Skylab. The first space mission I have a vague memory of was Apollo-Soyuz.

I have a Graduate Diploma in Professional Writing. That course included nothing about orbital mechanics. But I learned a lot on the course about narrative. As far as I'm concerned the Apollo narrative is coherent and sensible. I've never read an Apollo Hoax narrative which was coherent or sensible.

I've learned a lot from the internet about how orbits and spacecraft work. I have no reason to doubt anything I've read.

Online Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #1003 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:00 PM »

How the hell does he explain that bright thing that shoots across the sky then? And the thousands of amateur astronomers (myself included) that have seen it through our own telescopes? Or people like Thierry Legault who is an expert at imaging the ISS?

Yes, the ISS is fake. NASA informs me regularly when the ISS passes above my roof terrace at dusk 5-7 pm (sun below west horizon) in 3-4 minutes and, I agree, something, a light dot, is passing at the given times. I have seen it many times. But the 100 m across ISS is a 400 000 m altitude and cannot be seen by naked eye. I have tried with binocular w/o success. Telescope? Doubt it. Object moves too quickly.
Here's a link to a page with orbital data for the ISS. Use it to point a telescope. If you can't do that, then talk to your local astronomical society. I'm sure they'll be happy to help: http://www.heavens-above.com/orbit.aspx?satid=25544&lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=UCT

Photos of it being the ISS published are fake. We have wondered what it can be. Some unmanned superdrone at 50 000 m altitude?
Why? Why would every nation and company which has retrieved spacecraft from space be in on this conspiracy of silence? Why wouldn't the Americans and Soviets have said back in the 1950s that it was impossible to retrieve objects from space? Why the need to maintain the conspiracy all these years?

The ISS is fake because you cannot get down from it alive.
Despite the number of times people have explained to you that the heat of re-entry is not dumped into the spacecraft?

Out of interest, do you believe that sounding rockets are real? That is, rockets which head up into space at less than orbital speed, then return to Earth. Is Bert Rutan's SpaceShip One real? Was the V-2 real?

Try to win my Challenge - see post #1.
Try to prove to us you have a million euros to give away.

I agree some people are pretty dumb. I have worked in the heavy industry for 45 years and for that you have to be clever. What about you?
And perhaps you are quite clever in marine matters. But you certainly aren't showing that with space matters.

Maybe I saw this thing being tested in  the sky - http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57563829-235/space-station-to-test-$17-million-inflatable-room/
Why that and not the ISS?

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #1004 on: January 15, 2013, 12:11:40 AM »

Yes, the ISS is fake. NASA informs me regularly when the ISS passes above my roof terrace at dusk 5-7 pm (sun below west horizon) in 3-4 minutes and, I agree, something, a light dot, is passing at the given times. I have seen it many times. But the 100 m across ISS is a 400 000 m altitude and cannot be seen by naked eye. I have tried with binocular w/o success. Telescope? Doubt it. Object moves too quickly. Photos of it being the ISS published are fake. We have wondered what it can be. Some unmanned superdrone at 50 000 m altitude?
The ISS is fake because you cannot get down from it alive. Try to win my Challenge - see post #1.

So you think a balloon at 50,000 meters can look the same as a satellite at 400,000 meters?

I'm pretty sure high school geometry is required before they let you into engineering school, much less graduate it.

That'd be some balloon, too.  Or weren't you aware of the speed of a visual pass?