Author Topic: Alien Structures on Moon  (Read 11770 times)

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
Re: Alien Structures on Moon
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 12:06:54 AM »
Well, it's in The Sun so it must be true.... :o ::)

"The only way to understand the Press is to remember that they pander to their readers' prejudices."
- Sir Humphrey Appleby
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 12:09:25 AM »
Yes, and I could have won the lottery this week.  You need more evidence than a mere "could have happened."

You seem a little bit confused.

When onebigmonkey says "He made it up", it's not incumbent on me to prove him/her wrong; it's incumbent on him/her to prove that it's correct.

If I say that onebigmonkey is wrong, and assert that this fellow didn't make up his story (perhaps this is too subtle for you, but you might notice that I did not make any such claim), then I'll provide evidence.

You're not related to the poster "cain" from ISF by any chance?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 01:05:22 PM »
Here are the facts of the matter:

He made it up.

Any questions?

Just what someone involved in a cover up would say.

But how do we know he made it up?  His claim was that when he was a technician fixing some equipment, someone told him there were structures on the moon, and they had photographs, which they showed to him.  How do we know someone didn't actually tell him this, and show him some pictures of N'Djamena?  Could have happened.

IF there were structures photographed on the moon, which were to be kept secret, nobody would show them to some dunce. There are two options: One - he made it up. Two - somebody yanked his chain, and he fell for it.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 05:40:02 PM »
Yes, and I could have won the lottery this week.  You need more evidence than a mere "could have happened."

You seem a little bit confused.

When onebigmonkey says "He made it up", it's not incumbent on me to prove him/her wrong; it's incumbent on him/her to prove that it's correct.

If I say that onebigmonkey is wrong, and assert that this fellow didn't make up his story (perhaps this is too subtle for you, but you might notice that I did not make any such claim), then I'll provide evidence.

Extraordinary claims of this nature require extraordinary evidence of it being true. The burden of proof is solely on the people making, quite frankly, ridiculous statements.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 06:17:19 PM »
Dude, if there were legitimately aliens on the moon there’s literally no way NASA would keep quiet about it. They’d tell us immediately. So much astrobioligical research would be done. They would be provided so much funding. So many things.
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 06:36:18 PM »
Dude, if there were legitimately aliens on the moon there’s literally no way NASA would keep quiet about it. They’d tell us immediately. So much astrobioligical research would be done. They would be provided so much funding. So many things.
Pretty much what I said last page.

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 06:59:19 AM »
Sorry but I have to agree with nweber on this.

My Uncle was a whistleblower on Apollo and he once showed me his list of things to do.

1. Sneak onto set.

2. Sort out 'C' rock.

3. Plant cola bottle.

4. Leave photograph on landing foot.

5. Fill in pit under LM (important).

6. Report to NASA to touch up pictures to hide alien buildings on the moon. n.b. do it badly ( I know this negates 1 to 5 for obvious reasons but as he told me "a guys got to make a living").

7. Any other business.

I'll get me coat!

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »

My Uncle was a whistleblower on Apollo and he once showed me his list of things to do.

1. Sneak onto set.

2. Sort out 'C' rock.

3. Plant cola bottle.

6. Report to NASA to touch up pictures to hide alien buildings on the moon. n.b. do it badly ( I know this negates 1 to 5 for obvious reasons but as he told me "a guys got to make a living").

7. Any other business.

I'll get me coat!

You'll have to do better than this.  This is nothing but BS, just a alleged list of beliefs that have been debunked to the Nth degree.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2018, 11:19:31 AM »

1. Sneak onto set.

2. Sort out 'C' rock.

3. Plant cola bottle.

7. Any other business.

I'll get me coat!

You'll have to do better than this.  This is nothing but BS, just a alleged list of beliefs that have been debunked to the Nth degree.
Ahem!  I think it was a joke...  ;)
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2018, 11:23:26 AM »
Sorry, I thought it was pretty obvious. Especially the 'I'll get me coat bit'.

Maybe it's British humour not carrying.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:25:09 AM by OhPulease »

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 11:27:48 AM »

Aye, unfortunately coat getting isn't a well known paradigm in other parts of the world  ;D
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 11:28:22 AM »
Right over my head, sorry.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline OhPulease

• Venus
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 12:00:23 PM »

Aye, unfortunately coat getting isn't a well known paradigm in other parts of the world  ;D

Still, I think it stood as a spoof in itself. Apologies if you didn't catch it bknight.

Online Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
Right over my head, sorry.

Whoosh!  ;) ;)
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2018, 05:00:16 PM »
There are two options: One - he made it up. Two - somebody yanked his chain, and he fell for it.

I would put my money on option 2.  Having worked for DoD, and just knowing people in general, I have seen a LOT of gullibility and ignorance in this world.  I once knew a marine who honestly believed that browned and wilted vegetation by the security fencing around a nuclear facility was due to radiation exposure, and the fence kept the radiation inside.  Of course, the vegetation had been cut and sprayed to allow visual access to the fencing for security checks (something he SHOULD have known), and that is not how to contain radiation.  I spent 10 to 15 minutes trying to explain this to him, and he seemed to condescendingly agree, but the deer in the headlights look remained.
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin