Apollo Discussions > The Hoax Theory

Faking the moon landings

(1/117) > >>

bknight:
One of the more priceless bits of information concerning the A11 mission is the Jodrell Bank tracking of the mission as it landed.

One source of many

http://www.jodrellbank.net/20-july-1969-lovell-telescope-tracked-eagle-lander-onto-surface-moon/

smartcooky:

--- Quote from: bknight on April 30, 2018, 08:52:34 AM ---One of the more priceless bits of information concerning the A11 mission is the Jodrell Bank tracking of the mission as it landed.

One source of many

http://www.jodrellbank.net/20-july-1969-lovell-telescope-tracked-eagle-lander-onto-surface-moon/

--- End quote ---

I notice the audio player doesn't work on that site (well at least it doesn't for me), but no matter.

Here it is for anyone who wants to download it and listen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chwtsiyzm544w6u/Luna15-Apollo11.mp3?dl=1

Luke Pemberton:

--- Quote from: smartcooky on May 01, 2018, 04:24:10 AM ---Here it is for anyone who wants to download it and listen

--- End quote ---

On the role of Jodrell bank, it was discussed that Doppler shift is evidence of Apollo's veracity. ka9q explained that it would be theoretically possible to fake the Doppler shift, but not possible to fool the operators at the DSN (??? if I recall). I cannot find his post. Does anyone remember exactly what he said on this point? I may have this completely incorrect.

bknight:

--- Quote from: Luke Pemberton on May 01, 2018, 12:38:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: smartcooky on May 01, 2018, 04:24:10 AM ---Here it is for anyone who wants to download it and listen

--- End quote ---

On the role of Jodrell bank, it was discussed that Doppler shift is evidence of Apollo's veracity. ka9q explained that it would be theoretically possible to fake the Doppler shift, but not possible to fool the operators at the DSN (??? if I recall). I cannot find his post. Does anyone remember exactly what he said on this point? I may have this completely incorrect.

--- End quote ---

That sounds like one of the Blunder's claims, along with as I recall, The Russians could not tune their DSN to Apollo's frequency.  In his mind the Russians could track nor listen in .  But I do remember a video of Leonov discussing how they were listening in on the landing live.   So much for the Grandson's ability to research facts.

molesworth:

--- Quote from: Luke Pemberton on May 01, 2018, 12:38:47 PM ---On the role of Jodrell bank, it was discussed that Doppler shift is evidence of Apollo's veracity. ka9q explained that it would be theoretically possible to fake the Doppler shift, but not possible to fool the operators at the DSN (??? if I recall). I cannot find his post. Does anyone remember exactly what he said on this point? I may have this completely incorrect.

--- End quote ---
As you add in more and more, and yet more pieces of evidence to collection of knowledge, it gets to the stage where there would have to have been a vast army of people working on it, and a hidden budget waaay more than the Apollo programme actually cost, to do all of it.  And you'd have to keep it all covered up for a very long time.

As often mentioned, it would be cheaper and easier to actually send people to the Moon...  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version