Author Topic: Jet Wintzer movie "MOON HOAX NOW"  (Read 36320 times)

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
Re: Jet Wintzer movie "MOON HOAX NOW"
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »
I don't know why he makes such a fuzz about "shadows" at about 3:00. Maybe Dwight is able to explain these TV artefacts? (We all know a color wheel was used, but what could have caused these two moving stripes in short succession?)
As for the smudge on the reseau plate, I don't know what to make of it.

12oh2alarm, thanks for the link. Hoax "researchers" aside, even blind Freddy could see that the two objects displayed the sequential colour artefacts as they move. I say that these are cables connecting the uplink TV antenna or the smaller low gain antenna. A cursory glance at the LRV photos clearly show where these cables lay, and how when moved would obstruct the TV lens. I am dismayed that these people aren't even trying anymore.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 10:58:18 PM »
More seriously, and from a more cynical perspective, it's easier to gain audience sympathy if you simply blame the faceless They and Them. Saying that humble, soft spoken gentlemen was a liar? That's a harder sell.

I remember several years ago an HB was rambling on about how the moon rocks are fake and how the geologists who claimed they are from the moon are liars.  Somebody posted a long list of the geologists who had examined the lunar samples and asked the HB to name the individuals he was calling liars.  My recollection is that the HB quickly changed the subject.
Geeze, I've been in this 'business' too long, as that actually rings bells.

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 05:36:51 AM »
Unlike many loons among the CTs, he also credits astronauts as heroic, so I hesitate to toss him in the loony bin.

Believe it or not, I've actually seen several loons call the astronuats heroic, at the same time they are calling them liars and frauds.  Go figure.

(edited to add)

One thing I’ve noticed about many hoax theorists is that they attack us, the defenders of Apollo, and they attack NASA as an organization, but they tend to hesitate personally attacking any of the high-profile individuals at NASA.  Of course by making the claims that they do, and by going after NASA, they are by extension attacking the astronauts and all the people who were part of Apollo.  When we point that fact out, the HB will often start backpedaling.  They’ll sometimes say something like the astronauts were forced into it, or they we just doing what their country asked of them, etc. I guess some HBs just don’t have the guts to put a name and a face to the people they are calling criminals.  Instead they blame the namely and faceless “powers that be”.
Well, given what happened to the last one who did . . .

That clip never gets old "You're coward, a liar and th-(bang)-fffff".
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 06:29:17 AM »
I remember several years ago an HB was rambling on about how the moon rocks are fake and how the geologists who claimed they are from the moon are liars.  Somebody posted a long list of the geologists who had examined the lunar samples and asked the HB to name the individuals he was calling liars.  My recollection is that the HB quickly changed the subject.

That might be this thread in July 2005, Rocks from the Moon
http://apollohoax.proboards.com/thread/614/rocks-moon

The goalpost-shifting hoax-believer at the time was Margamatix, whom Australian member PeterB addressed in the opening post.

The list of scientists, who had put their names forward to examine the Apollo 11 rocks, came from the Apollo 11 Press Kit, which is available at the ALSJ (17th item under Background Material, 9 Mb), or I've done a typescript anyone can have -- Open Document format, 86 A4 pages if printed (250 in the original), 128 kb.

The list of names starts in the third post and continues in the fourth.

Margamatix's first reply regarding the scientists was:
It's not a case of being "in on the hoax". I am sure they genuinely believe in what they are saying, just as those who persecuted "witches" in Salem did in the late 1600s.

The Salem witchcraft hysteria is probably the closest thing in history to moon-landing-belief hysteria, but in the end, the truth outed, and it will about the Apollo moon-faking too.

Ten years have passed, and his "Apollo moon-faking" still hasn't been exposed.

Here's the updated link to the web-page from Washington University in St Louis which Phantom Wolf linked about Lunar Meteorites:--
http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/moon_meteorites.htm

And more technical information about Meteorites with links at the bottom of the page to more literature:--
http://eps.wustl.edu/people/randy_korotev

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:38:10 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 07:19:46 AM »
Ten years have passed, and his "Apollo moon-faking" still hasn't been exposed.
True, but with the increased use of the internet, especially an younger age group, the HB's are still there.  They still exist not necessarily coming to anti HB beliefs like here. Hiding with the anonymity that the internet provides.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 12:02:35 PM »
I don't know; I've read entire books about conspiracism that don't mention hoax belief at all.  I also resent like hell the idea that "people who don't remember Apollo don't believe it's real."  I was -7 when the first Apollo landing happened, and I know they happened.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 12:15:51 PM »
I'm not saying all who were not alive to experience(say maybe 5-7 years old) believe in the conspiracy.  Poll results have indicated that about 6-7% of the general population believe in the conspiracy, but when taking age into the analysis it jumps to 29-30% for the under 25 year olds.  I'll have to find that poll, because I'm remembering and the mind doesn't remember as well as it used to remember. :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 01:00:06 PM »
I have 2006 Dittmar Poll among young American adults indicated 27% expressed doubt NASA went to the moon with 10% of the overall sample indicating that it was "Highly unlikely" that a manned moon landing had ever taken place.  The Zogby poll(2001) mentioned earlier concurs, noting fewer 18-29 year olds than any other age group belive the Moon landing occurred.  Page 64 https://books.google.com/books?id=2SL1BQAAQBAJ&pg=PA64&lpg=PA64&dq=2006+dittmar+associates+poll+concerning+moon+landing&source=bl&ots=hmryQGY_DV&sig=7KSiJ1MY7TFY_Arsk1fkVgnE7ew&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAGoVChMI64PcsYCkxwIVw5qACh2X8Qy3

The numbers were indeed different than my memory, but the conclusion is correct.
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 01:38:22 PM »
Well, I wasn't quite a zygote yet when Challenger and its crew met their fate, so make of that you will.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 01:45:16 PM »
Well, I wasn't quite a zygote yet when Challenger and its crew met their fate, so make of that you will.

I'm too new to grasp the meaning?  Could you please expand the thought?
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 01:59:02 PM »

I'm too new to grasp the meaning?  Could you please expand the thought?
A Zygote is a fertilized egg, and Challenger had its final liftoff on January 29th, 1986, and I was born over 9 months after, meaning I wasn't even conceived at the time.
My point was that I wasn't there for Apollo, and I am still in the 18-29 demographic, and I most certainly am convinced Apollo is real.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 02:04:27 PM »

A Zygote is a fertilized egg, and Challenger had its final liftoff on January 29th, 1986, and I was born over 9 months after, meaning I wasn't even conceived at the time.
My point was that I wasn't there for Apollo, and I am still in the 18-29 demographic, and I most certainly am convinced Apollo is real.
Then you are one of the majority that believes the moon landings occurred, not one of the near 27% that does not.
Correct on both counts?
Eugene Cernan

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »

Then you are one of the majority that believes the moon landings occurred, not one of the near 27% that does not.
Correct on both counts?
Aye.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »
I've seen wildly varying poll results, but the majority of polls has hoax belief being a much smaller percentage of the population than that. 
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Dalhousie

• Jupiter
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 05:56:39 PM »
I'm not saying all who were not alive to experience(say maybe 5-7 years old) believe in the conspiracy.  Poll results have indicated that about 6-7% of the general population believe in the conspiracy, but when taking age into the analysis it jumps to 29-30% for the under 25 year olds.  I'll have to find that poll, because I'm remembering and the mind doesn't remember as well as it used to remember. :)

I quizzed my daughters about this once, when they were arguing with friends about Apollo (their favourite TV series for several years was "From the Earth to the Moon").  I asked them why so many friends thought we did didn't go, the answer was "Because they think it is more interesting and/or cooler to think it was faked".